[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I TRIED SO HARD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: The weeping Frenchman, 1940.jpg (223KB, 1500x1211px) Image search: [Google]
The weeping Frenchman, 1940.jpg
223KB, 1500x1211px
I TRIED SO HARD
>>
>>1526120
Thing is you didn't try hard enough. The french army was intact when the capitulation was ordered.
>>
>>1526120
AND GOT SO FAR

>>1526170
The photo is the reaction of a man who fought in the first war when he discovered war was once again declared
The war has destroyed France and nobody wanted another, hence the rapid end
>>
>>1526243
>1940
>Just discovered they had been at war for, at the very least, 3 months
Yeah, nah. It's from the fall of Paris.
>>
>>1526243
The photo is from the crowd gathered to see the french army run away to Africa, to preserve their flags and "honor", rather than surrender and have them captured.
The man is crying because the "strongest army in the world" was walking down to the port to get on a boat and abandon their fallen state to fight in the colonies where there was still hope.
>>
Why did the French goverment surrender so easily? I understand that they would have lost either way but other nations like Poland fought to the end despite facing certain defeat.
>>
>>1526852
>other nations like Poland fought to the end

Poland never formally surrendered, but its default surrender, and the movement of its armies to neutral Romania and later evacuation by ship, was as soon as the USSR joined the war.
So they didn't hold out longer than France, strategy wise. The moment they were flanked, they conceded, they just didn't announce it in the news.
>>
>>1526852
Pussies.
There isn't one valid excuse.
>>
>>1526893
>preserving your country and it's cultural significance makes you a pussy
EDGE
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.