[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate History: What if Turkey had conquered all of Europe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: OttomanEmpireIn1683.png (369KB, 1966x1850px) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpireIn1683.png
369KB, 1966x1850px
I like the Turkish people. According to genetic analyses they have a genetic predisposition towards cognitive and behavioural inhibition, male philopatry, endogamy and friendship homophily.

And I also like their traditional family system, the patrilineal and patrilocal joint family.

What do you think would have happened if Ottomans had succeeded in conquering all of Europe? Would have history been different?
>>
Colonialism would have either happened sooner or later.

if sooner it would have been the catholic nobility escaping t north America and if later it would have been ottoman expeditions in the late 1700's to north America. the tech rate would be reduced significantly and currently it would appear as if it were the late 1800's
>>
>>1471425
Europe would have become an islamic shithole, but Europe is already in process of becoming an islamic shithole anyway.
>>
>>1471425
If the ottomans actually did it the new world would become far more important for the fleeing nobility.
Also I guess the stable government would be good for europe there wouldn't be shitshows like the 30 years war happening.
>>
>>1471425
if mehmed the conqueror or his good son had lived for longer he might have conquered the italian peninsula
other than that the "ifs" are impossible to predict, ottoman empire started to become a shithole when sultan yavuz took up the mantle of the islamic caliphate and brought a bunch of sunni arab missionaries to constantinople
>>
File: jannisaries in combat.jpg (381KB, 800x805px) Image search: [Google]
jannisaries in combat.jpg
381KB, 800x805px
>>1471425
There would be a lot of Janissaries... a lot. There would be some kind of massive civil war involving the various Janissary Corps. fighting one another.

There would be tons of Islamic "Caliphates" influenced by what was once Christian Europe. Rome would still be the center of nostalgic attention, and Mecca would be the busiest city on Earth from literally every continent in the old world having a majority Muslim population.
>>
Ottomans, like most muslim empires, where fucked over more by internal issues than foreign adversity (every Euro's ass they kick they kick themselves twice as hard).

so I have doubt they would ever be able to
>>
>>1471425
It would have been shallow and fallen apart due to the horrendous administrative burden
It would however lead to a near global balkan style hatred of kebab, as well as a spread of technology by accident
>>
>>1472383
It depends if the Ottomans were really hellbent on conversion. Certainly that was an end goal, but they tended not to 'convert by sword' in Europe too much. Certainly not with vassal states. That creates the obvious problem of drawn out insurrections. Of course, you'd have converts-of-convenience because any important institution of power (political, military, wealth, education) would be closed to non-muzzies. So yea, I could see many convert-armies of Janissaries coming into play. Could have descended into regional warlords vying for power. A lot of Euro converts would also have less respect for Asiatic traditions, so it would have certainly influenced Islam as well. Thus, relatively permissive Eurocentric fiqh (approach to Islamic law) would have likely developed as well.

Honestly, I have trouble believing the Ottomans could've ever conquered all of (western/northern) Europe. Even assuming some Ottoman Euro-army made up of snowballing conquered states.
>>
As alluded to by previous posts, it wouldn't go well. The Ottomans were basically great for like the first two generations and then everything fell apart as the "empire" was pretty decentralized. It was basically an empire in name and taxes only, the various deys and viziers within the empire fucked each other over willy nilly and generally did whatever the fuck they wanted for as long as it went on. So you've got all that multiplied by the size of Europe. It'd be all the squabbling shit that went on in the HRE but more so and with crescents instead of crosses.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.