[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he the last great intellectual debater of our time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Hitchens.jpg (247KB, 1127x914px) Image search: [Google]
Hitchens.jpg
247KB, 1127x914px
Was he the last great intellectual debater of our time?
>>
>>1508875
No, I am.
>>
>>1508875
Yes.
>>
>>1508879
No, it's me.
Idiot.
>>
>>1508879
>>1508908
>>1508921
Fuck off, cunts. It's me.

I know you are I said you are but what am I.
>>
File: peter hitchens.jpg (25KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
peter hitchens.jpg
25KB, 460x276px
>>1508875
>being this immoral
>>
File: Rubbish.jpg (28KB, 414x579px) Image search: [Google]
Rubbish.jpg
28KB, 414x579px
Christopher is incredibly overrated.
>>
Nah, it's John Green, closely followed by me.
>>
>>1508875
He was woefully wrong on Iraq and he still carried quite a few disagreeable Trotsykite sentiments with him in his later years that he acquired in his student days. Apart from that he had an incredible command over the English language, he was extremely witty and he gave immensely detailed political commentary that combined his vast literary, historical and geopolitical knowledge.
>>
>>1509298

And Peter is even more overrated, and only liked by neoreactionary DOOS FULT christcucks on /pol/
>>
>>1509298
Tell me why
>inb4 he just didn't "get it" when it came to christianity, and by "get it" I mean "agree with me"
>>
>>1510750
>neoreactionary DOOS FULT christcucks on /pol/

Didn't know you could cram this many buzzword into one sentence
>>
>>1509778
A Crash Course History video is worth more than some books by some so-called intellectuals.
>>
>>1510739
roughly what didhe have to say about iraq?
>>
>>1510794
Didn't know you could cram that much retard into one person, either.

But /pol/ has shown us otherwise.
>>
>>1510810
>>1509193
>>
File: lmao@ur_morality_tbh.gif (1MB, 245x253px) Image search: [Google]
lmao@ur_morality_tbh.gif
1MB, 245x253px
>>1510750

>Hello, everyone - I've never listened to Peter's views and immediately assume he speaks for the 14 year old's on /pol/!
>>
>>1510837

He publishes them in the Daily Mail. I rest my case
>>
>>1510837
>Implying he doesn't.
>>
>>1510837
He does tho
>muh moral degeneracy
>Britain never lost its empire! America came along and forced us to give it up!
>The EU is Germany's empire
>Invading Iraq was wrong because Saddam kept stability, killed terrorists, and was a pretty peaceful guy
>You're just not open to having a relationship with Jesus Christ
>Why's Britain always portrayed as the bad guys in movies now?
>>
>>1510879
>Invading Iraq was wrong because Saddam kept stability

This is 100% correct
>>
>autistic
>stuttered every other word
>literally a marxist

Yeah what a great debator he was kek
>>
>>1510855

>He publishes them in the Daily Mail

Actually its the mail on Sunday, the daily mails sister paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDaQkeIvSc4
>>
>>1510882
That's not 100% correct, no matter how many Michael Moore documentaries you've seen. He set up a shaky, strong-man state where the Republican guard and Sunni minority routinely had to disenfranchise, threaten, and murder the Shia majority in order to stay on top. Do you honestly think his regime would've lasted under his sons once he died, they were bad people as well, but they didn't have the balls to force one half the Iraqi parliament to massacre the other half.

Also you're ignoring his war with Iran, his invasion of Kuwait, his atrocities against the Kurds, his shooting at US/UK planes that were enforcing UN mandated no fly zones, his repeated dismissal of UN sanctions and treaties, and his funding of Sunni terrorist groups against his Shia rivals.
>>
>>1510914
Oh so you're the buttblasted Shia fag from earlier, carry on then.
>>
>>1510927
I'm not Shia, or even Muslim in any sense. Though even if I was, that doesn't make the facts any less true; nor does it make your posts an "argument".
>>
>>1508875
Not really... From what I've heard and seen, he isn't as smart as people act like he is.
>>
>>1511079
A solid argument.
>>
>>1508875
Yes
>>
File: 1456595608512.jpg (12KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1456595608512.jpg
12KB, 306x306px
>>1508875
He got BTFO by WLC and is the worst of the 'four horsemen'

Dawkins > Dennet >>>> Harris >>>>>Hitchens
>>
>>1508875
Never heard an original argument from him, so I wouldn't exactly call him an intellectual.

Will admit, though, he does have speak and write with style.

Overall, pretty eh
>>
>>1510879

I completely disagree with his moral degenerency stance, but....eh, in a way he is correct about Britian being forced to give up its Empire, considering that was a big "no-no" with the USSR at the time, and considering how much of a powerhouse Germany is in the EU, I'd say he is right most of the time.
>>
>>1510914
Really, this is what pro-Ba'ath morons don't get. Iraq would have just ended up like Syria eventually. What kind of stability is that where you keep a state of emergency 24/7, routinely gas and starve your population and have to call on Russia to raze your own cities? And despite all this the war just keeps dragging on.

>b-but the rebels are supported by Syria's rivals
That just means Bashar's regime is too weak to chase away the vultures who came to peck at the corpse.
>>
>>1511124
allow me to derail the thread:

i recently saw this video with them just talking about stuff and i found it really comfy and interesting. is there something similar out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLYL1Q9x9g
>>
>>1511124
Actually putting Dawkins on your list. Come back when you stop being an edgy 13 year old
>>
>>1508875
He appealed to emotion way too much.
>>
>>1510798
hahahahahahaha

wait are you fucking serious?

how lazy are you ?
>>
>>1510806
W did nothing wrong.

While I disagree with him, I respect his conviction; he believed that so strongly he applied for American citizenship to put a stop to all the libs saying that he was a foreigner with no grounds defending an American president
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.