[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I make a good purchase, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Did I make a good purchase, /his/?
>>
That depends.
What is a good purchase? Which characteristics make a purchase good or bad?
>>
File: rawr.jpg (52KB, 376x332px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.jpg
52KB, 376x332px
>>1503629
There's no such thing as ethical consumption under Capitalism.
>>
what is "purchase" truly?
>>
>>1503629
Should have bought Storm of Steel instead desu.
>>
To be able to adequately judge a "purchase" one would at least need to know at least 2 things:
1. The resources employed for the purchase
2. The reported utility of possessing (not necessarily reading) the book

1 makes it possible to determine if the purchase makes the best (or at least a "good") use of your finite resources (time, money). If you paid X but you could have gotten the same brand new book for X - 20 then it's not an optimal purchase.

Knowing 1 also makes it possible to compare your purchase with other equally priced sets of goods, that is the cost of opportunity of your purchase. By comparing 2 with the theoretical utility yielded by those other equally priced sets of goods you can find out the subjective cost-benefit of your purchase. If you only had X available and you could either purchase the book or a video game, it's only optimal to purchase the item that'd yield a higher utility.

What I think you truly mean to ask is "Did I make a good acquisition?"
>>
>>1504085
I'm thinking about buying that book. Should I buy it and what can I expect from it?
>>
>>1504130
Yes, you should buy it. Expect a better war memoir that can't be easily summed up with "ABLOO BLOO WAR IS BAD"
>>
>>1503629
>babby's first war book

Narration isn't so good, but that book has a great message. Modern wars aren't fought by peoples anymore but by governments. Young men are sent to die in these orchestrated wars, and are taught to hate people they've never even met.

The book can be normie, minus the crater scene.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.