[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do muslims get so upset about zoroastrianism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

File: 8V1j5Bo.jpg (448KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8V1j5Bo.jpg
448KB, 1920x1920px
Why do muslims get so upset about zoroastrianism?
>>
>>1515842
You mean
>Why do muslims get so upset about every religion that isn't their own
>>
>>1515849
Read a book you stupid dildo
>>
islam as a way of life is monoculture and finds it self-serving to be erosive.
>>
>>1515849
They get angrier about Zoroastrianism than almost any other religion. They hate jews as people, but they don't seem to spend much time angry at the theology of judaism itself.

Methinks it's insecurity about Persia pulling most of the weight in Islamic civilization despite Arabs liking to think they own it.

t. Bahram Piroozdoost
>>
>>1515874
>They hate jews as people, but they don't seem to spend much time angry at the theology of judaism itself.

Well, it's because of Israel. It's nothing to do with religion, really.
>>
>>1515842
Better question is why Iranians hate it. They treat remaining zoroasters poorly despite it clearly being their indigenous religion.
>>
>>1515888
Why did early christian converts in northern Europe start to oppress their pagan brethren? It was pretty clear that this new religion was not local and came from the mysterious regions of the east. It's just that they've been convinced it is the Truth and the old ways are foolish and potentially dangerous.

As for why Muslims specifically get mad at Zoroastrianism though, I would say it's because scholarly consensus points to it being one of the very first monotheistic religions entirely unrelated to Abrahamic thought. Proper Muslims have to literally believe that Islam was the first religion.
>>
>>1515842
It's an Indo-Aryan religion, not Semitic. Ethnic conflict, that's all.
>>
>>1515849
I would probably get upset too if I couldn't get laid or jack off and there was sand everywhere.
>>
>>1515879
Yeah, I was just pre-empting anyone who was gonna chime in with "but they hate jews!!".

Even today, gulf arabs like to think of themselves as the only real muslims. They still want everyone to be muslim too, though. But they won't acknowledge them as being as good of muslims. Shit's weird.

Throw in the historical conflicts with Iran, the fact that Iran is shi'a, and the fact that Iranians in general still practice a lot of zoroastrian culture and holidays? You've got a recipe for a lot of really fucking angry Faisals and Ahmeds online going full-triggered whenever zoroastrianism shows up. And like I said, I think there's a bit of an inferiority complex to go with that superiority complex, because such a disproportionate amount of the intellectual and even theological weight-lifting of the Islamic golden era was done by Iranians, which is kinda hard to reconcile when your worldview is that Islam is awesome and Iranians are bad.

>>1515888
I'm not sure where you're getting that from? Zoroastrians are permitted to worship freely, have a guaranteed spot in parliament, and they don't meet much prejudice from the general populace. Khomeini himself made appeals to the country's Zoroastrian past, saying that erasing it would be like cutting the roots of the tree that eventually grew into the country's islamic present. Fire temples operate without incident and communities are thriving (although the Parsis of India are being lost to outer-marriage, but that's their fault for refusing converts).

The theocratic reality of Iran right now sucks for everyone, but not moreso for Zoroastrians than anyone else. Except Baha'is. Baha'is gotta deal with a ton of shit.
>>
>>1515923
Suddenly likening Annikin to muselmen makes more sense.
>>
>>1515923
Same thing with Christians though, just without the sand.

Maybe it's sand.
>>
>>1515942
>get sand on dick
>try to have a wank
>it literally rips your skin
>Al-REEEEEEE at everyone
>>
>>1515953

No, no.

It's -

>be circumcised
>try to wank
>it literally rips your skin
>GODS RIGHTEOUS MURDERER
>>
>>1515842
They're trying to take over Bahrain
>>
>>1515967
When did we start talking about the jews?
>>
>>1516044
Muslims circumcise too.
>>
>>1515902
>As for why Muslims specifically get mad at Zoroastrianism though, I would say it's because scholarly consensus points to it being one of the very first monotheistic religions entirely unrelated to Abrahamic thought. Proper Muslims have to literally believe that Islam was the first religion
Christians get VERY upset by Zoroastrianism for that same reason. Just try to start a thread claiming Zoroastrianism in any way influenced Judaism and Christianity and they will without fail come out yelling Yahweh Akbar!
>>
>>1516106

>Christians get VERY upset by Zoroastrianism for that same reason.

Of course it would. Zoroastrianism and its central themes of life as a cosmic struggle between good and evil, with good eventually coming on top completely undermines every idea that Christianity is completely unique. It points very clearly to Christianity being the product of a very specific place and time
>>
>>1515842
because Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion (Judaism Muslims are ok with because they see themselves as basically the same faith but Islam is "perfected")
also Persians are ultra snobby and basically bore the weight of "islamic" civilization which makes nigger Arabs mad.
>>
>>1516106
>Christians get VERY upset by Zoroastrianism
when?
like a thousand years ago?
>>
>>1516142
Most Christians you meet on the street don't even know what Zoroastrianism is. For the ones that try to defend the faith on the internet, including professionals like WLC, the idea that Christianity isn't totally unique, sublime, and contrary to human understanding (they think this is further testament to its truth) is a very threatening one.
>>
>>1516142
Like I said, start a thread and find out. It's an inconvenient religion that takes authority away from their "holy", "revealed" scriptures.
>>
>>1516183
>>1516157
I have NEVER EVER seen any christian say anything negative about zoroastarianism beyond it not being he "true faith"
even before Islam Neostorian christianity and Zoroastrianism coexisted.

Christians see it in the same light as the do Buddhism. meanwhile Muslims pushed them to near extinction.
>>
>>1516238
The Christians you know are probably not aware of the implications, but if certain ideas from Zoroastrianism predate and have influenced Christianity then their entire religion and worldview falls appart. Of course you can't compare Christians to Muslims in terms of violence and persecution of other religions, as Western societies have evolved beyond the medieval fase and Zoroastrianism is not even present in their lives too.
>>
>>1516282
>The Christians you know
not Christians I know, any Christians anywhere.
post some evidence of Christians getting upset over Zoroastrianism.
>>
So what's the deal with the family marriage thing for zoroastrians in Crusader Kings II?
>>
>>1516305
>post some evidence of Christians getting upset over Zoroastrianism.
Nah, I don't care enough.
>>
>>1516312
Was a thing in the late Sassanid era among the top upper class, yeah. Wasn't practiced much outside of that and iirc it was something the priests at the time came up with rather than actually being in the scriptures.
>>
>>1516424

Were there actual scriptures back then? It was my understanding that Zoroastrianism was almost entirely oral until about the 12th century or so.

Not him, btw
>>
>>1516428
There undoubtedly was, but it's accurate to say it was primarily oral, yeah. The priest class of the Sassanid era held enormous political power not unlike the mullahs of Iran today. It's also important to note that during this time, the nobility had bought into a dualist cult of zoroastrianism called Zurvanism, rather than the garden-variety monotheistic zoroastrianism. They'd also close this off from the general populace, which plays into why the peasantry converted to islam so readily (particularly craftsmen, who were thought to be impure due to working with fire).
>>
>>1516458
Zurvanism is the opposite of dualistic. It was considered a heresy because it claimed there was a single higher principle than the Ahura Mazda vs. Angra Mainyu = Good vs. Evil duality, namely Zurvan or Time-Eternity. It was thus monistic and probably received Hellenic influence.
>>
>>1516424
>>1516458
So basically it was like European kings going "well the bible doesn't say that I can't have two wives."

Except with screwing your family.
>>
they do?
>>
>>1516313
because its complete nonsense that has zero basis, you're just playing the same old "but look at the Christians!" game Muslims always play.
>>
>>1516312
Zoroastrianism isn't really all that special as far as turning it into something in a video game goes. Muslims have jihad and wives, Christians have heresy and the papacy, Asatru have raiding and concubines, Zoroastrians have...Taking back Iran.

So they took a historical meme ("Zoroastrians practiced cousin fucking, so they fucked their sisters!") and made it a game mechanic and now it's become a popular meme again.

>>1516727
No, a better comparison would be historians looking back on Medieval England and saying "Well, the Christians practiced marriage, so they clearly practiced polgyamy!". The Zoroastrian royalty practiced cousin fucking, which is sanctioned in Zoroastrianism. Did the royalty practice inbreeding? Undoubtedly, as all royalties of all religions do because >fuck the commoners, gotta keep the blood line pure.
>>
Random question, I've heard Zoroastrianism proper was both monotheistic and panentheistic, in that everything was a part of Ahura Mazda, even the bad guy, is this true?
>>
>>1516904
>>1516510
>>
>>1515857
I've wrote six.
>>
>>1516183
I'm pretty sure muslims would freak out more. Most Christians are too oblivious to care about a religion that is no where near as big as theirs.
>>
>>1515923
>I would probably get upset too if I couldn't get laid or jack off and there was sand everywhere.
exactly, religions is not meant for normies. people like you prefer to remain hedonist, while trying to feel good about themselves in thinking that they are more than mere animals.
>>
>>1517154
Please show us
>>
File: Age_of_Caliphs.png (59KB, 684x347px) Image search: [Google]
Age_of_Caliphs.png
59KB, 684x347px
>its yet another butthurt persian victim complex episode

reminder that modern day persia is literally worshipping an arab god right now
>>
>>1517199
>wrote six
>not written six
>not getting the joke
>further asking someone to dox themselves
Yeah lol thanks anon that was enough entertainment for me for tonight.
>>
>>1515879
Opposition to Israel is a convenient conduit for an antisemitism that has always existed in arab/muslim culture. You can't deny it's baked into the religion itself.
>>
>>1515857
Thanks for Correcting The Record
>>
>>1516106
I've literally never seen a Christian upset about Zoroastrianism. And I am one, along with most people I know.
>>
>>1516282
>entire religion and worldview falls apart

Are you completely retarded or what? Most of Zoroastrianism could be rationalized as a prototype by a Christian, like "Good guess but here's the REAL truth".

Another monotheistic religion existing and the Israelites getting some notions from them in no way invalidates Christianity. Nowhere does Christianity claim to be the first or only Monotheistic religion. We might say the ancient Israelites learned some truths from the Persians that they hadn't realized before. Israelites weren't infallible geniuses who fully understood the nature of God, quite the opposite (that's a big part of our religion, in fact.

You kinda sound like a butthurt fedora projecting t b h f a m
>>
because they're fucking infidel pigs that's why
>>
>>1517253
X-D
>>
>>1515842
They don't though?

Early Muslim histories mention magian religion with passing neutrality. They were more concerned with contrasting Persian opulence to their own relatively humble appearance to show they were closer to God. Also Christian and Jews are considered ayhl al-kitab (people of the book) and therefore enjoy the right to practice their faith while not being bound to Islamic law as long as they pay the jizya.

Zoroastrianism is not an abrahamic religion and therefore it's members do not enjoy the same rights. Early Islamic states (started with Umar ibn al-khattab in 637ad) ended up lumping Zoroastrians into the same category anyway because
>A) The money the made from the jizya was so dank the state depended on it
>B) The Quran says there's no compulsion in religion
>C) Forced conversion doesn't a stable empire make.

Since they were not people of the book though they ended up being victims anytime the Muslim population freaked out about something. Much like what Christians did to Jews in Europe at the same time in history.
>>
>>1515902

>Proper Muslims have to literally believe that Islam was the first religion.

But they hold the torah and New testament as sacred scripture. Where do those retards think they came from?
>>
>>1517799
It has existed in the same sense as it did in European/Christian culture. Jews were doing alright in Muslim countries before Zionism and the Great Purge.
>>
>>1517970
xxx deeee
>>
>>1515842
Why the fuck are the Houthis being called "Majoos" by autistic Salafis online though?
>>
>>1518515
The idea is that all the important biblical figures directly followed God's will perfectly (for example, the Muslim version of Solomon never had the problem of serving other gods to please his wives, he was a faithful monotheist until death) and then some random people accidentally misinterpreted their actions and invented the religions of Judaism and Christianity, introducing corruptions (like Solomon's character flaws or Jesus being God). Muhammed came down and sorted the whole thing out, revealing what all the biblical figures "actually" thought and did as opposed to the corrupted versions Christians and Jews believe in. Then Islam isn't really a religion so much as directly following the will of Allah.

Lots of mental gymnastics needed to justify it. There's a pretty famous image of a weeb Muslim explaining that Islam was the first religion in the world because Adam was one.
>>
File: 1424025233877s.jpg (10KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1424025233877s.jpg
10KB, 249x249px
>>1515842
The average Muslim in my Mosque will be like "literally what?" if you ask them about your view on zoroastrianism. Once you clarify that it is the pre-Islamic religion of Persia they'll just be like" Lel stoopid fireworshippers"
either way no one gets emotional about Zoroastrianism or Persia.

On a side note: why is it that Iranians tend to have a mindset that every other race is thinking about them in someway? Like i'll give it to you that you are far superior to Bedoin Saudis but other than that the average Paki or Turk doesn't spend a second thinking about Iran or Persia but for some reason Iranians seem to have a mind set that"They ae sooo jealous of our persianness , they wish they were Persian hahaha Children of Cyrus !!!111"
>>
>>1515888
Because, they don't see it as their indiginious religion. The only person who could see it that way would be a non-muslim or a non-persian. To a Muslim Persian, it's just some pagan bullshit that will damn you to hell.
>>
>>1521175
Islam will damn you to hell.
>>
>>1515924
>have a guaranteed spot in parliament
1 spot. Also conversion from Islam to Zoroastrianism is punishable by capital punishment: lethal capital punishment.
>>
File: 1446618501264.jpg (33KB, 272x284px) Image search: [Google]
1446618501264.jpg
33KB, 272x284px
>>1517253
>mfw Iranian Intermezzo period completely economically drained the Abbassids
>mfw the Abbassids themselves were Persiaboos
>mfw Arabs will NEVER be not booty-blasted by Iranians and non-Arab muslims contributing the lionshare and majority of intellectualism in Islam's *****Golden Age*****
>>
>>1515879
>Well, it's because of Israel. It's nothing to do with religion, really.

The text of the koran contains scripture that mentions how in the future the trees and the rocks will call out to devout muslims to let them know that there is a jew hiding behind them so the muslim can kill the jew.
>>
>>1518438
They use the term "majus" as a racial slur, there was no neutrality in their neglect and abusive tolerance of non-Arabs and non-Arab muslims.

>>1520783
No one gives a shit about Turks or Pakistanis, nigga. Turks are so thirsty to make up for their own historical lack of intellectuals and high thinkers they try to steal Iranian poets like Rumi and claim them.

And Pakistanis are just eternally butthurt over Iran and India being friends and both hating them.
>>
>>1516282
>The Christians you know are probably not aware of the implications, but if certain ideas from Zoroastrianism predate and have influenced Christianity then their entire religion and worldview falls appart

Anon this seems like a pretty big claim. Do you personally know any Christians who believe this? The Sine qua non of Christianity is in the name itself. Christ. So unless the ideas challenge the underlying idea that Jesus Christ is the son of God and came to die and be resurrected so humanity can be absolved of its sins, I doubt most Christians would worry about it too much.
>>
>>1515842
Same reason why Muslims get upset over Judaism and Christianity. Because they know ultimately their "faith" is a plaguerization of the three and they can not tolerate any knowledge or acknowledging the existence of the fact that Islam is deeply influenced as much by Zoroastranism as it was by Christianity and Judaism.

Or the fact that Iranian's religion basically split orthodox Islam in two with its influence leading to Shia'ism.
>>
I've never heard of Muslims being mad at Zoroastrianism at all. I mean they are surely mad for it because it's not Islamic, but the anger of Muslims usually goes:

IF no other religions present or they are in a submissive or irrelevant position THEN brutally hate and loath one another on sectarian lines.
IF no Shiia/Sunni around THEN brutally hate and loath one another based on intra-dogma lines. Not being Sunni enough, not being Shiia enough, being filthy sufi.

Then it usually goes from most hated to least:

-Bah'ai (because it is a new faith developed in Islamic lands and thus denies the idea of Muhammad being the last seal of the prophets)

Lot of space

-Hindus (If Pakistan/India. Otherwise don't give a fuck about pajeet)
-Jews
-Jews (Even before Israel was created. They got plenty of pogroms by Muslims and were even more second class citizens than Christians)
-More Jews
-Christians
-Zoroastrians and the rest.

Back when they had just conquered Iran then yeah there would be more polemic against Zoroastrians but they are such a small population today that vitriol is better spent towards das juden or those evil christians or those pagan hindoos
>>
AIDF out in full force today
>>
>>1516106
I'm a Christian, and I think Zoroastrianism is a pretty neat and interesting religion.
To be fair though, I'm part of a pretty relaxed church, and I could totally see some fundamentalist retards getting triggered by it.
>>
>>1521199
Yeah, but I'm talking about how they view it.
>>
>>1520497
Because they're shi'a, which is heavily associated with Iran, and "majoos" is basically an arabic slur for iranians.

It's how they pronounce "magus", as in, y'know, zoroastrian magi. Which isn't all that insulting in its own right, so the slur kinda falls flat unless it's directed to an Iranian who's serious about islam and would get butthurt about being called a fireworshipper.

>>1520783
>On a side note: why is it that Iranians tend to have a mindset that every other race is thinking about them in someway? Like i'll give it to you that you are far superior to Bedoin Saudis but other than that the average Paki or Turk doesn't spend a second thinking about Iran or Persia
I dunno, I think there's a kernel of truth to it if we're just talking turks and pakis. Persian literature is crazy-popular in those countries and Farsi is seen as really sophisticated/cultured kinda like how French is seen in the west. And just speaking anecdotally, my roommate's Iranian (I'm half indian/half white-mutt) and the paki/indian girls on campus swarm him. I guess they see it as dating-up but still in a similar culture, kinda like how being South Korean is a huge plus if you hang out with asians nowadays.
>>
>>1515849
FPBP

also /thread
>>
>>1515842
Same reason they hate the Jews. Judaism. Take Judaism and add a little pagan fire god to the mix and you have Zoroastrianism.
>>
>>1515967
Didnt your daddy show you how to not rip the skin by using someone elses mouth?
>>
>>1515842
Because it's a distinguished ancient religion that existed long before their own and was the primary religion of a major civilization that Islam has attempted to mold in its own image.
>>
>>1521581
>Farsi is seen as really sophisticated/cultured kinda like how French
desu this is true. Pakis and Indians- we tend to kiss up to other races. I think we have an ingrained tendency to be cucks
>>
>>1515842
The truth hurts.
>>
>>1515842
i think an easier question is what don't mudslimes get upset about?
>>
>>1516282
Christians already accept that their religion comes from the Jews. It wouldn't be out of the question to consider that God communicated with Zoroastrians as well.
>>
Butthurt diaspora ignores the fact that Zoroastrianism under Sassanian was extremely intolerant and aggressive, read Magi Kartir's inscription about how the destroyed churches-synagogues-pagan temples.
>>
>>1524267
top post
>>
>>1525727
>intolerant
Except it wasn't. Jews heavily prospered under the Sassanids who were devout Zoroastrians and the Talmud was completed in the Sassanid's first golden age period. In fact, high ranking Rabbis and other Jewish religious and political leaders frequently had a direct line of contact with the Great King/King of Kings and his inner court as well as the Grandees/Wuzargan. Christians treated Jews and Zoroastrians like shit in the Roman and Eastern Roman Empire, and it became more a socio-political pretext between both empires. Zoroastrians weren't trusted in the Roman Empire just as Christians weren't trusted in the Persian Empire.
>>
>>1516106
Nah, Christians hate gnostics more than anyone else desu
>>
>>1526249
where do you people get this shit? if you interviewed actual random christians about gnosticism 95% wouldn't even know the word and the remaining 5% would go "mumble mumble the matrix"
>>
>>1515842
I'm a Muslim and I actually like Zoroastrianism it's an interesting, complex and ancient religion. Muslims generally get pissed at Zoroastrianism because they don't actually know what the fuck it is and confuse it with polytheism .
>>
>>1526290
I meant historically. In modern times, true a lot of people don't know about it but sometimes you will see outcry of heresies in gnostic threads
>>
Muslims are intolerant of everything and everyone that disagrees with their beliefs.
>>
>>1521561
Oh
>>
>>1515857
TAKE A LOOK
ITS IN A BOOK
YOURE A GOD DAMN FAGGOT
(a god damn faggot)
>>
>>1526712
Because it's all memes you dip.

But I agree, interesting as it is it is undoubtedly 100% heresy
>>
>>1527792
Just a prank bro
>>
>>1516282
>Of course you can't compare Christians to Muslims in terms of violence and persecution of other religions
Oh yes you can.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.