/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know jackshit about WW1, not more than the fact the French,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 3019094342_c2ac6492e9_o.jpg (82KB, 768x747px) Image search: [Google]
3019094342_c2ac6492e9_o.jpg
82KB, 768x747px
I know jackshit about WW1, not more than the fact the French, Brits and Germans stood freezing in some trenches. But the Russians?.. Nooo.. Tell me all about 'em. Who did they fight in WW1? Why did they fight? And all the shit inbetween about the glorious country that was shat on by the reds. Thanks for non meme'd douchebag answers in advance!
>>
>>1520620

> Who did they fight in WW1?

Germans, Austro-Hungarians, and Turks primarily.

> Why did they fight?

Initial pretext was to stick up for the Serbs when Austria-Hungary invaded. As for a lot of the real motivation, fear of the rising power of Germany was a big reason why the goverment was in the game.

>And all the shit inbetween about the glorious country that was shat on by the reds.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Can you clarify?
>>
read a fucking book
>>
>>1520667
Like badass soldiers and generals worth a mention, life as a russian soldier based on where they were stationed, deeds of some battalions (If they got badass mottos throw them in aswell) and a handful of fun facts and what not!
>>
>>1520682
Eat shit anon
>>
>>1520687

About the only thing I can think of at the moment is the "Charge of the Dead men"

>Most of the Eastern Front is being fought in what's now Poland
>After some Russian reverses in the early war, by 1915, the Russians are on the defensive
>One particular strongpoint was Osowiec Fortress, which is in the modern day northeastern poland.
>Had been under siege for almost half a year (Russian command was hoping they'd hold up for 2 days to allow for civilian evacuations and repositioning of forces)
>By july 1915, the Germans have some 15 battalions outside the fortress, roughly 7,000 men, and a bunch of siege guns. The Russians have 500 real soldiers and another 400 or so conscript militia.
>Bombardment, but can't get in.
>Germans try gas attacks on the 6th of August.
>Assume that the Russians are wiped out by gas
>Start marching towards the fotress.
>Counterattacked by the remnants of a single company, about 60 men. Who are dying. And wearing bloody rags around their mouths to try to hold in their lungs.
>German attack breaks from the shock of anything being left in fighting condition.
>Manage to hold for another 2 weeks after that.
>>
>>1520724
Jesus Christ, no wonder Russians got a rep of being tough lads.
>>
>>1520620
What is going on in that picture
>>
>>1520687
The greatest moment of Russia's participation in the war was the Brusilov Offensive in 1916. Aleksei Brusilov was one of the Russian Empire's most capable generals at the time, and his brainchild caused nearly 1 million Austro-Hungarian casualties and several hundred-thousands of Germans. The Russians had their greatest chance of a major breakthrough at this time, and they would have too if the communication wasn't subpar and the Baltic Army hadn't delayed their attack, against Aleksei's wishes. The Austrians and Germans then had time to better their defenses and call more troops to the frontline. If they had continued with the advance, the Austrians without a doubt would have to have called for peace and been thrown out of the war, and might have even decided the entire course of the war right there. However, they did initially succeed in their other goal of causing more pressure on the German Empire and lowering the manpower of Germany on the Western Front.
>>
>>1520724

that's horrifying

pics?
>>
>>1520740
That is a good question...
>>
Russians were numerically the largest army in the world by a good margin (though not even close to the most effective), and were arguably more responsible for the war than anyone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.