[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on esoteric Christianity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (117KB, 467x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 467x640px
Thoughts on esoteric Christianity?
>>
File: image.jpg (430KB, 1447x1897px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430KB, 1447x1897px
>>1463650
>esoteric Christianity
Such as?

See:
"De hominis dignitate" (Oration On The Dignity Of Man)(1486)) by 23 year old Giovanni Pico della Mirandola (1463-1494)

Is this what you had in mind?
>>
File: pepeline.png (4KB, 412x414px) Image search: [Google]
pepeline.png
4KB, 412x414px
another spook
>>
>>1463650
Like Rosicrucianism?
>>
>>1463816
Yes
>>
>>1463665
This. Although all humanities are spooks desu senpai.
>>
>>1463846
Aight. It's pretty good. Nothing really beats unrestricted learning within context.
>>
It goes beyond the materialistic and superficial teachings of the Bible, and interprets it correctly.
The biggest example is the Last Judgement, which is extremely poorly understood by most Christians.
How can an all-loving God throw you into the pit of fire eternally?
Salvation is for everyone as God loves each and every one of us, regardless of our sins.
We will keep evolving and living countless lives until we realize God.
It's simple logic, and the best thing that has ever happened to Christianity. I wish more people understood it
>>
>>1466268
This.
The commonly misunderstood teaching about the judgement day never made any sense for me. It's the reason I started studying more on this. The final judgement is in all ways a really complicated event that represents a universal salvation.
>>
>>1466268

>How can an all-loving God throw you into the pit of fire eternally?

Are you saying he can't? Cause that would be heresy.

Think about it, he's omnipotent. There isn't anything he can't do.

>We will keep evolving and living countless lives until we realize God.

heresy.

>God loves each and every one of us, regardless of our sins.

True.

>Salvation is for everyone

heresy

Listen, consider people who DO NOT WANT TO BE SAVED dude. They would rather go to hell than be with God, because they hate him. They can choose eternal separation and oblivion.
>>
>>1463650

Makes more sense than literalist versions.
>>
I posted it in this thread. >>1466045
But anyone ever had a look at when God was personally involved? So recent, up to date?
>>
File: Louis-claude-saint-martin.gif (122KB, 400x582px) Image search: [Google]
Louis-claude-saint-martin.gif
122KB, 400x582px
>It is true that women may be virgins, and that is the torment of the fivefold point.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1466354
I don't think you understand what I meant by "can". God is omnipotent but He IS pure love.
God loves us, why would He make us suffer for eternity?
Spiritual awakening will take place in every one of us. At the moment we are evolving in a materialistic manner.
This does not mean God will force us into believing in His salvation. It is bound to happen naturally.
And rebirths are hinted everywhere in the Bible. You live once and you are judged by the universal law of Karma, which is a consequence of our gift (the free will) which also influences the quality of your next life, making the separation from God bigger or smaller.
John the Baptist is referred as Elijah several times. This is again, simple logic.
I know Karma and rebirths are incompatible with your idiotic mind, but give it some thought, will ya? "Heresy" is as an easy word to say when you don't understand jackshit.
>>
File: why cant i eat all this planet.jpg (286KB, 704x900px) Image search: [Google]
why cant i eat all this planet.jpg
286KB, 704x900px
>>1466425
>The universe is even as a great temple; the stars are its lights, the earth is its altar, all corporeal beings are its holocausts, and man, the priest of the Eternal, offers the sacrifices.
>>
>>1466427
>And rebirths are hinted everywhere in the Bible.

go ahead and sauce me

>John the Baptist is referred as Elijah several times. This is again, simple logic.

I think you're projecting your personal beliefs onto the book. People clearly considered John to be a prophet and some thought he was the messiah.

Also karma is not a jewish concept. This is another foreign idea that you are attempting to attribute to the descendants of Abraham without justification.
>>
>>1466558

That is something I've always wondered about. In the NT it mentions people think Jesus might be Elijah (or something like that), but... how? Did Jewish people at that time believe in a kind of reincarnation?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.