[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conquisadors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: LastDaysofTenochtitlanB.jpg (2MB, 2770x1574px) Image search: [Google]
LastDaysofTenochtitlanB.jpg
2MB, 2770x1574px
Could we get a 'fuck those guys' thread going on?

Because, sure, the Aztecs were brutal. But all that destroyed history.

And the Incas, a civilization far more interesting that Spain ever would be. Its like we lost a China so that Romania could have an empire.
>>
File: 1404184509625.jpg (409KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404184509625.jpg
409KB, 1280x720px
I play a few shows in Mexico City every year and I can't tell you how bad it feels to stand on top of the Pyramid of the Sun and think about all the shit that was destroyed. Worst part is they built a fucking Wal Mart at Teotihuacan, trashed a ton of newly discovered artifacts, and fired the workers who reported it.

Fucking Spaniards. Fucking Mexicans.

Spoiler alert: I'm Mexican.
>>
>>1485623
That's a terrible metaphor, Romania would and could never stand a chance against China. In this case Spanish had much better artillery, armor and ships, so their civilization was militarily superior to say the least.

I do agree with you though about the destruction, religious zealots are cancer.
>>
They left messed societies
>>
>>1485640
I don't think that the conquistadors were religious zealots on the same level as crusaders for example. What the conquistadors did to pre-Columbian cultures is essentially the same as what the Romans did to Celts and multiple other civilizations. It was simply another, more advanced civilization subduing and eventually destroying a more primitive civilization. Even then they didn't outright destroy the previous civilizations like Hitler would've done to the Slavs. Elements of native Mesoamerican culture still survive.

Also
>1500's
>Not having iron tools
>>
>>1485623
You realize that the Aztecs were brutally oppressive? They engaged in the massacre of innicent people around them. Cortez's army was almost entirely made up of indigienous people who joined him to fight the Aztecs. The Spanish were much less brutal or oppressive than the previous rulers.
>>
>>1485776
You're right but IMO the Aztec aesthetic was much cooler than the Spanish one so I'm on their side.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 250x250px
t. Indio scum
>>
File: 1458631396940.png (296KB, 749x718px) Image search: [Google]
1458631396940.png
296KB, 749x718px
>>1485623
>>1485639

and they only did it with 500 men
>>
>>1485623
>incas more interesting than Spain
Everything's relative pal
>>
>>1485859
>Thinking Spain is more interesting than the Incas.

I bet you think Star wars episode 1 is the best star wars film too.
>>
File: 1467447731768.png (623KB, 609x609px) Image search: [Google]
1467447731768.png
623KB, 609x609px
indios btfo
>>
File: charles v.jpg (469KB, 1056x674px) Image search: [Google]
charles v.jpg
469KB, 1056x674px
>>1485934
Nigerian, you don't know what all Spain was at one point.

>>1485959
Haz Tejas, California, Arizona, y Nuevo Mexico "Primero Imperio Mexicano" de nuevo.
>>
>>1485934
I'm saying it's interesting to you because the incas are an extinct exotic culture you know nothing about to you and Spain is "just another euro country", you fucking idiot.
>>
>>1485967
>Charles the 5th

Oh man, a guy so powerful the various agents under his control like Cortez ignored his orders often.
>>
>>1485973
Kinda, but France > Spain, if we were just comparing Euros in regards to culture, philosophy and art. Incans had a lot of different things than the euros

Spain had the empire/military, but played 2nd (if not 3rd) fiddle in pretty much every other regard. And then less after that Armada sunk.

In modern times, they are at least more relevant than Portugal, who is at 'literally who?' level when compared to Brazil.
>>
>>1485788
>You're right but IMO the Aztec aesthetic was much cooler than the Spanish one so I'm on their side.
It's amazing the wacky shit you can find on this website.
>>
>>1485959
I'd make her Spain. I'd make her Spain every time she needed some Spain.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.