[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sehnsucht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Sehnsucht is difficult to translate adequately and describes a deep emotional state. It is sometimes felt as a longing for a far-off country, but not a particular earthly land which we can identify. Furthermore, there is something in the experience which suggests this far-off country is very familiar and indicative of what we might otherwise call "home". In this sense it is a type of nostalgia, in the original sense of that word.

>C.S. Lewis described Sehnsucht as the "an unnameable something, the desire for which pierces us like a rapier at the smell of bonfire, the sound of wild ducks flying overhead, the title of The Well at the World's End, the opening lines of "Kubla Khan", the morning cobwebs in late summer, or the noise of falling waves."

If you're reading /his/ and are interested in history you too likely feel nostalgia for places or times that you never knew or experienced. What triggers it in you?
>>
>>1496104

Sauce of webm; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUeo5sagkA

Candid shots of people in old dress does it for me.
>>
fascination with the condition of primordial man in the state of nature - savageness and beauty everwhere, death always a moment away, life-force so strong and visceral
>>
>>1496104
difficult to translate my ass

-aboo
>>
>>1496104
>What triggers it in you?
Autumn weather and/or mountains, especially aspens and meadows. I've always loved autumn and grew up at the foot of a mountain so there's the normal nostalgia but something about the way it all comes together makes the experience transcendent. My mind immediately wanders off to a mental image of a Scottish mountainside overlooking a valley strewn with ancient barrows as the dead grass on the hills is whipped by a bitter, snow-flecked December wind. I've never been to Scotland, but ever since these visions started I've felt compelled to go there.
>>
>>1496171

Well it's german.
>>
>>1496131

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKikKTCVPJY
>>
>>1496104
>the opening lines of Kubla Khan
What the fuck, I've been haunted by this poem since I was a kid! Is this a well-documented phenomenon?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.