[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we are truly made in Gods image, how comes God has a body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

If we are truly made in Gods image, how comes God has a body that just happens to be well suited for living on a terrestial planet with a nitrogen-oxigen atmospher?
Why does an omnipotent beeing need hands, legs or an asshole?
>>
>>1513628

I suspect that "in God's image" was man's narcissism. God has no need for human form.
>>
>>1513628
this might have been one of the parts that was actually metaphorical

it might refer to intelligence, qualia or some such
>>
>>1513644
isn't god like much more intelligent than human?
And how comes he has a mind that would fit a hunter gatherer living in small groups?
>>
>>1513647
we don't have the same one but we have one

unlike rocks or something
>>
It doesn't really mean literally what God looks like, rather that men were made to have duties over creation and thus to be "godlike" in a way that the other animals were not.

God himself blows the breath of life into Adam's nostrils, there's a sacred imprint of some kind that distinguishes the human creation from the other creatures.

You could make a long list but it might include things like the capacity for language and higher thought or abstract thought, conscience, self-control, free-will.

Being created in the image of God carries a further implication. It implies that human life is somehow sacred and deserving of special care and protection.

>Genesis 9:6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, in exchange for that man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of God was man created"

It invokes the absolute prohibition on murder. There is no way to compensate or punish someone for murder, it simply means forfeiture of one's own life. That's how sacred human life is.

This is intentionally a subversion of other polytheistic religions which would portray humans as servile towards a group of capricious self-interested gods.

Being God's image elevates humans to more majesty and dignity
>>
>>1513628
Because God was created by man.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.