[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: german empire.jpg (387KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
german empire.jpg
387KB, 1000x800px
>be objectively the most powerful country in Europe
>keep losing wars and territory over and over again, becoming a shadow of its former self.

What went wrong?
>>
Stupidity at the helm, as always with empires that go bust.
>>
File: nazis cucked.jpg (1MB, 1031x1314px) Image search: [Google]
nazis cucked.jpg
1MB, 1031x1314px
>>1475655

Germany made many great contributions to society, but all of them came before unification. Unified, Germany has brought us nothing but war and sorrow.
>>
>>1475655

t. Lloyd (((George)))
t. Neville (((Chamberlain)))
t. Winston (((Churchill)))
>>
>>1475672
t. little hitler
>>
>>1475655

What happened to Germany is similar to what happened to Spain, who were often simultaneously at war with English, French, Ottomans, Dutch (and even Swedes), you cant be at war with everybody and dont expect to eventually get rekt.

Germany was at war with France, the English, the Russians, later Soviets, and the Americans.

Prussian Militarism and the German State born of Prussia, were absolutely terrible and negative.
>>
>>1475684
>Prussian Militarism and the German State born of Prussia, were absolutely terrible and negative.
I dunno, Prussia itself was pretty successful and the balance of power politics that Bismark utilized were quite fruitful. Later leadership just seems utterly retarded.
>>
>>1475675

The eternal Anglo makes it his mission to spread materialism and death everywhere- an empire founded on blood, for money
>>
>>1475684

>he fell for the militarism meme

Read The Pity of War by Ferguson.
>>
>>1475655
You can be as powerful as you want but still lose when you have shitty allies like Austro-Hungary or the Ottomans
>>
Being filled with Germans was Germany's downfall.
>>
>over and over again
The German empire is largely the story of military success (just as any nation) winning 3-4 wars in the 19th century, making it complete (The German empire is legally the successor of the norddeutsche Bund btw).
What wars they lost were the two most important ones thought. After that, they were (until the end of the 20th century) a shadow of their former self, yet nowadays I wouldnt say, its s shadow of its former self, regarding soft power and economical superiority.
>>
>>1475655
Existence of Germany was literally spark of brilliance from Bismarck, uniting Prussian militaristic aristocracy that goes back to Frederick with populous and culturally rich southern German states.

It shouldn't have happened and it was not meant to be, it only happened because of how successful Prussian army and how successful of a diplomat Bismarck was. It is similar to how Spain conquered and owned so much but it fell apart once that spark died off.

It was a mistake. Austria should have won in 1866 and unite Germanic states and create a super state of Germans and rest of Austria-Hungary. Austrian aristocracy was the one that was experienced in diplomacy, statesmanship and ruling over German states.
>>
File: 1433681904600.png (568KB, 988x794px) Image search: [Google]
1433681904600.png
568KB, 988x794px
>>1476920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p39ulIfnzc
>>
German savages are literally incapable of civilisation and thus constantly collapse.
>>
>>1475704
I actually want to have this debate, so I made a thread for it here >>1477021

Was the British intervention necessary, and was the long war worth it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.