[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the proper name for this region?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: A Place South of China.jpg (88KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
A Place South of China.jpg
88KB, 750x750px
What is the proper name for this region?
>>
Indochina
>>
Mr. Nixon's Neighborhood
>>
>>1485836
Chinkland
>>
>>1485839
Classic definitions do not consider Thailand and Myanmar as being Indochinese.
>>
>>1485836
Southeast Asia minus the East Indies
>>
Mainland southeast Asia
>>
Why is the Malay peninsula cut off? Because Malaysia is Muslim?
>>
File: indochina.png (104KB, 284x482px) Image search: [Google]
indochina.png
104KB, 284x482px
>>
No chinks attached
>>
>>1486035
>named for your 2 neighbors
no, there must be a better name
>>
>>1485836
formal: mainland southeast asia (as opposed to insular sea)

informal: indochina
>>
>>1486077
all of SEA is historically a mix of chinese and indian influence, add some arab influence in case of the island SEA
>>
>>1485836
Vietnam --> South East Asia
Everything else --> Indochina / South Asia
>>
>>1486155
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Indochina_War

they called vietnam french indochina
>>
this_smell_like_shit.png
>>
>>1485836
The South Pacific RIce Dong
>>
>>1485836
Sinoindia
Muddier Korea
Ho Chi Minh Trail pt. 2

I've heard several
>>
Mainland Mud-Asia
>>
>>1485836
Southeast Asia is literally a Japanese invention.
>>
>>1485836
indo-china
>>
>>1485998
This
>>
>>1485882

To avoid confusion with the French colony of Indochina which didn't include Myamar and Thailand.

But now that the colony doesnt exist anymore i see no reason to not call it Indochina.

Myamar is just as close to India and China as Vietnam after all
>>
>>1485836
Jungle Asia?
>>
>>1486172
He meant in a sense that Vietnam doesn't have Indian Influence except for leftovers from the Champa civilization
>>
>>1485836
Jungle shithole
>>
Shitholistan
>>
>>1487577
>French colony of Indochina which didn't include Myamar and Thailand.
To be fair that one is properly called "French Indochina". As with British India, French Africa etc it denotes that it's only the French portion of a larger region.
>>
>>1485836
jungle china
>>
>>1486077
Indo -> Indus -> Sindhu

China ->Cina

Basically a combination of Sino and Hindu cultures, I think it's pretty apt. Also India and China are the real names of those neighboring countries.
>>
>>1485836
Mandalasia
>>
northern malaysia
>>
Southern China
>>
>>1485836
Indo-Chinese historical territory
>>
>>1487744
>Bharat
>Zhongguo
Zhongrat?
Bharatzhong?
>>
>>1485998
This is the correct name, but I prefer Indochina because "Mainland Southeast Asia" is just too annoying to say, plus I never liked the idea of Southeast Asia being a thing.
>>
>>1485836
it looks a little bit like a tongueless xenomorph
>>
>>1488077
""Maritime Southeast Asia"" was supposed to be called Indonesia or Malaysia too, but they used up the name for the countries.
Actually it's a lot like (Greater) India vs "India"

The biogeographical region is still called Malesia.
>>
>>1489604
You can still use Nusantara to refer to both Indonesia and Malaysia, though I don't think it includes the Philippines.
>>
>>1485836
>>
>>1491555
i meant to reply to this;
>>1485839
>>
>>1485836
What we our land from Ancient times is "Suvarnabhumi". It means the land of gold in Sanskrit

White people probably can't pronounce it though :/
>>
>>1489794
Historically Phillipines was part of the Malay world. They just started acting like they were Mexicans 400 years ago
>>
Vietnam belongs to east asia

The islands are their own world

Mainland SEA is close to india, but distinct
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.