[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Christians Appreciate the Irony of History?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: brassens11.jpg (19KB, 436x327px) Image search: [Google]
brassens11.jpg
19KB, 436x327px
I wonder if during one of the many persecutions the Christians carried out against varied groups - pagans, "heretics" (Paulicians, Cathars, Bogomils, Waldensians, etc.), other denominations, or 'undesirables' -, they ever appreciated the ironic fact that they literally treated their victims in the exact same way Jesus was supposedly treated by the Romans.

Forcing them into sham trials, humiliating and insulting them, leading them to a place of torture and/or execution, and celebrating over their deaths.
>>
>>1481586
What an awful thread.
>>
really good thread
>>
>>1481643
>>1481647
t.Christian "apologists"
>>
The real irony is that in the last days of the Roman Empire the intelligentsia no longer believed in the official religion, while plebs and demagogues adopted a foreign religion in Christianity, and today the European intelligentsia no longer believes in Christianity and there is an alliance between the underclass of muslim migrants and leftist demagogues promoting multiculturalism.

Tl;dr Christianity = Islam
>>
>>1481685
I hope no one ever forgets that the people of the Roman Empire did not "convert" to Christianity: rather, it just happened that a few people in power or with influence adopted the religion and forced it on everyone below them.

Very unlike the myth that Christians paint, that their religion was welcomed and well-received for their acts.
>>
>>1481685
The European intelligentsia already converted to liberalism decades, possibly centuries, ago.
>>
>>1483102
Most intellectuals and higher-ups in society tend to ignore religious observances and disregard superstitions, what's new?
>>
>>1482966
There was already a considerable Christian presence in Rome hundreds of years before Constantine; Paul himself was martyred there. You make it sound like everyone was pagan until Constantine flipped a switch and then suddenly everyone was Christian when in reality Rome's conversion was the product of centuries of evangelism.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.