[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greater China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: asia-outline-blank-map.jpg (626KB, 1575x1357px) Image search: [Google]
asia-outline-blank-map.jpg
626KB, 1575x1357px
Is this the true extent of Chinese civilization?

>Mongolia, Sakhalin, Kyrgyzstan, all of Manchuria, and larger parts of Siberia, Central Asia and South Asia belonged to China during the time of the Qing Dynasty

>Japan, Burma and Korea were vassal states to Qing China.

>Vietnam was part of the Chinese civilization since its annexation during the time of the Han Dynasty, and Vietnamese people even have Chinese surnames.

>Thai, Tai or Dai people are of Chinese origin: the Dai or Shan, though not Han, are part of the Zhonhua minzu (Chinese people) and inhabit Yunnan. Since the Shan States of Myanmar and the kingdoms of Laos and Thailand were ruled by the Dai people, this makes these states Chinese.

>Thai people also conquered Assam and established a kingdom there, the Ahom kingdom. This makes Northeast India part of China, too.

>Most Taiwanese people are of Chinese origin and language, and Taiwan was part of China from 1683 to 1949. This makes Taiwan part of China, too.

>Most Singaporeans are of Chinese descent and language, so this makes Singapore part of China, too.

>There were polities of Chinese culture in Luzon in ancient times, such as Pangasinan or Feng-chia-hsi-lan. This makes Luzon part of China, too.
>>
>>1515171
Culturally maybe, but the idea that china at any time held direct or even indirect control over all this area is ridiculous
>>
With the exception of Vietnam, SEA was never within the realm of Chinese civilization

They were indianized states
>>
>Thailand and Burma are Chinese
Bullshit. Just because they are descended or related to an ethnic group that was eventually conquered by China's borders doesn't mean they are "Chinese" in any meaningful sense.

The rest is alright, though.
>>
>>1515206
>assam is chinese
>>
>>1515206
According to the faggot OP, Bengali people are European
>>
>>1515215
I considered it part of the "Tai people" nonsense.

Now that i think about it, there was very little Chinese influence on Luzon too.
>>
>>1515185
>ancient Indians expanded to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Tibet, Nepal, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, east Africa, Thailand, Philippines, Australia

all under Indian civilization
aka Ultra India

so maybe China needs to settle the claims with India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_India
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farther_India
>>
>>1515343
>>1515171
>India controlled parts of what is now China

The Formosans once controlled Taiwan and China, before being removed by invaders

Same with the Persians, Bactrians, Sogdians, Kushans, Tocharians, Viets, Burmese, Japanese...all controlling what is now considered parts of China
>>
>>1515171
The truth is that the modern day borders of China are greater China. The only places I could see on seriousness being added are Vietnam and Mongolia
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.