[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /his/, why did Stalin ignored all the warnings from his own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So, /his/, why did Stalin ignored all the warnings from his own spies and army and refused to believe that Hitler would start a war against the URSS? And how different would the war had been had he believe his intelligence services?
>>
>>1475040
Stalin believed in Hitler because of the pact they had.

If he declared war on Germany before operation Barbarossa then the 3rd Reich would die quick.
>>
He was scared and didnt want to believe it. Sometime in september or october he went to his dacha and locked himself in until the other party leaders came and begged him to come back, which tells you he was insecure and knew that he had fucked up and was expecting to be deposed for the disaster.
>>
>>1475040
The actual history is much less clear than you're making it out to be. Yes, it took him by surprise, but he was far from the only one who found an attack - especially a devastating one - implausible. The Red Army and the industrial capabilities backing it was in place in all of the borderlands, the high command can be forgiven for thinking that the defences were strong enough to contain any attack.

Would history have been different if he'd anticipating Barbarossa? Maybe a little, but not by much. The communication and command structure within the Red Army was attrocious, not even the Winter War had learned them that lesson so I doubt they could do all the necessary improvements in time.
>>
>>1475040
Stalin projected himself onto Hitler. They were both tyrannical dictators who sought more power, so he assumed they both shared a similar mindset. In Stalin's mind, betraying the USSR at that time would be a stupid idea, so Hitler would never do it.

However, Hitler did think the same as Stalin.
>>
Army purges has just concluded, but Stalin was still greatly distrustful of remaining army staff, thinking their warnings were provocations

also there is Rezun/Suvorov with his shit
>>
not too different
soviets started the war with

>rigid defensive lines, no retreat, armor wasted on infantry
>gutted high command

but they learned from their mistakes
how is Zhukov never mentioned in ww2/stalin threads is beyond me
>>
>>1476963

>Zhukov
>Never mentioned

Try Rokossovsky
>>
>>1475040
>So, /his/, why did Stalin ignored all the warnings from his own spies and army and refused to believe that Hitler would start a war against the URSS?

He didn't. Mystery solved.

Every decision taken by Stalin and Stavka gives proof to their full realization that war with Hitler was inevitable; and that they had to prepare as fast as possible.

The story that Stalin did not wish to believe it were mostly anecdotes by self serving general who wished to blame the big chief for their mistakes.

It is possible that Stalin did not expect it though or did at first not want to believe it. This pertains to the first day of the war, not the months and years that preceded it. So to answer your follow up question:

>And how different would the war had been had he believe his intelligence services?

I do not thinkg there is any reason to believe it would have went any differently. The losses sustained at the beginning of the war were the result of strategical inferiority, not lack of preparation.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.