[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>le ebin religion invented morals may-may When will the meme die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Religious people aren't moral.png (25KB, 515x321px) Image search: [Google]
Religious people aren't moral.png
25KB, 515x321px
>le ebin religion invented morals may-may

When will the meme die?
>>
File: arand.png (24KB, 298x391px) Image search: [Google]
arand.png
24KB, 298x391px
>altruism = moral
don't forget to drop this spook as well
>>
altruism is a meme word, whenever somebody says altruism it's probably bullshit (what they're saying)
>>
>>1481896
Depends on how you define religion, really.
>>
>>1481896
It's basically true, and I say that as someone nonreligious. When you're talking about something that spans THE ENTIRE SCOPE OF HUMAN HISTORY, the outcome of a tiny handful of American brats being studied by some guy in the particular unique cultural context of the present day United States (and most likely of white, middle-classers in the present day United States who happened to live kind of close to Chicago), means about as close to nothing as you could possibly get. Most psychology experiments are just wastes of money to produce bodies of selective data useful to various people pushing one ideological agenda or another (which the researchers themselves often fully expect to "conclude" in advance), and this one would appear to be no exception. It takes just a moment's thought to realize that these "findings" carry no important implications whatsoever.

Even if it could be shown that religious people generally are assholes, it would not let this "meme" die, since most moral systems and values themselves historically derive from religious belief, and this would remain true even if not one nominal adherent to any surviving religion actually lived by their own principles.
>>
>>1481896
Since religion is created by man, aren't religious values and morals derived from man originally?
>>
>>1481896
If we started with religion, maybe religion started the morals? Or did the morals start and shape the religious belief? The latter makes more sense really.

I mean consider that alcohol is taboo in Islam.
>>
>>1481896
>dat pic

This is why it's stupid to treat "religious" as one uniform class because not all religions are the same.

>Wow Jewish people aren't likely to share! Who'd a thunk?!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.