[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You should be able to solve this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: trolley.jpg (180KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
trolley.jpg
180KB, 1400x700px
You should be able to solve this.
>>
>>1526275
Kek. Let it go. The answer is simple. Unless of course you are a Buddhist.
>>
>>1526275
let it go lmao
>>
>>1526275
Wait and see if the other guy pulls the lever, if not don't pull either.
>>
>>1526292
There's a thick fog in the way and you can't see what the other guy did, or if a trolley is approaching you until it's too late.

The trolleys are rigged with explosives so if you don't pull the lever, the trolley will blow up and kill you.
>>
>>1526293
Then depending on how much I want to die at the moment (this varies by the day, my being a philosophical pessimist and all that) I either pull or not. The odds of mutual co-operation with only a single round of the "game" are close to zero and I expect basically anyone else wanting to stay alive themselves more than saving 1 potential stranger.
>>
Don't do anything
>>
>>1526275
There is no good reason to pull.

Assuming you both pull, you still kill 4 people, only 1 less than if neither of you pulled.

If only one you pulls, then 8 people die (the five on the central tracks, one of the groups of 2s, and the puller).

The risk/reward for pulling is just so low that there is no reason to pull.
>>
The trolley problem is dumb.
>>
>>1526275
>if you don't pull the lever, you can't die
>if you pull it, you can die

Geez, I dunno boss.
>>
>>1526388
Two is still more than one
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.