[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History lesson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 3.jpg (2MB, 3885x2640px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2MB, 3885x2640px
I'm new to history cause High school only taught a few wars but it never taught me any roman history or Greek Who did the Romans fight what were the lives of civilians and the higher ups Etc.
>>
They clearly didn't teach grammar either.
>>
>>1486351
The Roman Empire: A very short introduction

Concise at just @170 pages.
>>
>>1486354
Stoned and tired from work with insomnia i can't be fucked to type correctly
>>
>>1486351
Whilst Roman history isn't my strong suit I do know a bit more than the average Joe concerning the topic.

The Roman Empire wasn't always an Empire, in fact, it began as a city state in the Italian Peninsula along with the other dozen or so city states who neighborhed the soon-to-be Empire. In there early days they started off conquering their neighbors in Italy, the most famous of whom were the Etruscans. The Etruscans were probably the second most famous and influential of the Italian city states only to Rome itself so I assume you've already heard of them from somewhere, even in passing.
>>
>>1486486
After they conquered most of Italy they turned their sights on their biggest rival in the Mediterranean: Carthage. Carthage was similar to Rome in many ways, it was a very advanced Republic based in the Mediterranean and has been very influential in the course of History. Rome fought three wars with the Carthaginians which would be known as the Punic Wars, the first being a long conflict that would end in Roman victory. The first Punic War is usually glossed over even though it's a fairly interesting event but I know know enough about it to go into detail. The second, and the most famous, Punic War set the stage for Rome to become the great Republic and eventual Empire it was meant to be. Make no mistake, it was very possible that a Roman loss in this war would've meant that Carthage would be the premier western power and forerunner to nations like Italy, Spain, France, England, and more. I can't stress the importance of this war enough. You probably know a lot about it, Hannibal fucks Rome for years until Scipio Africanus comes and kicks his ass. Carthage is crushed after this war as they lose their European holdings, their army, Navy, and allies. These lands are all given to Rome who also received lands from the Greeks who had allied themselves to Carthage. The third Punic war I don't know much about but basically Rome stomps Carthage and takes the rest of their land.
>>
>>1486488
Extra Credits has a decent series about the Punic Wars that you should check out if you're interested.

For a long time after the Punic wars Rome fights off and conquers the barbarians in the north. People like Gaius Marius and Julius Caesar gain their fame from crushing barbarian armies and conquering their land which leads to successful political careers. Other generals turn their sights to Africa and Arabia and conquer lands there from Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Jews, and whomever had lives there.
After the rise of the Empire from the Republic, Rome spends a lot of its time fighting itself in dozens, if not hundreds, of civil wars which lead to the end of the Pax Romana, the split of the Empire, and the fall of the West.

Unfortunately, as previously stated, Rome isn't my forte but I hope I helped
>>
There was also Phyruss, the second Alexander who the greeks employed to look after their assets in southern italy and sicily,he dfeated the romans many times, but they were like ancient Red army and kept on attacking until Phyruss retired undefeated.
>>
Rome wasn't really that immaculate like pic related, was it?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.