[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1466551259004.jpg (1MB, 1500x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1466551259004.jpg
1MB, 1500x1324px
It isn't - contrary to popular opinion - about having nice buildings and less uneducated people

Civilization means one simple thing : taking away the original biological reason for an action and replacing it with a cultural one

Sex goes from procreation to fun
Eating goes from surviving to indulgence
Forming a society goes from a need for protection to social prestige

These things mean civilization.
The more "original" a culture is, the more it still operates on biological imperatives, the less civilized it is.
Opinions?
>>
File: 1426977541097.jpg (161KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1426977541097.jpg
161KB, 960x640px
FUCK nature
>>
A dildo is literally the most "civilized" thing in existence
It is the original sexual organ, once used for procreation, turned into an object of entertainment and a product
fully de-biologized
>>
>>1484951
Civilization means your society (at least in part) lives in cities. No more and no less
>>
>>1484982
hm good point
>>
>>1484951
Nigga, you don't need civilization for fucking and eating to be pleasurable.
>>
>>1484951
>biological reason
K I L L Y O U R S E L F

I

L

L

Y

O

U

R

S

E

L

F
>>
>sex goes from procreation to fun
What? People start waking up with boners and feeling horny only when they have a roof over their head?
>>
>>1485062
No, but the consequence for engaging in that hedonism becomes greatly reduced with the advent of a social safety net for unwanted kids and contraception.

In the past women had to be careful with who they fucked or else the child might not survive if they did not have a responsible father.

The "Chad" archetype dominates today because of this, whereas in the past, while women might be inclined towards a physically attractive male, they often valued more the man who would take the time to father the child and would have the wisdom and intelligence to guide them towards a higher excellence.
>>
In addition.

Intelligence, wisdom, and courage are valued more in a stressful environment than a stable one.

The raw physical advantage flourishes more in the comfortable sheltered environment because it is more superficially symbolic and does not have to worry about being outsmarted and dying as a result.
>>
>>1484951
I disagree. What you've described seems to me more like the *decline* of a culture, where it looses sight of the purposes of daily actions.

Declining birthrate, rising acceptance of obesity, celebrity obsession, these are not signs of civilization but of decay.
>>
File: 1454319780071.jpg (547KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1454319780071.jpg
547KB, 1600x1066px
>>1484951
I guess you're confusing culture and civilization.
You described culture, and culture is both creator and fruit of civilizations.
>>
>>1486918

This. Some island tribe may be prosperous enough to do these things, but they do not form a civilization.
>>
>>1484951

Wasn't there some quote which said that the more evolved a civilization is, the more killing occurs in more sophisticated ways?

Killing a large number of people and civilization is one and the same thing

That's why Nazi Germany was the most evolved civilization on earth
>>
>>1484951
I actually agree, but I'd say it's all based on a collective inferiority complex. Majority of people don't realise humans are animals and basically replacing the biological reasons for cultural reasons is compensation for the above mentioned complex.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.