[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt: we discuss the greatest empire in history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ottomans.jpg (77KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
ottomans.jpg
77KB, 720x718px
itt: we discuss the greatest empire in history
>>
nice retard map
>>
>>1473001
Terrible border aesthetics for a map wank fantasy.
>>
>>1473001
Iceland was part of the ottoman empire?!
>>
>>1473045
Oops I mean a caliphate
>>
>>1473001
This map has more liberal painting of unexplored or unadministrated areas than the usual British Empire maps.
>>
>>1473047
They raided there, capturing locals to save as slaves.
>>
>>1473001
why does the Ottoman have an adidas tracksuit?
>>
>>1473050
If we painted a map with all the areas a country has exerted any kind of power the political maps of the UK and the US would cover basically the whole world.
>>
>>1473001

Whole lot of empty desert you have there.
>>
>>1473061
The British Empire maps already do that, and nobody bats an eye.
>>
>>1473077
Your talking about India right?
Well yeah Britian never "Fully" controlled India , Only about half while the other half was to their Indian Allies
>>
>>1473097
That, and Canada as well, and parts of Africa.
basically all of the non-urbanized, or at least somewhat densely settled areas.
>>
>>1473105
>>1473097
I'd be very interested in seeing a map of "real control" for various empires and states.
I remember seeing one for modern Africa but I can't find it anymore.
>>
>>1473125
Basically take a regular map of the British Empire, and consider that they only control a small area around their port cities.
You'd be more or less correct.
Do this in Africa (but account for the railway and the Nile cities), Australia, Canada, India, China.

There is also the debate about the trade companies, since technically that wasn't the English State having control over the land, it was a private company, basically a business with a private army or hiring the state army as mercenaries occupying land.
Those are technicalities and looking at history from a modern view point though, so I won't bitch and moan too much. I just don't like bug blogs in jungles, deserts and tundra, as if anyone even knew what was there to begin with.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.