[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the people of modern day Maceedonia descendants of Alexander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Are the people of modern day Maceedonia descendants of Alexander the Great?
>>
>>1514715
Alex only fugged boipucci
>>
>>1514715
""""Macedonia""""
>>
>>1514715
>Filthy Bulgarians
>Alexander
Pick one
>>
>>1514715
Why did he impregnate every woman alive? Retard.

It's a shame his seed was lost in sterile boi pucci.
>>
Most Slavic countries are named after their main ethnicity - rus = Russia, serb = Serbia. But Macedonia and Ukraine have it in reverse - they are named after the region, and the inhabitants call themselves 'Macedonian'/'Ukraine'. Its bizarre.

(For the record I don't support Russia's actions in Ukraine. I'm just not persuaded that Ukrainians are that important.)
>>
Not really. It's just that Russians have disqualified themselves from being human and most Slavs feel deeply uncomfortable sharing that identity with them.
>>
File: Macedonia_overview.png (202KB, 834x884px) Image search: [Google]
Macedonia_overview.png
202KB, 834x884px
>>1514715
No
>>
>>1514761
Quite large part of medieval Rus/Ruthenia(including Kiev) were still under Commonwealth's control by the time people started calling Muscovy Russia.

To understand the reasons why Ukrainians call themselves Ukrainians, Russians call themselves Russians and Belorussians call themselves Belarussians(well, okay, nowadays they don't) you would have to spend a looong time reading up on their history.

If you want to see very similar situation pick Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats. Ethnically they're not that far from each other(Croats little bit further from the rest), linguistically they basically speak the same language(just tell Croats that your Serbo-Croatian is Croatian and tell Serbs that it's Serbian) yet the cultural, historical and religious differences make them different nations.

And btw. it's not a coincidence that such things are common in slavic countries(another case in point - Czechia and Slovakia).
>>
>>1514819
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>1514715
They are almost definitely the same people as those who lived there 2000 years ago, call them Macedonians or whichever you please, they simply got linguistically assimilated by the Slavic invaders. They're also genetically much closer to Greeks than to actual Slavs.
>>
>>1514819
>To understand the reasons why Ukrainians call themselves Ukrainians, Russians call themselves Russians and Belorussians call themselves Belarussians(well, okay, nowadays they don't) you would have to spend a looong time reading up on their history.
tldr version as i understand it

Ukrainians were under Polish control and they started calling themselves after the region, the commonwealth frontier(kraina) against the turks and tatars. Before that they just called themselves "rusini"

Belarussians started calling themselves Lithuanians because they were part of the lithuanian dutchy, but later russia conquered them and they adopted the belarussian name. Before that they were also "rusini"

And finally russians kept their old name. They call themselves "russkie" today.
>>
File: cigol.jpg (35KB, 479x591px) Image search: [Google]
cigol.jpg
35KB, 479x591px
>>1514715
Why does Macedonia even exist today when they're pretty much just Bulgarians?
>>
>>1514761
Ukrainian lives matter
>>
>>1514761
Actually Russia is named after a Viking tribe that created a bunch of princedoms. The last time I checked Russians were not Vikings.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.