[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simon Bolivar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Captura.jpg (30KB, 323x376px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
30KB, 323x376px
the biggest traitor of Spain

really makes you think
>>
>>1469779
Explain?
>>
File: libert.jpg (19KB, 257x348px) Image search: [Google]
libert.jpg
19KB, 257x348px
>>1469779
u mad?
>>
>>1469779
Francisco de Miranda was cooler.
>>
Any good books about this guy and the independence campaign in general? Only read so far the shit they gave us in school.
>>
San Martin was a bigger traitor since he was a Spanish soldier who even fought in Bailen against the Napoleonic troops.
>>
File: 9780140157437-uk-300.jpg (33KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
9780140157437-uk-300.jpg
33KB, 300x465px
>>1470179
it´s fiction but quite good
>>
>>1470241
>Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Trash, just like 100 años de soledad
>>
>George Washington
>the biggest traitor of Great Britain
>really makes you think
>>
>>1470277
they arent trash in any way, but I wouldnt recommend it as a history book. /his/ has awful taste in literature, edgy memers.

to OP, in Argentina it is pretty much accepted nowadays that San Martín was an English agent and mason who was following this plan,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maitland_Plan
but I dont think modern books that reflect such hystoriography have been translated into English.
>>
>>1469779
Bolivar actually saw the independence as the best outcome of the region,and then regreteted. San Martín was way worse amd way more greedy.
>>
>>1470378
> San Martin
> greedy
Dude he was the best commander of the independence, with a big army behind him and prestige enough to make himself supreme dictator. Yet he didn´t seized power because he didn´t care about politics. He refused to get involved in internal strife.
>>
>>1470394
That doesnt make him not greedy. He fought for his own interests amd didnt really cared about how it would have affected his country.
>>
>>1470127
This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>1470410
>Fought fot the Spanish Empire
>Fought for the American independence
>Fucked Catherine the Great
>Fought for the French Revolution
>Fought for the Latin America independence
>Died in prison

Fun life for sure.
>>
Actually just finished reading a compilation / translation of his letters and addresses called El Libertador. Was pretty good. Hadn't heard much of him in school because for some reason anything South of Texas isn't worth teaching.

His pessimism in his later years is shocking. I mean justifiably bitter but my God. However I respected the hell out of him.

How do people generally feel about him though? Great leader? Important to colonial American political ideology? What's this guy's legacy?
>>
File: 1391053198904.png (274KB, 372x420px) Image search: [Google]
1391053198904.png
274KB, 372x420px
>>1469779
>>1470329
Why did these lowlives betray their motherlands? Human greed truly knows no bounds.
>>
>>1470217
Bolivar was a coronel of the spanish army
>>
>>1470464
>died in prison because of Simon "I'll stab you in the back" Bolivar
>>
File: 18114rbpvv342jpg.jpg (1MB, 2510x1409px) Image search: [Google]
18114rbpvv342jpg.jpg
1MB, 2510x1409px
>>1470593
We disowned your little shit rock islands for greener pastures.
>>
>>1470694
Eat a dick Ameritrash
>>
>>1470554
>How do people generally feel about him though?
He is revered as a Demi-god in Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Panama and Venezuela, especially the latter.
>>
>>1470464
The guy was friends with basically every notable political/philosophical figure of his day.
>>
>>1471143
Yet he accomplished nothing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.