[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inquisition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1459283565427.jpg (161KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1459283565427.jpg
161KB, 1280x905px
What is a good online source to understand the creation and execution of the medieval and spanish inquisitions ?

How were they formed ?
What were their targets ?
How did they operate ?
Who was in charge of an inquisition ?

For example I'm curious about the rank of the priests who were responsible of an inquisition, also did they have knights or men at arms under their command to enforce their decisions ?

What are the most important things to know about them ?
>>
>>1522876
>What are the most important things to know about them ?
Only about 2,000 people in total were killed [Spanish Inquisition, Henry Kamen]
This kills the anti-Spaniard.
>>
Holy Inquisition was made to root out crypto-muslims and crypto-jews that were commiting terrorism in Spain and less extent Portugal
the Inquisition had preseumption of innocence and a structure of courts
Protestant countries killed more people on religious grounds than the Inquisition because each parish could acuse people and condemn them to death, thousands of gingers were killed in protestant countries
fucking heretics
>>
read Kamen
>>
>>1523215
>Catholic atrocities are either in self-defense or committed by rogue Catholics who don't represent the true faith
>The entire Protestant movement bears the blame for atrocities committed by any Protestant congregation, regardless of whether they were "legally justified through trial" or not
>>
>>1523296
Yes.
>>
>>1523215
>>1523296
Please spare me your religious wars and try to answer the questions. I'm mainly interested by the administrative organization behind it, the power inquisitors were granted and the modus operandi they used.

It seems that they used torture far less than in popular opinion, so did they actually try to establish the guilt of the accused in a factual manner ?
>>
! OP Specifically Asked For Online Sources Guys !
>>
>>1523126
What about torturing. Was it something like the greeks did, where instead of killing you they cut out your tongue/poke out eyes/chop of some bits?
>>
>>1523332
If you're so interested try looking it up yourself, dibshit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.