[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Prophets Sunnis, or Shiites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1469735005.jpg (208KB, 2208x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1469735005.jpg
208KB, 2208x1310px
Were the Prophets Sunnis, or Shiites?
>>
>>1482108
What memery is this? Sunni and Shia schism occurred after Muhammad's death
>>
It's like asking if the apostles were catholic or orthodox
>>
>>1482117
They would have to be one or the other, since the schism was on doctrinal grounds.
>>
the prophet would most likely advocate for abu bakar instead of ali if for some reason he stepped down as the leader, so sunnis i guess
>>
>>1482114
No.

>>1482117
The Apostolic churches were neither Roman Catholic nor Eastern Orthodox, as none of them had yet chosen to define themselves with regard to questions which had not yet been taken up by these churches. They certainly held to a catholic, orthodox doctrine of God, but as of yet there had been no need to more clearly define doctrines which these churches did centuries later. No one was using the language of the Nicene Creed back then, not just because it wasn't defined yet but because no one really needed to. For the same reason, you would not have seen a lot of specifically Protestant formulations in the Apostolic Churches, not because the substance wasn't necessarily there, but because no one was really asking the same questions, at least en masse, as they were in the 16th century.
>>
>>1482351
Sorry, that "No" was meant for the OP.
>>
>>1482351
Peter either did or didn't have the position to be infallible and has authority over all other bishops.

They either did or didn't believe Jesus was the creator of heaven and earth.

All you're doing is obfuscating, doctrine wasn't "refined". Terms were just introduced to stop liars from changing things
>>
>>1482117
Schrondingers apostle, they were both Catholic and orthodox as both churches claim unbroken descent
Even when the Catholics literally are from the original church and the orthodox broke off when they thought the Catholics went to far and reverted tradition by a few hundred years
>>
>>1482351
I think that's the point he was making.
>>
>>1482394
You're kind of an idiot, aren't you.

The point is that some questions simply weren't asked, and when they were, splits happened. This is incontrovertible history.

>Peter either did or didn't have the position to be infallible and has authority over all other bishops.
Not even the Catholics believe that this was a relevant question in the Apostolic era.

>They either did or didn't believe Jesus was the creator of heaven and earth.
Every orthodox Christian believes this. Period. This is not a point of difference between Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant.
>>
>>1482442
Sorry man, >>1482351 was meant to be a response to >>1482149

My shit's all fucked up today. I need a drink.
>>
>>1482108
>the Prophets Sunnis, or Shiites?

Only the False prophet Mehmet was a muslim.

Others were Yahwists.
>>
Neither. They were Chrstians.
>>
>>1482916
Actually were Joos
>>
>>1482929
Jews don't accept Christ as their messiah. Muslims do.

Therefore they are not Jews. They were Christians.
>>
>>1482968
Christians accept Jewish Moses as their messiah, Muslims accept Christian Jesus as their messiah, so by an extent Muslims are Jews.
>>
Moses was actually a Shintoist.
>>
>>1482968
>>1482985
prophet =! messiah

Jews do not think Jesus was a prophet
The concept of a "messiah", literally an anointed one, is a Jewish convention. Christians are jew-offshoots who believe Christ is the final prophet, the son of God, and the Messiah, concluding Judaism. Jews do not believe this, do not think there will be a Revelation-style Second Coming are still waiting for Elijah.
Muslims do believe Jesus was a prophet (and an important one), believe he will return in the Day of Judgement, but despite of this do not believe he is/was the son of God.
>>
>>1483004
>but despite of this do not believe he is/was the son of God.
This makes me think that Muslims are saner than Christians
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.