[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is reason why every 'argument that proves the existence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

There is reason why every 'argument that proves the existence of God' can be logically refuted. They latch onto inherently contradictory presuppositions.

1. God exists and is omnipotent and omniscient and has guides the universe by a) authoring the physical constants that govern nature and b) sometimes actively intervenes in the universe on the behalf of His believers

2. Humans have freedom of will

3. Humans can become aware of the existence of God

1 & 2 cannot both be true, ever. If God intervenes in the universe, you don't have freedom of will. If God doesn't actively intervene in the universe, but designed the universe to act in a particular sort of way (like being ruled by finely tuned mathematical concepts, perhaps) and God is omniscient, then the universe is a really complicated array of dominoes falling in order, and God knows which dominoes collide with which dominoes when, far into the future. All the trillions of trillions of trillions of them. And you're just one of the dominoes, with zero degrees of freedom.

1 & 3 can't both be true either. If God is omnipotent and created the whole universe, he must exist separately from it. That puts God completely outside of the realm of human observation by any natural means. And even if you believe God is some kind of Energy Spirit that permeates the entire universe, or that "It's supernatural", there is no way to detect It that can be physically constructed. YOU are physically constructed. You cannot detect It.
>>
What if the reason for god knowing is different grasp of time? Your future, your past, your present might all be his now.

Either way, not seeking to debate this. I don't know much. And I don't think anyone truly understands freedom of will.
>>
There's lots of good arguments against god. This isn't one of them. Because, much like C. S. Lewis wrote, god could simply see time differently than we do. Him knowing what you'll pick doesn't mean you're not free to act otherwise.

Because to us we see A, B, and then C. It's linear. God would see A, AA, AAA, AB, ABB, ABBB, and every single variation possible that you could pick or think of. It's all "now" to him. Because god is claimed to be beyond time.

As for freedom of will. It's like saying if I could understand ants and an ant says "god damn I wish I had some water" and I gave him water. It's not taking away free will. Now you could potentially argue that if you pray for a job and god makes it so you get it over someone else, then the other person got dicked over hard, and then it'd kinda prove your argument. But then it's only a temporary loss of freedom or it's just what god happened to will.

There it gets kinda fuzzy, but it's not exactly an argument against god. This is kindergarten theology.
>>
>muh nad
>>
>>1522571
You praying for a job and God influencing the mind of your soon-to-be boss is on a different scale of power compared to miracles. If God just changes other people's will in order to enhance the lives of some people at the expense of others, then God is only as powerful as the humans he can manipulate. God could make the richest man in the world decide to give all his money to impoverished babies with cancer, but he couldn't make that same man decide to be a nuclear physicist and invent cold fusion, because cold fusion is impossible.

Real divine intervention is 'God gets pissed and makes a volcano erupt or a comet hit a planet'. Those require changes to objects' paths by means of physical forces which come from nowhere and violate the principle of conservation of energy.

Maybe someone could posit that God set up the universe to play out as a series of events, but with wiggle room for sub-events in the meantime. Like, maybe today you'll get that job over someone else, even though you'll get fired in 5 years and the other guy would have worked there for 23 years, be it not for the fact that regardless of who gets what job, Yellowstone is going to erupt in 23 years and cover the entire office building in ash. Both of you die on the same day regardless, because you both work in the same city. And if God stops the eruption from happening, then he's violating conservation, or he's already precluded the eruption by making Yellowstone dormant before anyone gets any job.
>>
>>1522571
As C.S. Lewis also wrote, Jesus told a false prophecy that the world would end in the first century
>>
>>1522595
>o
>>
>>1522536
>you don't have freedom of will. If God doesn't actively intervene in the universe,
any system sufficiently complete will have degrees of both randomness and order. free will is apart of that randomness and the existence of order alongside it doesn't make the other cease to exist.
>>
>>1522671
The Roman Empire is the reality that underlies our current shared reality.
When god created the universe, to carry out the work he created a pair of beings, one which became good, and one evil, but neither omniscient or omnipresent. When Jesus died and rose from the grave this should have ended the world and commenced the kingdom of heaven, reuniting humanity with the divine singularity. Instead the evil demiurge, who controlled the Roman empire, placed the world inside the black iron prison, which was a kind of hologram that froze time in about 30 AD. Since that time, we've been living in a kind of temporal bubble in which we can't see that the true time is 30 AD, not 2016. Outside of this bubble the good demiurge is trying to free us, and had created a being called VALIS that exists outside the bubble (ie, in the real time) but could send information using tachyons to people inside the black iron prison. So accordingly, the hologram still exists, and the if it were to collapse (if VALIS could get through to enough people with the right information), we would be returned to the real time which is 30 AD, and presumably this would commence the kingdom of heaven.

#StayWoke
>>
>>1523739
when I was christian I actually considered this a possibility when i tried to reconcile this verse
>>
>>1522536
So, because you're an idiot, reality doesn't exist?

kek

Fucking fedoras.
>>
Ultimately there can be no discernible difference between a universe which had no creator/designer god and a universe which evolves out of fundamental properties. The entire scope of belief in a god is contained in your mind, and influences your mood and behavior.

If I were some policymaker I think from a sociological level it is helpful for people to believe in whatever god that fulfills a stabilizing emotional support. This needs to be balanced against beliefs that promote harmful behaviors.
>>
>>1523780
t. pantheist?
>>
>>1523739
>>1523769

More insane gnostic bullshit.

>when I was christian

i.e., NEVER
>>
>>1523807
I take it you are the type that thinks that no true believer would ever lose their faith? yes, this is a heretical belief according to mainstream christianity but it really isn't much crazier than the non-heretical excuses christians have made for this prophecy
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9KB, 230x219px
>>1523780
Flawless victory epic put down
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.