[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is gang culture a vestige if tribal mentality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 1469205208907.jpg (188KB, 905x664px) Image search: [Google]
1469205208907.jpg
188KB, 905x664px
Is gang culture a vestige if tribal mentality?
>>
Everything is, footbal, nationalism, preferring certain cars and being vegan.
>>
>>1473079
It's scale model nationalism.
>>
>>1473079
vestige? the tribal mentality is in large part instinct
>>
watch & mute this: youtu.be/2ckCe0qooFE?t=1m1s

audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BzqwOBneC4&feature=youtu.be&t=29s
>>
no, 'tribe mentality' is meaningless
>>
>>1473079
>XBox vs Playstation
>Mac vs PC
>Coke vs Pepsi
>Republican vs Democrat

You assign yourself to a tribe all the time.

It's why people go to great lengths to rationalize their candidates even when they hate them. Not to make this a political thing, but I know one guy who was vehemently anti-Trump, but since he won the nomination has started to appreciate the things he hated about him before.

Your brain will literally reorganize itself to protect your identity; that's why Coke drinkers prefer Pepsi , but only in blind tests - their brains will literally shut down the pleasure centers in their brain when they're conscious of drinking the "other" drink. People ignore information that contradicts their beliefs and seek out things that confirm their ideas.

Our tribal identities also grow when we can't overcome an obstacle by ourselves; people we hated suddenly become allies when we have no other choice. That's why the Soviets worked with Allies when they viewed each other as their greatest enemy up until Hitler upset the apple cart.
>>
>>1473139
that has nothing to do with tribes. kinship precedes tribes. people will just say 'tribes' to justify the most ridiculous shit. it has no factual basis
>>
>>1473144
yeah ok
>>
>>1473088
True, but things like nationalism and footbal are bit limited. Preference for certain cars/food choices are even more limited in their ability to influence a person's violent behavior.

Gang culture is not really vestige but simply a tribal mentality that plays itself due to perceived notion of self-preservation. Gang members either think their self-respect is earned or want to live with others who share similar criminal behaviors.
>>
>>1473146
k i n s h i p
>>
>>1473154
why would tribalism come into play with free association and consumption of products? tribes don't just organise based on taste
>>
>>1473079
Is this some new Pokemon Go meme to get dumb nerds shot by dindus?
>>
>>1473162
Tribes organise based on shared identity, that identity can be based on pretty much anything
>>
>>1473079
if you prefer something for any reason other than pure utility and necessity

then it's because of tribal mentality
>>
>>1473079
>black people
>tribal
TRIGGERED
but yeah, like pretty much every sort of group affiliation.
>>
>>1473109
this
>>
>>1473079
All ingroup-outgroup dynamics are vestiges of tribal mentality.
>>
>>1473079
It most certainly is.
>>1473127
Only to feminized betas like yourself, it goes to show how much of a need for it we still have despite living in such """great""" civilizations
>>
>>1473144
>Humans and monkeys lived in tribal groups for most their history
>somehow tribes don't mean anything due to cuck Mc numale here
>>
No. Tribes are essentially a really large family, mafias are closer to tribes. Gangs are just criminal gangs, whose tensions are primarily driven by economic competition; their mentality of association is closer to a religion than a tribe, except when you get excommunicated it means there's a hit out on you.
>>
No not really
"My clan against the enemy, my family against the clan, my brother and I against my family, myself against my brother."
>>
>>1473079
>vestige

No, it's a straight up manifestation of it. But then so are things like political [parties and religions, tribalism is very deeply rooted in our psyches.
>>
>>1475220
>their mentality of association is closer to a religion than a tribe, except when you get excommunicated it means there's a hit out on you.

So you be sayin
*smacks lips*
We wuz
Pontiff's an sheet??
>>
>>1475280
I was thinking more of Mexican gangs. Bloods and Crips don't have anything close to the centralization or code of honor that Nortenos or Southsiders have. Whites are also pretty together with their gangs.
>>
>>1475289
Ayyyy cabron
Su estas hablandos wey
Nostromos
*mariachis internally*
El pontifico y mierdas?!
>>
>>1475315
>mariachis
>Cholos are paisas
>"wey"
>not guey
>>
>>1475246
/thread
>>
>>1475325
Look m8 I'm just trying to have a giggle. But you're right I should learn some more proper Spanish.

[Spoiler]tu puta[/spoiler]
>>
>>1473079
Somewhat, however if you think about it has good parallels with feudalism so it is a bit more developed then you are giving it credit from.

It is about dividing profit making territory and then guarding it. Then subdividing it for more effective management. Now days most of the money that gangs make is not from selling drugs themselves but rather charging rent from 3rd party drug dealers to work parts of their 'land'.
>>
Not exceptionally, but yes.

Its more poverty culture though, most are just groups of friends.
>>
Literally being human is tribal
>>
>>1473154
>Gang members either think their self-respect is earned or want to live with others who share similar criminal behaviors.

In the areas that gangs are strong it is not just self respect that is earned but respect from near peers. They have a bit more money and a lot more friends then what others in the same age group around them have. They are also viewed by some as being brave for being criminals ( in those communities the view is LEO's authority is only based on force, and is not legitimate).

>live with others who share similar criminal behaviors.

It improves profit via scale of economy and by opening up larger possibilities.
>>
>>1475879
Didn't know there are gangs in low Earth orbit.
>>
>>1475882
Law Enforcement Officers.

Sorry I forgot which board I was on. On /K LEO is a commonly used term.
>>
>>1475211
Literally what does any of this have to do with cucks or nu males jesus.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.