[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historically inaccurate facts they teach at schools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 20

File: blucher-before-waterloo.jpg (75KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
blucher-before-waterloo.jpg
75KB, 640x363px
>the English won at Waterloo
>it was actually the Prussians
>>
>Columbus discovered America
>>
>everything about the egyptians
>everything about the romans
>everything about the chinese
>world war 2 was won on the western front
>>
>America won 1812
>America won world war 1
>America won world war 2
>America won vietnam
>America won gulf war
>>
>>1476763
the anglos held back the french long enough for the prussians to arrive

>>1476783
better than the vikings desu at least he showed to the whites that theres a fucking continent on the west
>>
Mostly retarded national history. Like every king we had loved our country and was perfect in every way and our country was perfect itself and we were just betrayed by everyone and the kings during whose reign something bad happened were actually really bad kings who didn't care about the country etc. etc.
>>
>>1476800
>at least he showed to the whites that theres a fucking continent on the west
Not really. Columbus always thought he was in East India. Also, he only sailed in the Caribbeans and never reached the mainland.
>>
>>1476800
>vikings discovered America

It was Asians who actually discovered (and colonized) America. Vikings didn't even have 1 (one) permanent outpost in the new continent.
>>
You people went to some shit schools.
>>
>>1476800
not OP here, but Waterloo was a huge mess and eventhough anglo culture made it sound like it was a british victory, in reality it's probably everyone (even the French) but England's victory. Because between the royalists that defect and give Napo's plans to Wellignton, half of the French army that was slacking, the Belgians who account for the most dead soldiers in the allied army and the Prussians that saved the day, everyone was fighting Napoleon. Except the Brits, who were looking from afar as usual.
>>
>>1476902
>it's probably everyone (even the French) but England's victory
w e w
e
w
>>
>>1476799
if by win you mean defeating the opponents no

if by win you mean profit the most then definitely
>>
Pearl harbor was a complete surprise
>>
>>1476763
>the pilgrims got along with the natives in the Americas
>>
>>1476846
It was actually discovered by proto Europeans aroumd 25,000BCE, and we have arrowheads to prove it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/new-evidence-suggests-stone-age-hunters-from-europe-discovered-america-7447152.html
>>
it was actually the irish
>>
Charge of the light brigade cavalry in the Crimean War was a heroic and noble deed, worthy of respect and our memory.

In reality it was a colossal fuckup, caused by bad chain of command, which sacrificed seasoned troops and gained nothing.
>>
>>1476849
>You people went to some shit schools.

Probably just that the people posting in this thread are in the age group that's not too far removed from primary education but have enough secondary knowledge to look back on it and criticize. Basically the same group those "lies your teacher told you" books are marketed toward.

We all go through it. Just the "a little bit of knowledge can be a terrible thing" stage.
>>
>>1476763
>Hitler was a bad guy
>>
>>1476763
The Germans were the aggressors in world war 1.
>>
>>1477100
They invaded Belgium, which is the start of the "world war" stage of the war. Before that it was Austria bullying Serbia, while the big players armed themselves just in case.
>>
>>1477104
Russia and France were in it before the Brits, and I would say Russia and France slugging it out with Austro-Hungaria and the German Empire constitutes a world war.
>>
>>1477029

> muh Solutreans

Go back home, /pol/. That shit's been debunked for years. Convergent evolution works with technology as well.
>>
The Treaty of Versailles was the main/ pretty much only reason for World War 2.
>>
>>1477073
At least i was talking about my primary school experience, yes, it was more or less okay in favor of simplifying at high school and uni

But i hate how at primary school, the teachers make a black and white cartoon fairy tale with bad and good guys
>>
>>1477136
It wasn't?
>>
>>1477151
It wasn't. The reparations were cancelled before Hitler took over. The country dealt with the hyperinflation in the twenties and experienced stability and growth. The military limitations were broken with no response from the allies, the same with the reoccupation of the Rhineland. The Great Depression was a much more potent factor in the outbreak of the war. Furthermore look at the ideological basis for the war on part of Germany - it was conceived as a campaign of eastward expansion. Hitler & co. were not actively looking for a fight with the chief powers behind the Treaty, France and Britain. Not in the same way they had been wanting to turn their attention east, that is.
>>
>>1477165
>The Great Depression was a much more potent factor in the outbreak of the war.
* in the rise of nazism, to be precise.

Just look at the years when the Treaty would have been in full swing, when at least some reparations were being paid, when the French occupied the Ruhr, when hyperinflation was at its worst. Where are the war hawks? Where are the nazis? Where is the "WW2 is definitely coming and it's literally caused by this guise" factor? Nowhere, that's where.
>>
File: 1405732298751.jpg (134KB, 444x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1405732298751.jpg
134KB, 444x1430px
>>1476763
We're lucky to learn about Waterloo or even Napoleon for that matter here in Burgerland
>>
>The assassination of Franz Ferdinand was the cause of WWI
>>
>>1476800
>at least he showed to the whites that theres a fucking continent on the west
so did vikings. norwegian kings were fully aware of vinland, they just didn't care that much about it.
>>
>>1476763
>the holocaust actually happened
>>
It was probably a good thing Blucher turned up late, rather than early. If he'd arrived earlier then Napoleon would have had enough fresh troops and cavalry to fight a rear guard action all the way into France which would have been much more costly
>>
>>1477266
Yep, this is my pick. We learn this in the Netherlands.
>>
>>1477372
Probably because you had to travel through 2 remote islands to get there.
>>
>>1477413
Yea it couldve been something else like I dunno, some dutch guy fucking a germans pig
>>
>>1476846
>It was Asians
Kill yourself, chink
>>
>>1476800
Actually the blacks were the first people to colonize and modernize America because they wuz conquistadors and sheit
>>
>>1477442
there just wasn't anything worth going. greenlanders visited it sometimes only because it was the closest place for them to get any timber.
>>
>>1477036
Wait, people actually teach that? I thought it was a symbol for military incompetence
>>
>>1476763
>Napoleon was a bloodthirsty tyrant, litteraly Hitler of the XIXth century, and the Coalition forces were the good guys.

French Catholic Private schools everyone, the History teachers just couldn't get over the fact someone could do a better job than the Bourbons. They actually entirely skipped Napoleon III and the Second Empire at the time, but that may have changed since then.
>>
Is "who discovered america?" The dumbest historical discussion you can have.
>Columbus discovered America
>Nuhu Vespucci discovered America
>Nuhu Vikings discovered America
>Nuhu the Chinese discovered America
>Nuhu Siberian tribes discovered America
>Nuhu ancient African kangs discovered America
>>
>>1477130
>The independent
>/pol/
>>
>>1477533
you forgot st. brendan
>>
You people learned Euro history?

Most of what I learned in high school was either Aboriginal history, early Australia ( snooze fest ) or the basic foundations of the feudal system.

I totally understand why the ANZACs were so overrated, literally nothing of interest happened on this island that didn't involve shooting aboriginals
>>
>gandhi fasted and forced the british to leave india
>>
>>1477546
I sure did. I think there are some madmen thinking the ancient Egyptians and the Polynesians might also have discovered it
>>
>>1477533
>No mention of the Israelis

Do you even Mormonism?
>>
>>1477511
That's pretty funny, I went to a public school and it was "Napoléon was absolutely perfect and did nothing wrong". We studied 2nd empire quite a bit but I remember the teacher putting an emphasis how Napoléon III wasn't really legitimate in his name and how he tarnished Napoléon I legacy.
>>
>>1477546
>>1477576
>>1477581
and solutreans. don't forget solutreans.
>>
>>1476799
We indisputably won 3 out of 5 of those. The other 2 were draws.
>>
>>1477590
Let's just say it's a tie between the proto-finnic holy Roman khanate and the vril
>>
I had an argument with a teacher that no one wore pants before the middle ages. She said I was wrong when I said they did and cited her history degree, her traveling, and that I failed my first history class (didn't do my homework). It really annoyed me and still does.

I was also told "discombobulated" wasn't a word and was made to look it up and for some reason it wasn't in that dictionary. I know it's a word.
>>
>>1476797
>I am 13 and edgy
>>
>>1477557
>>gandhi fasted and forced the british to leave india
He did help in a major way by uniting the people but the british would've left even if he wasn't there. The war weakened the British grip on India.
>>
>>1476802
Poland?
>>
>>1477698
>uniting the people.
not really. the cult of gandhi got insanely popular after he got shot and turned into a martyr.
His actions during the partition had alienated quite a few hindus of the middle class away from him.
>>
>>1476763
>nuclear bombs put an end to the WW2
>it was actually because soviets were going to take part on the war against Japan.
>>
>>1477759
>nuclear bombs were the most destructive force ever employed by mankind
>the firebombing of tokyo was actually much more destructive in terms of casualties and infrastructure
>>
>>1477653
The Vietnam war was not a draw at all.

America failed their goal of maintaining South Vietnam's independence and North Vietnam achieved their goal of uniting Vietnam. That's a decisive North Vietnamese victory.
>>
I'm gonna make it my goal to tell as many people as possible about Blucher.
>>
>America won the Vietnam War
>>
>>1477653
>vietnam
>draw
More with a total loss at top. Vietnam was a strategic loss. Tactical victory didn't bring home the victory, it didn't even bring home the draw. It was a total loss. None of the objectives were attained and went home with 60k deaths and tons of money spent for no reason.
>>
Not sure if they use this number at schools, but here in Argentina some people say that the military government killed 30000 people, which is not accurate.
>>
>>1477782
america literally drew out of the conflict which tells me that it wasn't americas goal anymore.
>>
>>1477854
south vietnam was successfully defended and was only defeated after america left the conflict.
>>
>>1477900
You had an objective, you failed to achieve it, and walked away.
The enemy had an objective, held until you left, then achieved its objective.
They won, you lost. I can't comprehend why its so hard for americans to handle this fact.
>>
>>1477900
lel
>>
>>1476763

>People are only born out of the mother's vagina.
>>
>>1477900

The pro-Soviet government in Afghanistan was successfully defended and was only defeated after the USSR left the conflict.

The Soviets won in Afghanistan.
>>
>>1476763
If it wasn't for Wellington holding on Blucher would never have had a chance. Blucher faced Napoleon 2 times in the past before waterloo head on and got btfo
>>
>>1476902
It was an allied victory, what is so hard to understand about that? The British couldn't have won without the Prussians and the Prussians couldn't have beaten Napoleon without the British. The entire Allied plan during the Hundred Days focused on mutual support, so to say that it was 'everyone but England's victory' is as absurd as saying it was a complete British victory from start to finish. If you had actually studied the battle then you would know that no one in the Allied Army was 'looking from afar', not least the British infantry who more often than not sustained the weight of French attacks. British battalions did not run (as did some of the Dutch, Belgian and Hanoverian elements), their squares did not break. The Allied line held long enough for the Prussians to arrive so they could both go on the offensive to push Napoleon from the field. Blame what you want; the royalists, the wet ground, Napoleon's piles, Grouchy wandering off, the fact remains that Napoleon was out fought by the allies and the credit for that victory goes to all nations who fielded soldiers that day.
>>
>>1476763
The prussians "won" because they were late. Wellington and the english weakened the french for hours. That so called "prussian victory" is actually them being late and getting pissed because they couldn't kill enough frogs.
>>
>>1477097
you know it's weird
when I was studying nazi germany my teacher would always show us the things about the country that improved under him, like infrastructure and employment
was pretty funny though when she would say things like "he had some good ideas", if it was america i'd bet that'd cost you a job these days
>>
>>1476799

>won 1812

Well the Brits fucked off and didn't re-assimilate us into the Empire so I'd call that a victory yeah

>won WWI

Yeah this is fair, we didn't join until the last minute and only because the germans found out we were supplying Britain with arms and ammo. Made a lot of money tho

>won WWII

Wasn't really our war to win; the Germans weren't in a position to attack us directly (even if they wanted to, which they didn't) and Japan realized very early on that attacking the US mainland would result in unacceptably high casualties/expense. At the most we would have lost Hawaii and some outlying naval bases. Can't deny we helped out tremendously on the western front tho

>won Vietnam

I've met maybe three people in my entire life who actually sincerely believe we won Vietnam. Nam was a shit show and while we may have whittled the NVA down to virtual nonexistence the war ended in a draw.

>won gulf war

>implying the gulf war wasn't simply the first conflict in a much larger operation that continues to this day
>>
>>1478093

If Hitler had died/resigned in maybe 1936 or thereabouts he would have been remembered as one of the greatest statesmen in German history.
>>
>Native Americans were totally peaceful and never fought or killed each other and lived in spiritually enlightened utopian societies in complete harmony with nature like the blue niggas in Avatar until the evil white man came along and literally destroyed everything and to this very day our roads are paved with a mixture of ground-up Native American bones and orphan tears
>>
>>1478105
Would he? By that point there isn't much that he really achieved. Assuming that no Hitler means no war, what would be his legacy? An economy that was propped up at first but then turned rather hollow with surface miracles like Mefo bills that wouldn't last and a remilitarization programme that couldn't be sustained, and perhaps the reoccupation of the Rhineland. Certainly something like a 'firm hand' that 'steadied the ship' with a couple of drawbacks, but not greatest statesmen territory for me.
>>
>>1477900
This I'm sick of this meme about the Vietnam War. Read the Paris Peace accords. The NVA was devastatingly defeated, especially after the Tet offensive. After Nixon resigned, Congress refused to honor the promise that they would provide military aid to South Vietnam. Ford begged Congress in an emergency meeting to send help and they literally walked out on him, not wanting to wreck their political careers jumping back in the war the media and academics had convinced the American people we lost. Fuck politicians. And fuck the rest of you for perpetuating this lie. The betrayal of South Vietnam is a tragedy and their blood is on the hands of people just like you
>>
>>1478128
>Vietnam War revisionist history

It's almost as bad as the Civil War shit.
>>
>>1478125

Even if the economic recovery wasn't as stellarly awesome as stormposters like to wax lyrical about, it was certainly a country mile above the abysmal inflation and rampant unemployment of the 1920s. And reoccupying the Rhineland meant Germany once again had access to loads of natural resources and could rebuild its industrial sector.

Hitler would have left the country stable, secure, and in a position to grow.
>>
>>1478128
>The NVA was devastatingly defeated, especially after the Tet offensive
Are you perhaps confusing the VC and the NVA.
>>
>>1477846

>tips coolie hat
>>
>>1478134
My mistake. Thanks
>>
File: remove bratwurst.jpg (67KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
remove bratwurst.jpg
67KB, 500x726px
>The Americans and Russians took over Berlin together
This one made my blood boil
>>
>>1478098
>Well the Brits fucked off and didn't re-assimilate us into the Empire so I'd call that a victory yeah
The US started the war
>>
File: nazigrrls.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
nazigrrls.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>1478132
>Hitler would have left the country stable, secure, and in a position to grow.

but instead he cowered in his bunker, sucking on the business end of a Walther, while tens of thousands of Nazi women and girls got gang raped by the invading armies

bravo Dolphie!
>>
>>1478144
>operation
got a bigger pic of them?
>>
>>1478128

This is the greatest irony of the pacifist/hippie movements of the 1960s. They effectively browbeat the US government into giving up on South Vietnam because "war is le bad XD" and in doing so they opened the floodgates for an ocean of misery to be visited upon and entire country.

I live in Burlington, Vermont, where people still worship Sanders like a saint for his anti-war efforts in the 60s and early 70s. It pisses me over the edge that most of these people aren't even dimly aware that Vietnam didn't magically stop existing once America left, and is still struggling to recover from the American military pullout.

Good job Bernie, you fucked an entire country to appease your delicate anti-war sensibilities.
>>
>>1478143

And finished it too :^)
>>
>>1478144

Yeah that's why I prefaced my whole spiel with "if he had died/resigned in 1936ish"
>>
>>1478132
>it was certainly a country mile above the abysmal inflation and rampant unemployment of the 1920s.
Ah but that is only telling half the story - after 1924 the Weimar government already oversaw end to the hyperinflation as well as economic growth and its unemployment figures in the pre depression years were even lower than in the Hitler years in question.

So Hitler leaving at that point would have indeed left the country steadied from the turmoil of the depression - but at the cost of unsustainable military spending that if memory serves already outstripped civilian public spending at that time.
>>
>>1478141

>that filename

[chuckles in Russian]
>>
>>1478139
Well in that case your argument gets weaker, seeing as VC was the southern Vietnamese guerrilla force and you still had the much larger, much better equipped and much more dangerous NVA to contend with. Devastatingly defeating the VC and calling it a day is not enough.
>>
>>1478139
>>1478163
Aw shit, sorry, I misread your post - I thought you were arguing for the "hur dur we wuz winnin" camp.
>>
>>1478159

>Ah but that is only telling half the story - after 1924 the Weimar government already oversaw end to the hyperinflation as well as economic growth and its unemployment figures in the pre depression years were even lower than in the Hitler years in question.

True they were trying to manage it, but a big part of Hitler's platform was that they were doing a terrible job of it.

>So Hitler leaving at that point would have indeed left the country steadied from the turmoil of the depression - but at the cost of unsustainable military spending that if memory serves already outstripped civilian public spending at that time

Spending that would've been mitigated by the newfound resources and industry gained by retaking the Rhineland
>>
FDR was a good President who din do nuffin
>>
>>1478168
>retaking the Rhineland
I don't mean to be insensitive but Rhineland was "retaken" by Germany already in 1925 if we go by guaranteeing the German borders of the region after the Locarno treaties, or in 1930 in that the last occupying troops left. It was ocuppied for a while and demilitarized, not annexed by France.
>>
>the US Civil War was about states rights not slaves
>the French Revolution was instigated by commoners
>the Crusades were unjustified wars of aggression
>Gandhi was a pacifist
>Africa was worse off under European rule
>>
>>1476763
>Holocaust is real
>>
>>1478098
>At the most we would have lost Hawaii
Even that is alien space bats tier.
>>
>>1478165
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The point I'm making is the US made a decisive victory officially through the numbers and the Paris Peace Accords. North and South Vietnamese governments and the US signed it on the US's terms. It wasn't until two years later that the NV offensive post treaty actually subjugated SV.

As for the Tet offensive it was a joint attack from both NVA and VC. They were still blown the fuck out and even said so publicly. It was devastating. Not to mention operation linebacker and other bombing campaigns that turned their entire logistics op into dust. The US politicians and Academics betrayed the South Vietnamese by not honoring the agreement and thus South Vietnam fell post treaty after the war officially ended.

The US made a decisive victory for the official war. There is no argument against it. They failed to uphold their end of the treaty however. And so if you wish to describe a 'victory' as containment of communism then sure they 'lost' outside the scope of the conflict which they decisively won.
>>
>>1476763

Our 7th grade history teacher tought us how very dark the dark ages were, and that all crusaders were imperialistic fools, and that the church was ebyl

Our history teacher in 11th grade corrected this tho
>>
America is capitalist
>>
>>1478014

And if it wasn't for Blucher Wellington would have been crushed
>>
During the American Revolution, the Brits would line up on the battlefield out of some sense of honor and adherence to the "rules of war" while the Americans just hid in the woods with their blue camouflage and shot them from afar.
>>
File: weimar.jpg (959KB, 2712x2022px) Image search: [Google]
weimar.jpg
959KB, 2712x2022px
>>1476763

Don't actually know which theory is right.

In German school we were tought about WWI that Germany was already in a hopeless position since 1915: And that the militaries were just to autistic to start negiotiations.

From other sources i've read that Germany still had realistic chances to win until the Americans landed their mass troops.

Could anyone enlighten me ?
>>
>>1477897

>the british withdrew from the 13 colonies, thus their goal wasn't to keep their control of america, thus the american war of independance was a draw
>>
>>1478278

>North and South Vietnamese governments and the US signed it on the US's terms. It wasn't until two years later that the NV offensive post treaty actually subjugated SV.

If you aren't able to enforce the treaties you negiotiated it's pretty much a defeat.
>>
>>1477449
>everyone who is an Asian revisionist is Chinese

Kys faggo, China's one of the only Asian countries that doesn't need revisionism to have something to be proud of

>>1477533
/thread
>>
>>1478308
my understanding is that Germany's situation was ultimately hopeless because of the blockade but it wasn't until the Americans joined in that the front collapsed
>>
>>1478308
Germany relies heavily on imports since they lack many raw materials vital to war and the arnaments industry. During the early stages of WW1 they were undersupplied to the point where the army risked running out of bullets; this was prevented after they captured parts of Belgium where they secured the resources needed to produce ammunition.

Nothing but a miracle could've saved Germany in either of the World Wars. They were outnumbered, outgunned and outproduced since day one.
>>
>>1478308
Germany was fundamentally pretty screwed after the failure of the Schlieffen plan because the Entente had an overwhelming naval and economic/population advantage (especially with the support of the USA, even before they entered the war).

Which is why German, although arguably somewhat half-heartedly, began trying to make peace from that point.

They still had considerable success (especially in knocking out Russia) after that but time was definitely against them and after the spring offensive the German war effort was just utterly exhausted.
>>
>>1478308
>In German school we were tought about WWI that Germany was already in a hopeless position since 1915

Because the entire gameplan of the central powers was to end the western theatre as soon as possible so that they could focus down on the east. This didn't happen and Britain established sea dominance and Germany was put into a country sized siege.

>From other sources i've read that Germany still had realistic chances to win until the Americans landed their mass troops.

Because the war was so costly it was completely concievable that any side could just straight up collapse at any time. Russia infact did collapse.
>>
That democracy exists and the feudal system was destroyed.
>>
>>1477029
WE
>>
>>1478278

Except for the notion, one that pretty much everyone in the U.S. government held to, that

A) THere would be no further interventions in SEA
B) The North Vietnamese are certain to attack the South
C) The South is incapable of holding on if they do so.

Which puts it right back down into the "lose" category.
>>
>the US government distributed smallpox blankets to Amerindians
>>
>>1478143
>arm, supply, and train native confederacies that attack settlers
>impressment of sailors
>implying there was no reason to go to war
>>
>>1478325
I don't think it was an inability to do so but rather not actually wanting to.
>>
>>1478128
It wasn't worth it, you dumb shit. It never was. America should have come to that realization a lot sooner.
>>
>>1477014
Except they did get along, relatively speaking.
>>
>>1478436
Did you read the Peace accords at all?

It outlines exactly what support the US would provide. The reason we did not honor that Accord was because intellectuals and the media of the US convinced everyone that the war was unwinnable and we're big bad and evil. Nobody was willing to throw away they're political career over South Vietnam. The conflict was already over by the time South Vietnam fell by two years. The new conflict becomes a separate entity. This is going to get very pedantic. Is the post Accord conflict a continuation of the previous conflict or is it separate? How long does the period between conflicts have to be for them to be separate?
>>
>>1477533
Pretty sure Amerindian ancestors discovered the Americas.
>>
>>1478555
It's a continuation of N Vietnam's goal of taking over the south.
>>
>>1478555

Have you read anything surrounding the peace accords at all? U.S. troops pulled out at a time when you had NVA troops IN south Vietnam. It wasn't some equal peace with honor that the pervidious commies broke later.

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/150424

And yes, it was only due to internal pressure that the U.S. didn't commit enough to win the war. Had the U.S. been willing to give total commitment, they'd win or at least still be there today. NEWSFLASH: Most wars are not total wars, and sooner or later you have to ask if the game is worth the candle. If you lose the war because you can't keep going, for whatever reason, you still lose.

Otherwise, you may as well argue that the Soviets won against the Taliban in Afghanistan, the Germans won WW1, the Selucids put down the Judean revolt, and the Spanish defeated the Dutch independence movement; all of which are laugahbly wrong.
>>
>>1478555
So WW1 was a different war because Russia got knocked out?
>>
>>1478329
is there even another asian country that ever claims to have discovered america?
>>
Is anyone here annoyed that almost all British history is full of propaganda?

I'm just annoyed of the muh crecy/agincourt, muh longbows, waterloo, etc. I will give then their navy though.

I may be biased they just seem to have a mix of holier than thou and WE WUZ EMPRAHZ AND SHIET that annoys me. I have a friend from Quebec that dislikes the French so maybe its just a butthurt former colonist thing.

t. butthurt 'Merifat and /his/ shitposter
>>
>>1478308
germany was fucked once it failed to breakthrough at first ypres in the autumn of 1914, after that it was just about how many would die before the germans realised.

>>1476763
wellingtons army was in better shape than the french when the prussians arrived, battered but with enough of a reserve left to order a general advance once the french started to break.

waterloo was a masterclass in defensive action on the part of the british army, and Wellington did exactly what he needed to do to hold his hastily raised hodge podge of a army together, especially given that the best british troops were elsewhere at the time
>>
>>1476799
>>America won gulf war

I want you to try and explain how America lost that, or WW2, or WW1, or 1812
>>
>>1478708
not that we know of.

Tbh, I am just waiting for the day when we find out that the chinese inspired the greeks.
>>
>>1478555

>It outlines exactly what support the US would provide

kek. Are you gonna post the prager university video too ? Where they want to make you believe that bombing a fucking trail and the non-existing north-vietnamese Industry would have made the US win the war ?

just because you send them material support doesn't mean they would have won. The us gave massive material support to the French in their indochina war, and it wasn't enough. And if you think this isn't an argument because those were french and you believe in the surrender maymay. Look how much material support you are currently giving to the Iraqi military and how they are doing against a fucking desert militia.

And at last, you don't need to be utterly destroyed to lose a war. If the enemy gets you to the point where you aren't willing anymore to fight, and the enemy achieves his goals, you have lost.
>>
>>1478555

>muh kill counts and military victories

Stop living in your fantasy world, buddy. Ideological subversion and the fact that Americans didn't have the desire to fight or have their kids die in some jungle hellhole on the other side of the world for no conceivable benefit. Shit we could barely handle ~2000 deaths in the latest Iraq occupation, and anything more than drones/special forces/proxy wars is political suicide. Westerners are soft.
>>
>>1478868
1812 is a draw at best for the US, their merchant trade got wrecked, they were losing their frigate advantage off the eastern seaboard, the invasions of canada failed, the capital was burned and they were forced to the negotiating table to negotiate essentially a return to the status quo antebellum.

as for world war 1 compared to the contribution of the french or british to victory they did very little in military terms, in military terms they accomplished less than canada or australia.

and even in world war 2 they werent exactly the only side fighting
>>
>>1478837

>battered but with enough of a reserve left to order a general advance once the french started to break.

Easy for you to say now, since the allies won, and we'll never know the alternative outcome.
But Wellington himself by far didn't sound this self-confident during the battle

>“Either night or the Prussians will come.”

His army was
>>
>>1478934
if night came he could withdraw/reorganise, if the prussians come he can attack, neither option suggests defeat, it was a close battle and a nasty one, and rarely is a commander certain of victory during a battle where the armies are as closely matched as at waterloo, napoleon was uncertain as well
>>
>>1478923
>, the invasions of canada failed

So did the British invasion of America. They lost the Battles of Lake Eerie, New Orleans, and Maryland. And the Brits got cucked at the Treaty of Ghent. They literally got nothing out of the war, while the US gained disputed territories along the Canadian boarder, as well as access to fishing spots. It also showed the Brits that they couldnt just slap around the US like bitches without consequences.
>>
>>1478975
the british hadnt started the war, hadnt wanted the war and fought principally to retain what they had and force the americans to accept terms, the 'invasions' of america were essentially punitive raids, new orleans having been fought after the war was actually over due to delays in communication.

the war showed the US that expansion northwards was impossible, and that challenging a major european power was not wise, they achieved as much as they did (very little) only because somewhat larger matters occupied most of the british military attention at the time
>>
>>1478950

i doubt it a lot that this wouldn't have turned into a bitter defeat if the Prussians hadn't arrived.

However he did the right calculus to bet on the Prussians arriving. Even if he wasn't brilliant, he did his job well
>>
File: rage.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
235KB, 582x600px
>after Napeoleon lost in Russia, the French didn't like him anymore so they forgot about him and went back to monarchy
>>
>>1479009
it wouldnt have been a bitter defeat, the french army was at least as battered as the british, the fighting had been going on all day, mostly the french attacking entrenched positions where the loss rates favoured the british, or attacks up hill against the british positions.

the french army was battering itself against wellingtons positions and generally coming off the worst, the prussian intervention turned a close victory into a crushing one but had the prussians not turned up its doubtful napoleon would have been in any postion to attempt a pursuit if the british army retreated under cover of darkness and there was no way the french were breaking the british before nightfall.
>>
>>1477449
It was Mongoloids in eastern siberia; the general consensus from scientists is that they traveled on an ice ridge between Alaska and far eastern siberia.
>>
>>1477653
>vietnam
>draw

oh my, the damage control is strong
>>
>>1476812
>he attatched the wrong name onto the place that he discovered, see guys he didn't really discover it :^)
Please kys, people like you are why this board is so autistic
>>
>>1478329
But the thread wasn't about the discovery of the Americas, that's pretty rude of you anon.
>>
>>1479238
But you said he showed them there was another continent there.
>>
>>1478202

It sort of was.

It was just immediately hijacked by a bunch of idealistic rich dumbasses.
>>
>>1479001
Remember that time that the US never gained any territory northwards after 1812? Neither do I.

>>1479274
Because the continent to which they were directed thanks to Columbus was in fact new?
>>
>>1476783
>Columbus discovered that the world was round
>>
>>1479296
Did you go to school in a rural farm town in the 1920s?
>>
>>1479295
never at the expense of the british, remember when the US wanted to claim the pacific coast up to the 54' 40 line, remember how given the choice of accepting the 49th parallel or war they didnt go to war?
>>
>>1478035
I was meming when saying the brits were looking from afar, though the belgian suffered the most blows which indicates they were the front lines. Also, I will find it back when I'm back from vacation, but I'm sure at least one British batallion left the battlefield, in leading order. And their squares did break for like half of it, but at the cost of too much cavalry to be worth it. Finally, when saying that it's everyone but the Brit's victory, I'm not being blind, I'm trying to balance things out, since the Brits tend to take the whole credit for it. For example, where is the Waterloo train station?

the credit should also be extended to French royalists, since without them the Old Guard would not have been ambushed so easily. 18000 of the most seasonned troups on the continent can do things, and you know it. Kek, brits so obnoxious they wear their hats now, calling themselves """grenadiers""". fucking anglos
>>
>>1479295
No, it's been there for millions of years
>>
>>1479302
I don't remember it being taught at school all but a lot of tv shows and movies perpetuated this.
>>
>>1478202

slavery was a state right though
>>
>>1479366
You wouldnt be alive if it wasnt for anglos

You can thank Britain for:
>Second Agricultural Revolution
(Jethrow Tull/Robert Bakewell/Andrew Meikle/James Smith/Patrick Bell/John Bennet Lawes/John Fowler/Dan Albone/Rex Paterson)
>Industrial Revolution
(Thomas Savery/Andrew Gordon/James Watt/Humphrey Davy/Richard Trevithick/Michael Faraday/Robert Forester Mushet/Alexander Graham Bell/Abraham Darby/Herbert Akroyd Stuart/Joseph Bramah/Harry Brearley/George Richards Elkington/Isambard Kingdom Brunel/William Sturgeon/Francis Thomas Bacon/John Ramsbottom/Alexander Parkes)
>Enlightenment, Philosophy, Empiricism, and Modern Political Theory
(Francis Bacon/Adam Ferguson/John Locke/Thomas Hobbes/David Hume/Robert Hooke/Jeremy Bentham/Thomas Henry Huxley/Thomas Robert Malthus/Charles Darwin/John Hadley)
>Modern Physics
(James Clerk Maxwell/Issac Newton/John Dalton/William Sturgeon/Stephen Hawking)
>Modern Economics
(Adam Smith/John Maynard Keynes)
>Modern Armed Forces
(Oliver Cromwell/Alexander John Forsyth/Frank Whittle/Robert Watson-Watt/Henry Shrapnel/Robert Whitehead/David Stirling/Ernest Dunlop Swinton/Archibald Low)
>Modern Medicine
(William Harvey/Edward Jenner/Stephen Hales/Joseph Lister/John Snow/James Blundell/James Young Simpson/James Parkinson/William Boog Leishman/Ronald Ross/Alexander Fleming/Francis Crick/Frederick Sanger)
>Computers, Television and the Internet
(Charles Babbage/H. J. Round/John Logie Baird/Alan Turing/Tim Berners-Lee/Ada Lovelace/Tom Kilburn)
>>
>>1479366
>though the belgian suffered the most blows which indicates they were the front lines
Historical inaccuracy;Belgium did not exist until 1830
>>
>>1480058

Then nobody else would ever have invented these things?
>>
>>1480147
Only if they had a reformation
>>
File: 1464912588617.jpg (142KB, 694x770px) Image search: [Google]
1464912588617.jpg
142KB, 694x770px
>>1480147
Theres a reason a tiny country, with a population so small comparably to the rest of the world, produced so much.

The Anglo-Celtic race is the GREATEST race on earth. It's achievements outstretch them all. How many diseases such as smallpox and yellow fever existed before the works of the great Edward Jenner developed the vaccine? How many would have died in surgury before the geniuses like Joseph Lister, John Snow and Alexander Fleming developed modern anti-biotics?

Just look at yourself. You're using the English language to talk to me, a language crafted by artists like Shakespeare, Chaucer, T S Elliot and the likes. Without Charles Babbage, Alan Turing and Tim Berners-Lee, you wouldnt be able to use the internet, let alone own a computer.

Britain is the greatest country in history, its citizens have produced so much in such a small space, no other country or empire compares in innovation.
>>
File: StefanMolyneux.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
StefanMolyneux.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>1480281
>not
>an
>argument
>>
>>1478202

I was taught that slavery was only a small part of the reason for the war and I'm in Canada.
>>
>>1479285

>implying the Masons didn't start it
>>
>the Catholic Church set humanity back hundreds of years technologically and scientifically during the Dark Ages
>definitely wasn't all those pagan tribes nigging out and raiding everything
>>
>>1476763
>the ussr was bad
>>
>the Revolutionary War was a case of a "rabble of farmers" taking on the "greatest military in the world"

I fuckin hate when people say shit like this, in part because its a half-truth and therefore harder to dispute in the span of a normal conversation. Yes, technically the Americans were on average (in the beginning anyway) poorly trained volunteers with inferior gear and numbers, facing elements of the mightiest military power of the time.

But it's dumb to make it sound like the Continental Army beat the full brunt of British military force in a toe-to-toe pitched engagement. Truth is, the American colonies were far away, sparsely fortified, and considered relatively unimportant by the Empire due to limited understanding of the continent and the resources it held. That's why many similar uprisings in more important or proximal colonies were put down efficiently and often brutally. The Americans won because (a) the Brits really didn't give much of a fuck aside from muh pride and muh tobacco, and (b) the French helped us a ton.
>>
>>1479349
>never at the expense of the british
Wut. Britain lost Columbia, Caribou, and Samoa to the United States.
>>
>>1478035
Dutch and Belgians both fought rather effectively, both at Quatre Bas and at Waterloo.
>>
>>1480127
Catholic dutch, you know what I mean

>>1480058
I probably would be alive no matter what. Also Brits have the obnoxious tendency of claiming shotgun on a number of innovations, only because they dont bother reading other languages. Just look at a BBC documentary on Sciences History. You'll find random British lads, and for the foreign part you have 3: Einstein, Curie, and sometimes, Lavoisier.

Actually, only now do I read your comment, and "modern physics" makes me laugh, because it falls right under my last paragraph (muh newton). Enlightment is quite good as well, since at least in the Western World, the French Lumieres had more influence than your oh so praised """philosophers""". Modern armed forces only take SAS from Britain. The rest goes to others... Again, modern medicine not so much for Britain alone. And OH MY FUCKING GOD internet? really? the fucking douche did not even discover it alone come the fuck on. you must be a troll.
>>
>>1478308
From my understanding Germany was fucked as soon as the First Battle of the Marne took place and trench warfare began. They lacked a lot of resources required to continue fighting for long and their situation was even more fucked after the British did what they did best and established naval dominance and blockaded them. If America hadn't joined the war I'd wager that the allies could still have beaten Germany
>>
>>1481690
Maybe not completely fucked but in a decidedly unfavorable position. They didn't have the manpower or industrial capacity to contend with the allies, while further suffering from the blockade just like you say (and conversely their U-Boat campaign never sunk enough tonnage to really matter - they managed the desired numbers for only a couple of weeks and then the allies started to employ better convoy tactics and shut them down again). Even the swan song of the Spring offensives was pretty much a failure, at a glance making great gains - except of mostly useless ground, not achieving strategic objectives, and wasting precious supplies and manpower.

Furthermore the two sides were aware of this state of things. That is why during and after the Race to the Sea you have the Germans pulling back to more defensible ground and digging in, and the next years turn into what people claim to be a useless, senseless meatgrinder - without realizing that it was in the allies' interests to attack. Because the Germans were occupying economically important regions and dislodging them was a meaningful objective, and perhaps even more importantly, because the Germans had to be defeated and while an admittedly very grim scenario, in a war of attrition, it's all about the numbers, manpower, production capability and supplies, and the allies had the upper hand and could basically grind down the enemy.
>>
>>1481049
No, they were going to get massacred at Quatre Bas until Wellingtons timely intervention,and were mostly spectators at Waterloo,the british and KGL troops holding farms were the ones that stopped Napoleons advance up the slope at Waterloo.
>>
File: bitch hold on card.jpg (120KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
bitch hold on card.jpg
120KB, 600x875px
>>1477653
I'm sorry, but:
>Vietnam war
>draw
>>
>>1480058
>you can thank the British for a bunch of terrible things

Shocker.
>>
>>1480172
(you)
>>
>>1476763
>mfw Friedrich Wilhelm Bülow von Dennewitz believed to be pregnant with an elephant after the battle
I am serious. Nigger went crazy and became a huge embarrassment.
>>
>>1477188
Here in NZ we didn't learn any of it.

I find it strange we don't consider pre 1840 British history our history too. Our schools act like nothing exists before James cook discovered NZ. But I suppose that because it doesn't include the Maori.
>>
>>1478105
Yeah that's bullshit. The entire German economy depended on its military buildup and if it hadn't become super aggressive it would have imploded in a decade anyways and been worse off than anyone else suffering during the depression. Hitler's plan for Germany was doomed to fail one way or the other.
>>
>>1477484
Why the fuck didn't Greenlanders just shift there?
>>
>>1481898
I dont know the full details but it was apparently his second in command Gneisnau who got the prussian army to waterloo,while Blucher was bathing his injuries in a bath of gin
>>
>>1477911
The weird thing is the use the exact opposite logic to claim they won against the British in the independence war
>>
>>1481921
Eh, you are right. It was Blücher who went crazy, not Bülow.
>>
>>1480058
You very easily make a list like this for France or Germany, and many other countries.
>>
>>1476763
>Civil War was about slavery
>>
File: 1406823259483.jpg (93KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1406823259483.jpg
93KB, 1280x640px
>Palestine was a land without people for a people without land
>>
>>1481916
because their main income came from trading walrus ivory with norwegians and icelanders and greenland was perfect place for hunting them. and mainland america was full of hostile natives.
>>
>>1478130
Guy is right and you are wrong.
>>
>>1481987
Well, that settles it then. Thank you for posting.
>>
>>1477449
He's right you tard native americans are asiatic.
>>
File: 1469329033903.jpg (176KB, 1182x966px) Image search: [Google]
1469329033903.jpg
176KB, 1182x966px
>>1480172
Shitposting to be proud of
>>
>>1481982
b-but natives are peaceful and would never hurt another non-white!!
>>
>>1482264
i was talking about norse greenlanders. as far as i know inuits didn't need timber for anything, even their fires burned on with whale fat so they didn't have any reason to go there at all.
>>
>>1478868
The U.S. *survived* the war of 1812
>>
>>1482313
Britain was in absolutely no position to demand anything from the United States. There's a reason Britain actually lost territorial claims and geopolitical face under the Treaty of Ghent. The U.S. didn't just survive, they came out WAY ahead on the whole thing.
>>
>>1480172
> celtic

kek fuck off potatonigger, all those people are anglo-saxon
>>
>>1482264
No no you've got it all wrong the native Americans were actually all peaceful negroids who rode with their horses around in circles to form great works of art until whitey came along and used fire sticks to kill them
>>
>>1482331
Which is why they would be able to assert Belgium independence against everyone else, even the Belgians that wanted to join with France
>>
>>1479046
But thats true
>>
>>1482420
Britain was far from the only country to support Belgian independence from the Netherlands. I don't know who you're trying to kid.
>>
>>1480172
You forgot about the most important part, the Norman aristocracy which centralised government and meant the ships could be sent to save the first crusaders and using those techniques eventually be able to build up the best colonies and subsequently the best empire
>>
>>1482428
Britisin was the country that got it started, due to recent alliances they easily convinced Prussia to sign along
France was threatened with war if they didn't sign it
Russia had just been at war with Prussia but followed the band wagon thinking it would gain international prestige and cool tensions with Prussia
Tbh don't know why Austria signed it as they were enemies of Prussia
And Netherlands only did it a few years later when everyone did it and that was ultimately begrudgingly
>>
>>1480172

>muh celts

Authentic Celtic culture hasn't been a major social, political, or scientific force since the days of the Roman Empire. And outside of Ireland, bits of Wales, and whatever scraps of Breton that haven't been gentrified by rich Channel Islanders or overrun with migrants, authentic Celtic/Gaelic culture no longer even exists.
>>
>>1477653
>the aggressor and most powerful military in the world attacks a shitty third world country on the other side of the planet
>Long drawn out conflict thats very unpopular at home
>A disaster on every level

Yeah, no. America is a large inefficient and bureaucratic empire. We just proclaim we are victorious when we get bored of a war, it doesnt mean we won or even reached a draw.
>>
>>1482585

Not to mention

>South Vietnam got BTFO the second we pulled out thereby undoing the marginal gains we were able to make there
>>
>>1482465
>Russia had just been at war with Prussia but followed the band wagon thinking it would gain international prestige and cool tensions with Prussia
>Russia at war with Prussia

What in the world are you talking about? I'm pretty sure these two nations were never at war with each other in the 19th century at all (well, Prussia was officially forced to go along with the 1812 invasion, but did not actually participate and immediately went over to the russian side, and that happened way before the belgian independence)
>>
That the USA lost the vietnam war
>>
>>1482632

The Soviets won in Afghanistan too, you know.
>>
>>1482643
i never knew that the soviets even fought in Afghanistan
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x363px
>>1482650

I thought you had to be 18 to post on this site
>>
>>1476763
Just about every single thing that ever happens in a cowboy movie.
>>
>>1476799
The European theater was definitely not won by america but how would you argue about america not beating japan
>>
>>1483044
America won some naval engagements and took some island while Bongs and Chinks were fighting off the vast majority of Japanese forces in China and Burma. Hell the Soviets probably rekt more Japanese troops in Manchuria than USA did in during the entire war.
>>
>>1478202
>Crusades were unjustified wars of aggression
They were tho
It was, for most of Africa
>>
File: 1465865176119.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
1465865176119.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>1483574
>They were tho
>>
>>1483483

>What are the Solomons campaign
>What is the Phillipines campaign
>What are the Marshalls, the Carolines, the Marainas

Be honest, how many minutes have you spent studying up on the PTO so you can pretend you understand just to satisfy your hateboner against the U.S.? Pretending the British fighting in Malaya and Burma is on anything remotely the same scale for ground combat in PTO alone is just wrong. Pretending that the Chinese actually fought the Japanese when they weren't themselves attacked by them is also a bit amusing, go look up Ichi-Go one of these days.

> Hell the Soviets probably rekt more Japanese troops in Manchuria than USA did in during the entire war.

You would be completely wrong, by the way.

3/10 made me respond
>>
>>1483631
He has a point though.

Save for the Philippines and Okinawa, shitty garrison forces were most of the soldiers the US fought in the Pacific.
>>
>>1483619
But they were lmao
>>
>>1483574

>first crusade only called after five fucking centuries of kebab aggression and invasion
>not justified

We had enough dirt on the Muslims to turn the levant into a fucking parking lot.
>>
>>1483660
Guadalcanal was not full of "shitty garrison forces." I don't know who fed you that bullshit, but you need to get your facts checked.
>>
>>1483677
i mean yeah ofc the muslims only raided the mediterranean christians for a few centuries xp
>>
>>1483483
>bongs
oh yeah
the Indians were totally british.
>>
>>1483660

As opposed to say, the Kwangtung army which had been gutted of all its experienced personnel by 1945?

Not to mention the best the IJN had pretty much went exclusively up against the Americans.
>>
>>1479207
>>1482082
Well no shit the Native Americans discovered it first. They lived there. We're talking about who discovered it for the rest of the civilized world.
>>
>>1476799
They "won" all except nam. Everyone lost in the gulf war.
>>
>>1479366
After doing a bit of digging I can admit I was wrong about no British battalion retreating as it looks as though the 73rd did before the Middle Guard. I couldn't, however, find any information that suggested British squares broke. There were certainly badly mauled by the French artillery before Ney's attack but they held their own against the French cuirassiers. If a square was broken we would expect the casualties for that battalion to be on a similar level with those of the French 6th Light which was broken at Garcia Hernandez, yet that is simply not the case. It's well established that Ney's attack on the squares was not only unsuccessful but also gave the British infantry some respite from the murderous artillery. The Dutch-Belgians suffered many casualties because they were between the farmhouses and the ridge, exposed to French guns, yet the key farmhouses themselves were held by the British and KGL. These days it seems as though it's increasingly difficult to find a reliable British historian who will say Britain deserves all the credit for Waterloo, the fact that they named a train station after it over 160 years ago doesn't really reflect what British scholars think today. Perhaps the guard wouldn't have been ambushed so easily but the fact remains that they were shot at and they retreated and it was the Dutch and British who did it. Every nation puts spin on a victory so why you're making it out to be a purely British thing I do not know.
>>
>>1476849
To be fair, when these anons where in school, Triceratops was a real dinosaur and Pluto was still a planet.
>>
>Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of All Saints' Church in Wittemberg
>>
>>1484011
What do you mean Triceratops isn't a real dinosaur?
>>
>>1484033
apperantly:
" In 2010, John Scanelle was working with Jack Horner. The pair found that it’s possible the Triceratops was actually a juvenile of the larger Torosaurus."
It's up for debate.
>>
>>1477484
They tried to settle in Vinland but were harrased by native americans. They went back to their greenland colony and slowly died because of the isolation from Norway and Iceland logistic supply.
>>
>>1484078
Greenland also got fucked because the climate got colder.
>>
>>1477130
>Convergent evolution works with technology as well.

sure kid

That's why Tasmanian natives forgot how to make fire.
>>
>>1478163

It was Nixon's bombing campaign that laid the hurt down on the NVA.
>>
>>1478920

>killing your enemies means they win!
>>
>>1477511
I went to an American one and all we got in regards to the FR was a saint and how the revolutonaries were led by a literal Satan.
>>
>>1483999
I do remember seeing battle plans with cavalry units going through some of the British squares, and even coming back to attack others from the back. However, I cannot find the source and post it here before coming home, as previously stated. So, sorry about that. Also, it's not "perhaps" the Guard wouldnt have been so easily ambushed. It would not have been ambushed at all. The smoke covered the battle field, allowing the Brits to prepare the embush unoticed, but only after they had been informed of the Guard coming by the royalist (Colonel Dubarail, 2nd cuirassiers, iirc), and where. An army walking is not a fucking driverless train, they sometimes look where they're going and would have fucking noticed all the remaining forces converging to a specific point, before laying down in the wheats.
>>
File: 123547743463.jpg (538KB, 1142x1470px) Image search: [Google]
123547743463.jpg
538KB, 1142x1470px
>6 million jews were gassed in ww2
>>
>>1477765
pretty sure the mongols killed more people with the black plague than people died due to the nuclear bomb.
>>
File: 6.jpg (2MB, 1500x4010px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
2MB, 1500x4010px
>>1484237
>>
>>1476783
Columbus made western Europe aware of the existence of the American continent. Which led to the colonization of the Americas. The fact that the Vikings technically were the first Europeans to discover America is nice for them, but it's not a relevant event.
>>
>Ottomans never lost to Euros till 18th cent.
>Atatürk din do nuffin wrong.
>All of minorities in Turkey fought against the Entente in Turkish War Of Independence
>>
>>1482585
>the aggressor and most powerful military in the world attacks a shitty third world country on the other side of the planet

You say that like the north didn't have Russia backing them too.
>>
>>1484363
>>Ottomans never lost to Euros till 18th cent.
Forget that one.

Here's something that'll blow your mind. They teach this in every school in Turkey. Ready?
>Ottoman Empire actually won the WWI. It was only defeated because Germany was defeated.
>>
>>1484631
Remember the last one from Elementary but they redpill you in 11th grade about that.
>>
>>1476763
>Romans had any lasting impact on Britain
>Henry Tudor was a good King
>>
>>1478093

I live in the US, and despite how hard they pushed the Holocaust on us, I was well aware as a child of how much good Hitler did for Germany.

He was still an incompetent scumbag though, don't get me wrong, but I always find myself defending him around others who completely overlook what he did for a deeply troubled Germany.
>>
>>1484206
An infantry square being truly broken means the enemy cavalry completely destroying the formation and cutting the battalion to pieces which clearly did not happen at Waterloo but has happened in other battles where we see clear evidence of the casualties and wound types when a square is broken. A few riders breaking into a square does not mean that square is broken (which would be much more serious). Also, Wellington had ordered the Foot Guards to lie down on the reverse slope to protect themselves from the French artillery barrage before the French advance began, so they were clearly in place before the French deserter came running up
>>
>>1484659

Do people actually say Hank 8 was a good King?
>>
>>1478144
>bravo Dolphie!

I cringed
>>
>>1476763
>Ottoman Empire is the most evil empire imaginable
I don't get it, they were bad as all empires were, but they were significantly tolerant and probably the only multicultural empire that didn't assimilate everyone.
>>
>>1481717
They bought time for Wellington and held up Ney at Quatre Bas. At waterloo, detmer's brigade helped break the Middle Guard with a bayonet charge.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>early gunpowder-age armies fought in rows and columns because it was "civilized"
>definitely not because firearms were utter dog shit beyond 50 yards or so and even a skilled soldier could only pop off a couple rounds a minute
>nope definitely because soldiers were unfailingly polite and supreme gentlemen from the mid-16th century up to WWI at which point everyone suddenly became huge dickheads
>>
>>1484051
>Torosaurus
A study has rejected claims that Triceratops and the lesser-known Torosaurus are one and the same type of dinosaur.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-17192624
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 1000x934px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 1000x934px
>Egyptians were black
>>
>>1485953
>East africa slave trade
>Barbary pirates
>Armenian genocide
>Clusterfuck in the balkans, leaving Muslim serbs and Albanians behind
>>
>>1476763
>WW1
>mentions of Somme and Verdun but no Brusilov Offensive
>>
>>1477702
I don't think so. I recall Wettins being disliked as well as the last Vasa who ran away to France with shit he stolen from the treasury. Oh and Henry III de Valois was covered as being - more or less - a faggot.
>>
>>1486080
>Slave trade in an era slave trade was the norm
>Pirating in an era pirating was the norm (They were just mediterranean pirates)
>Implying balkan nations did not fight for to be able to live in a clustersex, further implying Ottomans had any power to do it or newly founded nations had any intention of allowing it

I'll give you the genocide but those were basically chaotic times in the empire, so 20 years out of 600 years is still not enough to claim they were the ultimate evil, enemy of whole Europe.
>>
>>1478132
>Hitler would have left the country stable, secure, and in a position to grow.
He made it bankrupt by his outrageous armament spendings.
>>
>white people stole rock and roll from the blacks
>>
>>1478202
As a foreigner I've always seen it as a struggle from manpower between plantation owners(slave owners) and factory owners.
The riots itself kind of were. There were people who used that dissent to get to power - true - but the initial revolt may have been like your implication says.
>the Crusades were unjustified wars of aggression
I like to approach the "causes" of war from "nihilist" point of view.

That is there are no unjustified wars of aggression(as in - it's a meme/spook/we) as there's always some interest backing them. So you have to check what were the reasons for the crusades(I know about pilgrim's being oppressed, prestige stuff, I believe the pope wanted to make Holy Roman Emperor spend all his money on the crusades etc. but I'm not really qualified to talk about that) and then you'll see that the aggressors may have not have internationally lawful causes for starting the aggression itself but you'll see what made them do such things rather than just claiming moral supremacy over people who lived hundreds-thousands years ago. Instead you'll understand why did they do this which is far more useful knowledge.
>Gandhi was a pacifist
Well he did thought that violence was the last method of solving problem so he would pass as pacifist in some ways.
Partially true, partially false. We're talking about entire fucking continent. Somalia for instance was surely better under British/Italian rule but was DRC better off when it was private property of Leopold? Was German Western Africa better off when Germans genocided locals? Was Algieria better off under French?

The thing that colonial nations awfully fucked up was they way the colonies were left - the retarded borders of African countries, backing up retards like Idi Amin etc. was really awful in long term.
>>
>>1478278
>Not to mention operation linebacker and other bombing campaigns that turned their entire logistics op into dust
During entire American involvement HCM trail was completely cut short only twice and it was by naval bombardment rather than aerial one. That being said it lined up with NV entering peace negotiations.
>>
>>1478308
Yes and no. Germany's chance to win ended in 1916. Their most experienced troops were bled out between Verdun, Somme and Brusilov Offensive while the latter also almost completely destroyed Austrio-Hungarian Army which meant that Germans had to cover longer and longer front while being constantly short of manpower not only for fighting but also for working.

Once Hindemburg/Ludendorff took the command over their war effort, they tried to do what they should've done in 1916 if it wasn't for "muh France has to fall first". Annihilate Russia. Now, Russians had chance to actually win the war a year before but Evert was an idiot, but the Brusilov offensive, while being more deadly for A-H and Germany than for Russia, caused Russia to actually feel the casualties for once(after quite disastrous 1914 and 1915 with only few glimpses of success) which was evident from the fact that Russian food production couldn't keep up with the needs at any rates. Which was only the tip of an iceberg when it came to their war effort problems. Either way by 1917 Germany pushed into Russia while doing strategic retreat in late 1916 to shorten the western front and managed to break Russia for good which allowed them to transfer the troops to the west.

However the spring offensive is absolutely overrated. They've managed to re-take their 1916 positions, go a little bit past that point and were halted. They seemed surprised that the offensive worked so well and didn't try to exploit it properly(by cutting off BEF and Belgian Army from French aka initiating race to the sea once more, for instance).
>>
>>1478098
The US started the war, by having the Empire not re-assimilate you doesnt mean you won when the casus belli was manifest destiny. So by your standards Britain won the war with a successful defense of the the colony of Canada
>>
>>1476763
I didn't even learn about Waterloo in school :|
>>
>>1480172
>John snow
>>
>the media and hippies made us lose vietnam
>>
>>1481911
But anon Abel Tasman discovered NZ
>>
>>1484078
there wasn't anything worth going for scandinavian norsemen. i already stated that the reason greenlanders didn't place a permanent outpost there was natives even if they had some business there.
>>1481982
>>
>>1485368
You're not being honest, so long.
>>
>>1476763
I'm going to have to go with "women were oppressed at all times throughout history and in every society up until women's lib/feminism freed women of their oppressive shackles".

>Canadian education
>>
>Ottomans were literally Satan
I'm not saying they weren't bad but c'mon. It's far more complex than that.
>>
>>1478537
The us still started the war you fucking nimrod, you think press ganging was a poor thing that only happened to Americans?
>>
>>1478152
>Good job Bernie, you fucked an entire country to appease your delicate anti-war sensibilities.
Yes, I'm sure bernie was the one to drop the agent orange and napalm
>>
>the wehrmacht were completely innocent and only nazis killed jews
>germany invaded the USSR in the winter
you have no idea how many people I've seen think this
>>
>>1486963
Explain to me what is not honest about that post and if I'm wrong I'll accept it, but it doesn't seem like you want to do that so we're clearly done here
>>
>>1478329
Kek even today China fabricates economic documents to seem like they mean shit. You've been Europes bitch for over 300 years. Get over yourself rice nigger.
>>
>>1478123
>Justifying genocide
>>
>that slaves in the US were the worst off in the continent
>that the USA dindu nuffin with foreign policy
>that the USSR was actually an evil empire
>that Marx would have supported the USSR
>>
>>1478123
>le brutal savage meme
>>
>>1478202
The Muslims invaded Spain a while back but that was a different war. The main issue was harassment of pilgrims, and that doesn't justify the bloodbath.
>>
>>1484240

always a pleasure to see some denier fuck tard getting destroyed.
>>
>>1487491
>that slaves in the US were the worst off in the continent

They were.

>that the USSR was actually an evil empire

Not evil at all, unless you count starving millions of people deliberately.
>>
>>1487545
I think we can all agree that the holocaust did not happen, but it should have.
>>
>>1486144

Nihilism is a shitty meme philosophy for hedonists who still feel enough guilt to try to justify their shitty behavior ontologically
>>
>>1487504

>implying it's just a meme
>>
>Pat Tillman's death was an accident
>>
>Canada won the war of 1812
>Canada burnt down the White House

Lamest attempt to have an identity ever
>>
>>1487578

Within the Americas slaves in the Caribbean were actually way worse off since they usually died way earlier, were forced to work and harvest harder crops in worse conditions, and were treated as expendable. Slaves in the Caribbean rarely made it to 30-35 years of age before dying from being overworked.
>>
>>1487450

>it's migration/fair conquest when I approve of it and genocide when I dont
>>
>Rome stole everything from the Greeks
>>
>>1487651
This. Caribbean sugar plantation slaves were ran through a revolving door to the cemetery.
>>
>>1487645
I'm not North-American, but that seems justified because Canadians don't reject their British heritage. Canada is British by definition.

If anything American are lame with their "glorious" revolution which was a fratricidal war and how they retroactively Americanize everything British in their history.
>>
>Harambe is dead
>>
>>1487728

Canadians aren't claiming these things as British victories. They're claiming them as Canadian victories.
>>
>>1480058
>Newton
>Modern Physics
>>
>>1477169
"This is not a peace, it is an armistice for 20 years."

>French Marshal Ferdinand Foch, just following the ToV.
>>
>>1477169
>Where are the war hawks? Where are the nazis?
Getting thrown in prison for inciting a popular revolt against a complicit government
>>
>>1477150

Nigga I'm sorry but you obviously have no experience with little kids. Don't make history an interesting (albeit falsified) and cliche good guy/bad guy story and kids will fall the fuck asleep. Better teach them basic facts with some bullshit than teach them nothing.
>>
>>1476846
Oh yes because the Asians that settled in America let the rest of the world know about their continent and were extremely relevant
>>
>>1478105

NO
O

End this meme. Hitler pulled the German economy through the depression by propping it up with loans and wartime production. Without WWII Germany would have quickly collapsed once again, even harder. Fuck off with this "Hitler was actually competent ;;;;)))" edgy meme, and read a fucking book.
>>
>>1480480

>Masons

Everyone was a mason at the time you fucking idiot, it was a popular club.

Fuck off with these conspiracy memes.
>>
>>1478152
Dude Vietnam is one of the most stable, bourgeois countries in Asia. They didn't turn into fucking North Korea when we left. People always forget that the NVA and VC were nationalist movements first and foremost. Communism was just a small element of their philosophy

Shit, they were even kind enough to get rid of Pol Pot and save Cambodia from another several decades of horror and misery. Vietnamese are stand-up guys
>>
>>1487651

>in the continent
>Caribbean
>>
>>1487582

Literally no one agrees on this besides your /pol/ echochamber lad
>>
>>1489641
Are you completely forgetting the mass purge that Vietnam underwent after the South capitulated?
>>
>>1484286
I don't entirely agree with that. The Vikings early voyages to the Americas had an impact on the native groups they encountered and this also allowed them to settle in Greenland and Iceland, which I think is a big deal.
>>
>>1476938
How in the hell did they profit off of Vietnam, The Gulf War or the War of 1812?
>>
>>1476763
Which one they teachin', eh-hehehehe
>>
>>1477188
Here in Canada you have to take a specific course to learn about it. Isn't it the same in America?
>>
>>1480283
Shut up, nerd.
>>
>>1480445
It was you nigger, and other than slavery the south was right.
>>
>>1477552
Pretty much every nation in the world has their historical education in public school catered towards the history of that nation. In Canada, we learn all about our own history but we hardly teach anything about Australia.
>>
>>1479285
Its funny how limp wristed """""intellectual""""" faggots are always the ones leading movements supposedly for the peasant class. Did Marx even work at all?
>>
>>1477576
In fairness, it's not inconceivable that some Polynesians had come into contact with North America given how close they are to them and the incredible distances they travelled by sea during early points of history.
>>
>>1480726
You fasco commie bastard
>>
>>1476763
>hitler gassed 6 million jews
>>
Crusades were triggered by the Roman Emperor requesting a small group of trained Frankish Knights be sent to assist in recapturing Anatolia from Islamic invaders.
>>
>>1489582
>tfw no German Communism to destroy Bolshevism
>>
File: 1468012423592.png (116KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1468012423592.png
116KB, 228x260px
>>1483677
>they were
>>
>>1477663
By pants, do you mean to discard trousers? As there are suggestions that we've been wearing trousers since prehistoric times and we can at least confirm we wore them since antiquity.
>>
>>1487040
God, fucking this. My history teacher in high school REALLY love to push the wage gap agenda on me.
>>
>>1489632

>tips degree chain
>>
>>1489582

>saying hitler wasn't 100% pure evil is edgy

Wew lad
>>
>>1489789
Yes, AP European History is where you would learn that, an honors high school course
>>
>>1489848
Well women were paid less for similar work than men back in the day. And I mean in your face way, less pay for being woman.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.