[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange war hammer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hello /his/.

I recently purchased a late medieval war hammer found in the river danube near Neuburg an den Donau.
Date is around early 15th century.

This one has an etxtremely long spike. How would this particular hammer have been used? Most of the weight is in the spike and you'd think it would just get stuck.

Oakeshott is no use since he barely covers hammers.

My guess is someone comissioned it just because he could afford it and he thought it was cool.

Pic related. Mine is in way worse condition and the spike is slightly smaller.
>>
it's a pick. not a warhammer.
>>
File: tmp_25631-images(3)487028068.jpg (6KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25631-images(3)487028068.jpg
6KB, 209x241px
One with not one but two oversized spikes. Also German. The first one I posted is of eastern european origin btw.
>>
>>1509815
>second from the right

Why is this so sexy
>>
>>1509809
Ah yes could be I have read about war picks/horseman picks. Any good sources on their use?

Pic if anyone is interested btw.
>>
>>1509815
Oh wait just one spike and a weird hammer head.
>>
>tfw the weapon guys on are the only guys who know their shit on /his/
>tfw the weapon guys make the only informative posts
>tfw non-weapon/human issues is full of smartasses who pretend they know something but only spout memes and movit ideologies
>>
Looks unwieldy AF
>>
>>1510111
OP here. It fucking is, it keeps pivoting so the point faces down. I know war hammers and such were made to primarily use the spike but you'd actually have to put in effort to use the little hammerhead on this thing.

I think this was more a case of.

>Are you absolutely sure you want a 50 CM spike sir?
>Ofcourse I am sure! It'll look cool as shit when its done!
>Well maybe but i..its not very..
>Ach mein liebe! Just make the thing, I am paying you enough!

Maybe he stabbed himself with his huge spike and fell in the Danube.
>>
>>1509803
Now THAT is an anime weapon if ever I've seen one.
>>
>>1510191
>>1510111
it's used more like a secondary lance rather than normal warhammer. you just ride towards your enemy, get the spike to foe's face and let it go. it's almost certainly one-go thing and definitely not infantryman's weapon.
>>
>>1510227

If that were the case wouldn't they make a cruder tool? You don't need a hammer end or a fully metal spike in order to spike someone at galloping speed.
>>
>>1510757
That is why full spike is rare. Cavalry hammers usually have more manageable heads. Such as
>>1509815
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.