[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is nature a being?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: gaia.jpg (401KB, 641x720px) Image search: [Google]
gaia.jpg
401KB, 641x720px
Does the earth have a spirit, and/or does it have nature spirits?

What do you think, is there an 'earth mother'?
>>
File: The Lovers I.jpg (72KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
The Lovers I.jpg
72KB, 600x445px
>>1499305
Sure, why not.
>>
Nature is a process.
>>
I want to fuck mother nature
>>
Yeah, and they both go "wub wub wub wub"
>>
File: Ruwenpflanzen.jpg (1MB, 1500x888px) Image search: [Google]
Ruwenpflanzen.jpg
1MB, 1500x888px
>>1499305
I mean it does fit every characteristic of life

>regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, sweating to reduce temperature
check
>being structurally composed of one or more cells — the basic units of life
check (organisms=cells on this scale)
>transformation of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.
check
>maintenance of a higher rate of anabolism than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter.
check, its cells (organisms) are always growing
>the ability to change over time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity, diet, and external factors.
check, has stabilized over time in response to natural disasters and asteroid strikes
>a response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of multicellular organisms. A response is often expressed by motion; for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism), and chemotaxis.
check, has changed dramatically in response to external and internal factors greatly in order to achieve equilibrium
>the ability to produce new individual organisms, either asexually from a single parent organism, or sexually from two parent organisms.
check, does this literally billions/trillions of times a day

So to answer your question: Definitely
>>
>>1499532
Like if your ears haven't popped then they pop over and over again
>>
>>1499425
>You wouldn't fuck your mother
>>
>>1499877
>You wouldn't steal an arrow
>>
>>1499926
>>1499999
>>1500000
>>
>>1499564
I think the last one means other organisms on its own scale, not 'cell growth' as you will.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.