[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

existentialism thread 2.0 w/ better picture this time. i hope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: kierkesloth.png (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kierkesloth.png
29KB, 800x600px
existentialism thread 2.0 w/ better picture this time. i hope this makes you happy /his/
>>
>>1467187
Philosophy is merely the expression of the desire to relate to someone else and to foster a sense of comradery.
It is a form of therapy for the writer.
>>
>>1467208
And not the reader?
>>
>>1467231
Tricked into reading something, I guess.
>>
File: Tipper.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
Tipper.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>1467231
Not if the readers are enlightened by their own intelligence such as myself.
>>
>>1467208
well, yeah. there are no removed perspectives or truly rational beings. we do things for our emotional states. anyone who says otherwise is probably lying to themselves
>>
>>1467208
I think philosophy is the act of pretending to have hope, in the hope that somebody else will hear your assertions and confirm them.
>>
>>1467208
>>1467397
>>1467422
*tips fedora*
>>
>>1467473
Hey, not as bad as
>>1467240
>>
>>1467422
lel, this could apply to absolutely every proposition expressed in all fields of knowledge

tl;dr think harder
>>
>>1467492
It's worse, because that guy was being ironic. The others are being serious.
>>
>>1467542
This is how to be a philosopher. Take a tautology and reword it into a slightly obscure phrasing. Then, say in a hopeful tone a voice that implies what you have said is a cure for weltschmerz.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
>>1467208

>It has gradually become clear to me what every great philosophy up till now has consisted of--namely, the confession of its originator, and a species of involuntary and unconscious auto-biography; and moreover that the moral (or immoral) purpose in every philosophy has constituted the true vital germ out of which the entire plant has always grown. Indeed, to understand how the abstrusest metaphysical assertions of a philosopher have been arrived at, it is always well (and wise) to first ask oneself: "What morality do they (or does he) aim at?"
>>
>>1467588
>I don't understand philosophy
>>
>>1467622
Philosophy is a bit of a weasel word in that it refers to two unrelated fields. Analytic philosophy is a mystical branch of linguistics. What I'm talking about is Continental philosophy, which is primarily concerned with finding a cure for weltschmerz.
>>
>>1467638
>>Analytical philosophy is a mysti-
Right.
Do you know what a tautology is, by the way? Because it sure looks like you don't, considering you're claiming that all philosophy is tautological.

Also please prove that all philosophy written (excluding ''mystical analytic philosophy'') is aimed at curing weltschmerz.
>>
>>1467577
I don't see that anything they're saying is *too* far from the truth. It's not nearly nihilistic and/or self-praising to be fedora level.
>>
>>1467638
continental philosophy isn't really primarily concerned with anything. nobody can agree on what it means, other than that continental philosophers tend to be like and from the same areas as nietzsche, kierkegaard, heidegger, sartre, etc.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.