[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was LBJ so racist and very much a southern denocrat as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Why was LBJ so racist and very much a southern denocrat as a senator in the 1950s but then all of a sudden the biggest supporter of civil rights when he was president?
>>
Sitting in the chair and shouldering responsibility for every American can change a man. As a senator you only have to represent a small tribalistic constituency fighting against others.
>>
>>1496045
To avoid another Radical Reconstruction to paraphrase the man himself. Whether he actually believes it, who knows, but it's what he told people that were close to him.

>>1496053
This guy is a fucking idiot too.
>>
>>1496045
The CIA told him that he could be president if he helped them kill Kennedy and did as he was told.
>>
>"I'll have those niggers voting democrat for two hundred years"
>>
>>1496379

He was right too. As much of a piece of shit he was as a person, he was a brilliant politician.
>>
>>1496045
LBJ was a black guy passing for white
>>
>>1496045
He wasn't racist, just coarse
>>
>>1496441
my bad i thought you were talking about Hoover for a sec
>>
>>1496045
You can say nigger without believing human rights should he withheld from black people

>>1496384
>Johnson
>Piece of shit

How the fuck?
>>
File: hoover205.jpg (57KB, 205x260px) Image search: [Google]
hoover205.jpg
57KB, 205x260px
>>1496447
Herbert was rumored to be mixed race but there's no reason to believe them

J. Edgar on the other hand....
>>
>>1496045
>Kennedy does nothing to advance black civil rights
>Nixon actively works against the civil rights movement
>Somehow despite all his work and legislation, LBJ's the true racist because he said "nigger" a few time
>>
>>1496463
>almost solely responsible for Affirmative Action and other civil rights bills that passed in the 1970's
>actively worked against
You should recheck your facts there, retardo.
>>
>>1496045
LBJ is a ruthless thug and apolitical as far as to ascertain how to obtain power.
>>
>>1498219
Why do you think so?
>>
>>1496453
>human rights
>patronizing certain businesses is a human right
>>
>>1496379
>things he never actually said

>>1499431
Wow, you almost make Jim Crow sound palatable. Keep it up and maybe you'll get black people to vote GOP.
>>
>>1496045
He wanted to avoid a second Reconstruction.
>>
File: sour_black_man.jpg (417KB, 2000x1000px)
sour_black_man.jpg
417KB, 2000x1000px
>it's a stealth "welfare plantations" thread
>>
>>1496045
He was more concerned with continuing with what JFK had begun in office (being a president by succession) than partisan politics. Kennedy pushed for Civil Rights and Johnson made it his job continue pushing.
>>
>>1499431
>it wasn't so bad you dumb nigger, don't complain
>but interracial couples on TV is literally genocide
>>
>You will never have balls as large as LBJ
https://youtu.be/KsrxzHLo6Eg
>>
>>1496045
LBJ was politician and it is really hard sometimes to know what he truly believed because he was playing the game
>>
>>1496463
He said them when he was speaking with Southerners as a way to say see I'm just like you. He was Texan but being a politician and all they probably though he wasn't "real".
>>
>>1499897
>implying
He outright says that the reason it's tight in the crotch is because he got fat, not because of his balls.
>>
>>1496045
Because he may have been a raciest but he knew what was the right thing to do. He recognized his position is really a civil servant to the american people, so not matter how much he hated certain people he knew he had to do the right thing no matter how much he hated to do it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.