[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was history's biggest mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: north-korea-map.gif (345KB, 1000x1029px) Image search: [Google]
north-korea-map.gif
345KB, 1000x1029px
What was history's biggest mistake?
>>
your birth
>>
The Catholic Church. We're about 200 years behind because of them.

Not even memeing.
>>
>>1473114
Fall of Constantinople
>>
South Korea
>>
The decline of Rome.
Just imagine it.

A global empire.
A Christian empire.
A noble and honorable empire.
An empire which has defeated its enemies, and can live comfortably.

It would give people more social mobility too.

But no, it had to divide, and it had to fall.

Just take a moment, and think of how close we were to this world power.
>>
>>1473121
You may not be meming, but you are objectively wrong

>>1473227
I think you have completely misread the history of rome
>>
File: 1460185249129.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1460185249129.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>1473121
>>
>>1473227
>global empire
no thanks. i prefer self determination.
>christian empire
muh christianity. muh jesus.
pleb tier religion
>noble and honorable empire
whats your'e definition of noble and honorable?
>>
>>1473227
>It would give people more social mobility too.
Are you mending or a actually serious?
>>
>>1473231
>>1473241
>>1473252

Obligatory people from /lit/ who don't care about Western Culture or their own people, and just want to push their commie agenda.
>>
I blame China
>>
File: 1427389888213.gif (2MB, 614x743px) Image search: [Google]
1427389888213.gif
2MB, 614x743px
>>1473236
>kangdoms
>>
>>1473227
Fuck off, /pol/. Roma only great during pagan rule.
Christian is fucking plague
>>
>>1473231
>You may not be meming, but you are objectively wrong
No. Ask yourself why the Enlightenment was in Italy but the Industrial revolution was in England, 200 years later. Why did the Italians, with their new ideas and rabid interest in science, not start the Industrial revolution, why was it a rainy Island in north west Europe?

The Catholic church, that's why. Early thinkers and scientists of the rennassiance were simply unable to pursue their ideas much further due to the Catholic church stifling them, Protestant England however had no such problems. Newton, had he lived in Italy would have been forced to denounce his claims, but in England he was free to say what he liked. Whereas Galileo who was in Italy had to give up his findings because of the Church on pain of death, and even then he was still imprisoned.
>>
>>1473114
Communism
>>
>>1473227
Fuck you christcuck. Rome fell divided because of Christianity and not your refisionist bullshit.
>>
Fucking isreal
>>
this thread
>>
>>1473767
Why not America?

Getting pushed all the way out of NK by a literal peasant army.
>>
>>1473114
England.
>>
>>1473493
no from /pol/ actually.
since when did commies believe in self determination?
>>
>>1473121

I'd say just the papacy and restrictions on usury. Without those Europe would've been more peaceful and entered into mercantilism and the age of discovery much sooner.
>>
>>1474030
I think the divide is because since protestants translated the bible into other languages it gave the protestant churches a reason to improve literacy and later, wider education for the masses.
>>
>>1474030
You are actually a fucking moron. Italy was a Peninsula of city states and the Papacy. Theres banking, people don't rely on the feudal system, but make money through trade and commerce. Living under the protection of the Pope was also a pretty sweet deal at times. People patronized art, literature, the sciences. Also, the fucking Renaissance happened in Italy, the Enlightenment was Western European in general.

England had huge iron and coal deposits, and they also perfected the Bessemer process.

The Catholic Church was a political institution and lazy wops can't be bothered to tell the Church to worry about itself. Every time someone brings up MUH SCIENCES WAS DISRUPTED BY THE CATHOLICKS I want them to shoot themselves in the goddamn face. Tell that to the fucking monks who hand copied original memes from antiquity so you can benefit from them today.
>>
The state and every political system
>>
>>1478820
You can undress and start eating from trees to live your wonderful utopia
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.