[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psychoanalysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tfw.jpg (65KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
65KB, 540x960px
Is psychoanalysis a meme?
Or is it just another step in understanding the inner workings of the human mind?
>>
>>1478101
it was psychology's first step to becoming a true modelistic science, in the beginning at least. after the main focus became therapy this changed. then behaviorism came along and made psychology into the pseudoscience it is today, a misstep from which it has only slowly been recovering since the 1990s.
>>
>>1478101
The entire field of psychology is a pseudoscience. When they're right it's by complete accident and they have no cohesive or usable predictive model. Neurology is the chemistry to psychology's alchemy.
>>
>>1478192
>Neurology is the chemistry to psychology's alchemy
except neurology doesn't say anything of interest about the psyche, only about brain mechanisms. trying to bridge the gap and ascribing certain functions of the brain to badly outlined, commonsensical "psychological" states it becomes just as much a pseudoscience as contemporary mainstream psychology for the exact same reasons: trying to mimic the "scientific method" but failing miserably at matching it to the object of study.
>>
>>1478210
>I don't know what a neurotransmitter is
>>
>>1478101

Psychoanalysis is purely PRACTICAL

Freud himself stated vehemently his theories were purely for practical therapeutical purposes and that they shouldnt be taken as philosophical statements.

This is VERY important to understand to see how everything went to shit from Freud.

Freud was not a freudian, just like Plato was not platonic or Marx a marxist.
>>
>>1478177
But behaviorism is objectively observable.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.