[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Germany has historically made the worst allies they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: prussia.png (203KB, 1501x901px) Image search: [Google]
prussia.png
203KB, 1501x901px
How come Germany has historically made the worst allies they could conceivably make given the diplomatic resources of the given time period?
>>
I mean, they kind of had to ally themselves with central european meme countries like Austria-Hungary due to the similar circumstances of being sandwiched between France and the Russian Empire.

One has to wonder why they didn't become homies with the Brits. Was it because the Germans wanted to establish an overseas empire too, and the Germans' ambitions for a huge warfleet to support/protect that empire made the British empire feel uneasy?

People who are more familiar with the era; why didn't the Krauts and Limeys buttfuck each other?
>>
>>1462338
They had a good thing going with Russia for a long time, the Holy Alliance/League of three emperors.
>>
>>1462377
>trusting the British
Yeah because that turned out well for everyone who did it.
Also because Britain had an antagonistic disposition towards Germany's increasing industry.

Don't forget Wilhelm II completely fucking over Bismarck's web of diplomacy.
>>
>>1462377
Basically, Britain got super butthurt because a united Germany was a massive industrial and military power. This threw a wrench in the British strategy of making sure there is no one major continental power, particularly in the center of Europe. Germany used those industrial power to establish a global presence, meaning they could eventually rival the Empire.

Finally, British naval doctrine called for a fleet the size if there next two strongest powers. Willy wanted to build a fleet to protect German colonies and to ensure German dominance in the Baltic. Note that he did not want, and realistically could not build, a larger fleet than the UK, but it made it difficult for Britain to maintain its 2:1 ratio.

tl;dr The eternal Anglo strikes again
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.