[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fascist Italy/Italian Social Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Cartolina_Ritorneremo.jpg (156KB, 617x889px) Image search: [Google]
Cartolina_Ritorneremo.jpg
156KB, 617x889px
I want to learn more about the topic title. Specifically its leadership, internal supporters, and especially its order of succession. I can not for the life of me find out who would have succeeded Mussolini as the Duce. My torrent of Mussolini: The Untold Story is taking its sweet old time.

I'm an alt-his writer who spends a very large amount of time learning the real history. Both because I enjoy it, consider the preservation of history to be imperative, and because I like my stories not sounding like 12 year old fanfiction or blue pill rhetoric.

Thanks in advance for any pointers where to look or information provided.
>>
Fascism bibliography: http://pastebin.com/y0N0Ximk
>>
>>1463625
You should watch documentaries about Fascist Italy before the 21th century when it all went. "MUSSOLINI WAS INCOMPETENT ITALIAN ARMY SUCK MEME XDDDD"

Can someone explain this? How come documentaries about Fascist Italy made in the '20-'50 actually aknowledge and sometime endorsed Fascism, while also pointing out its flaws and Mussolini's shortcommings? What the fuck happened.

Anyway here are some intresting American films about Italy in the 30's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtTCHQCDlNU

Another great documentary that tells about its leaders and its suppoters, but also how it came to power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAtWxTipt0o
>>
>>1464209
>Can someone explain this? How come documentaries about Fascist Italy made in the '20-'50 actually aknowledge and sometime endorsed Fascism, while also pointing out its flaws and Mussolini's shortcommings? What the fuck happened.
Mussolini did this fascism thing before it was cool.

People like Churchill were about as antisemitic and anticommunist as Hitler was and found his way to be the antidote.
>>
File: Italy get it together.jpg (986KB, 2170x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Italy get it together.jpg
986KB, 2170x1450px
>>1464209
>You should watch documentaries about Fascist Italy before the 21th century when it all went. "MUSSOLINI WAS INCOMPETENT ITALIAN ARMY SUCK MEME XDDDD"

That "meme" goes back to the 1940s, and really before with Italy in general. They've always been a military joke.
>>
>>1464233
>K/D ratio
You do realise that the high number of casualties in the Italian army was seen as proof of Italy's determination and the moral of the troops right?

>That "meme" goes back to the 1940s
You can't expect people who lived back then to have the same view as us, considering we can actually study the past.

Germany feared and Italian Invasion when they tried to size Austria the first time, and Britain saw the Italian Navy as a real threat.

If they saw the Italian Army as a joke I think no one would try to appease Mussolini as much as the powers of Europe did just to get them on their side. Counting both world wars.
>>
>>1464262
>K/D ratio
You brought that up, Strawman

>You can't expect people who lived back then to have the same view as us
Well they viewed Italy even more poorly, as they were living in the eras when Italy was militarily embarrassing itself against all takers.
>>
>>1464233
>posting the Isonzo battles with no context

you realize the Isonzo river was the only chokepoint between the Alps and the Adriatic? naturally every battle is going to be bottlenecked to that one location.

that said, the Italians were still strong enough to stand against Austria-Hungary and Germany and still come out on top. The military joke meme comes from the lack of natural resources Italy has to wage a long world-scale war.

but I digress.
>>
>>1464359
The image you posted literally only tells about the K/D ratio. If it wasn't why would Italian victories be in it?
>>
>>1464472
I hope you're simply pretending to be dumb. Where does the American obsession with K/D ratio come from?
>>
>>1464395
>you realize
Apparently Italy didn't.

>that said, the Italians were still strong enough to stand against Austria-Hungary and Germany and still come out on top
Wow that is some moronic analysis. The reality is that Italy's full national strength was unable to overcome a weakened Austria-Hungary already focusing on two more important fronts, and Italy only "came out on top" after losing so disastrously at Caporetto that they were reinforced by Allied troops from more successful nations. The military meme joke is rooted in the fact modern Italy has been an utter joke in virtually all its conflicts, from being whipped by Abyssinia to bumbling against the Habsburg to surrendering in unfathomably massive numbers in North Africa to Britain.

Instead of digressing next time crack open a history book.
>>
>>1465078
>apparently Italy didnt

If your reasoning is Cadorna=Italy then yes, but that would also imply some degree of retardment on your side.
Sometimes you get a competent Hogh Command, sometimes you get a backwards retard the likes of Cadorna.
>>
>>1463625
>I can not for the life of me find out who would have succeeded Mussolini as the Duce

If not for his untimely death, it would have been Italo Balbo
>>
>>1465069
Call of duty
>>
>>1466626
You put me on the right track anon, thanks.

I'm currently looking at Renato Ricci. He seems a good candidate except that he died in 1956, and I can't find out how. If it was a non-natural causes then I can write around it, but if he died of cancer then I'm fucked.
>>
>>1463625

Il Duce wrote an article for the Encyclopedica Italia called "The Doctrine of Fascism". Might be worth a read, as it is the only time he himself defined the ideology.
>>
>>1467122
Good reading, found a copy. Thanks. http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Germany/mussolini.htm

In other news; I have found my man. Alessandro Pavolini. He was made head of the Republican Fascist Party in 1943 when it was created. He's the best candidate to succeed Mussolini after his passing of old age or other causes.
>>
>>1465069
I am not the one caring about K/D ratio m8
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.