[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Civil War feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>You will never be a minor Russian noble fleeing the Reds, making your way towards the supposed 'safety' of the Crimea, where the last bastions of the Imperial Remnant and White Army hold sway
>You will never wait agonizingly as the Reds advance forward, inching closer every moment, with you always hoping for a White counter-offensive that never materializes or Allied intervention that never comes
>You will never make your way hurriedly to Sevastopol upon hearing the news that the Reds have broken through the Perekop line, watching the rest of the White Army and administration abandon their posts and flee
>You will never make your way into one of the boats of Wrangel's Fleet, and sail away for Constantinople as you hear the distant din of chaos as the Reds make their way into Sevastopol, bringing down the Imperial flag and raising the Red standard
>You will never arrive to exotic and Oriental Constantinople after a tired and depressing journey, to plan your next step
>You will never stay in Constantinople for a few weeks to recuperate from the stress before purchasing transportation to Paris, where you hear many of the White emigres are planning to retreat to
>You will never arrive in Paris and settle in Montmartre and find employment in a small Russian-owned business catering to the influx of White Russians
>You will never sit down one sunny morning to your coffee and slices of bread and fruit and cheese and read about the atrocities and famines and purges and violence occurring in the former Russian Empire

The only thing that would make this better would be obtaining a bara Cossack bf along the way and helping him deal with the loss of his homeland.
>>
>ywn raise the black flag over your village
>ywn sing Любo бpaтцi любo with your comrades
>ywn own a mauser c96
>ywn fire your machine gun into the heavy clouds of dust kicked up by the horses pulling your tachanka
>ywn charge with bat'ko makhno into the ranks of the volunteer army and send them jumping into the river
>ywn narrowly escape the bolshevik traitors and go into exile
>>
>>1513177
>joining the Blacks

Even more shit-tier than the Whites, since at least the Whites had the air of nostalgia and romanticism about them. Even more ignoble than the Greens.
>>
>>1513187
i want monarchists to leave
>>
>>1513123
> you will never experience the hardships of a refugee

I'm completely OK with this.
>>
>>1513191
I'm not a Monarchist, though.

I actually preferred the Reds, but I do sympathize with the Whites because their plight is so much more 'romantic' in a literary sense - lords and ladies and princes and dukes and barons being forced to flee and to abandon their homeland to die in exile, palaces being plundered and the entire world one knew being plunged into non-existence violently...
>>
>>1513205
romanticism like that seems pretty boring and cliched to be honest family
i'm sympathetic to anarchism because it's really the only political movement which looks for fulfillment for its own sake and doesn't give you some kind of preordained purpose, identity, aesthetic or historical narrative
>>
>>1513218
>romanticism like that seems pretty boring and cliched to be honest family

Yeah, that's called Romanticisim...

Anarchists in the Civil War were shit-tier, literally fighting over:
>I shouldn't have to choose between you and them!

Makes me glad to read that everyone from the Reds, the Whites, and even Greens perpetrated violence against them.
>>
>>1513229
but you shouldn't have to choose between what you see as two evils anon, that's not the kind of life that's fit for anyone
>>
>>1513234
>but you shouldn't have to choose between what you see as two evils anon

Then propose a third and better alternative. The Blacks never proposed any alternative to the Red Bolshevism or the generally Monarchist stance of the Whites: their stance was always "we shouldn't have to choose between you or them!" Nothing deeper than that, and that's cowardly. They were never destined to win, with a position like theirs. Even the goals of the Greens are much more understandable: fight to preserve what's yours from marauders, no matter the color or their standard. But the Blacks are literal special snowflakes.
>>
>>1513242
they proposed an alternative, they just didn't have the following to implement it and they weren't dogmatists
i think that sometimes all you really need to do is say "no" anyway; what comes after that comes after that and books and theories give you intimations of the way a society might function but ultimately it comes down to how you learn and apply things in reality
>>
>>1513250
I can see what you are trying to get at, and I can agree with what you're saying. However, I don't believe the Black movement ever had a future.
>>
Imagine how the White Russians who fled to China felt when the communists also won the Civil War there.

At least those who fled China through the Philippines into the U.S. didn't live long enough to see America becoming communist too.
>>
>>1513257
they were pretty much doomed from the start but there's some kind of heroism in that to me
>>
>>1513193
100% this.
>>
>>1513265
Spotted the Christcuck
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.