[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiregional Hypothesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: with Sahelanthropus.jpg (550KB, 684x900px) Image search: [Google]
with Sahelanthropus.jpg
550KB, 684x900px
Is it a viable idea, or is it more speculation than fact?
>>
depends what you mean by it. humans evolving separately from apes on different continents? definitely no. but there does seem to be indicators that the different homo erectus populations were exchanging genes with each other more than we knew and thus were still able to interbreed with homo sapiens when they left africa.
>>
>>1461585
So you're more the Assimilation idea then?
>>
Is there anybody who believes this shit who isn't some kind of racial supremacist. I've seen similar theories from whacked out asians trying to claim they are separate from all other humans. I can't think of a reason to buy this unless I have a vested interest in feeling superior to others.
>>
>>1461600
There's Milford Wolpoff (guy next to the ape statue). I think most educated individuals try to make the distinction between MTR theory and racial polyphyletism, whicb is what you are most likely referring to.
>>
>>1461609
So there's actually some evidence for it, and some amount of clout to the hypothesis? I've only ever seen people, at least on the internet, as a justification for hating black people, or abos, or whomever. But you are right, that Wolpoff guy seems like a guy who has been unfairly linked to racial supremacists because they twist his ideas to fit their narrative.
>>
File: r600196_3902007.jpg (74KB, 549x840px) Image search: [Google]
r600196_3902007.jpg
74KB, 549x840px
>>1461644
I feel like most of the evidence for MTR is some gaps that OOA can't explain. I think they used Mungo Man for a while, but recent Mit DNA studies show it was within the range of modern Aborigines.
>>
Hardly any evidence, lots of retards trying to make a point on how they can't possible share ancestors with people who look different.

Africa as we know it didn't even exist. Had the earth's rotation been slightly different, everybody in europe would have darker skin color as it's proven to be a reaction to radiation.
>>
>>1461554
>Multiregional Hypothesis
>Is it a viable idea?
Nope, its pseudoscience by now...
>>
There are only two solid (ish) definitions in biology.

Species and genus.

If two animals can reproduce together, they are of the same species.

If two animals are both descended from the same individual, they are of the same genus.

Every definition above and below these is fuzzy.
>>
>>1461837
>as it's proven to be a reaction to radiation.
ultra-violet rays. not radiation.
>>
>>1463277
Anon, ultra violet rays is also a radiation.
>>
>>1463277

>ultra violet rays, not radiation
>UV rays
>not radiation

Anon, I...
>>
>>1463308
>>1463316
they aren't
>>
>>1463450
Ultraviolet (UV) is an electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength from 10 nm (30 PHz) to 380 nm (750 THz)
>>
Genetic evidence blows the multiregional hypothesis out of the water. There were waves of migration, latter waves absorbed most of the previous waves inhabitants genetic diversity. The most genetically distinct people on the planet are several isolated groups in Africa, followed by australian and papuan aboriginals. That's about as close as you're going to get to form separate species, but we consider neanderthals a separate species yet were able to breed with them so hands in the fucking air.

We share a common ancestor with neanderthals around half a million years ago, and there are isolated african peoples that have remained for the most part genetically distinct for 2-300,000 years.

If there were nothing but skeletons left of the pygmies, we would consider them a separate species, and they aren't even as distinct as some peoples.

Multiregional hypothesis is absolutely retarded for anyone who educates themselves even a little bit, it's not even worth talking about which is why I bring up some interesting information on determining race.

Sorry, whites+middle easterns+asians+native americans are pretty fucking similar.
>>
>>1463483
>but we consider neanderthals a separate species yet were able to breed with them so hands in the fucking air
With great difficulty, it seems only male neanderthal and female sapiens pairs actually produced viable/fertile offspring to pass their genes on. We were able to interbreed the same way tigers and lions or horses and donkeys can.

>there are isolated african peoples that have remained for the most part genetically distinct for 2-300,000 years.
That's pushing the very upper limits of when sapiens existed at all. As far as I remember even the most isolated groups in south Asia haven't been separated for that long. Source?
>>
>>1463554
>only male neanderthal and female sapient
NEANDERTHAL'D
>>
>>1463554
>male neanderthal and female sapiens
I thought it was the other way around?

I remember this being explained by higher mortality rates between male neanderthal and human female, as Homo sapiens would not have a wide enough birth canal to push out fat-headed hybrids safely. On the other hand, it would be easier for a Neanderthal woman to birth a hybrid as it would actually be smaller and less dangerous than a pureblood Neanderthal infant.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.