[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here read these books in chronological order? Was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Has anyone here read these books in chronological order? Was it a good read? Did you learn anything from them?

I might try it, i`ve read a large portion of the bible but never any of the other books.
>>
Don't read Koran, Mormon, or new world
They are written by Satan
>>
>>1459251
I`m not particularly religious but i believe you can find knowledge and morals in holy books.
>>
>>1459256
Then why would you read the book of Mormon or the prophecies of Muhammad?
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 132x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 132x200px
>>1459244
Yes, but not in chronological order.

If you read the "New World Translation Of The Holy Scriptures" (3rd Ed. 2013 Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) read it for its exclusive use of "Jehovah" in the 6,800 times that YHWH (the Tetragrammaton) appears in the Old Testament (instead of LORD in all caps). It changes the feel of the OT when the personal name of God is used consistently. (see Appendix A4)
Even though it is not their intent, it also makes the differences in the JEDP sources in the Torah jump out at you.
>inb4 it is otherwise a mediocre translation.

I will not discuss The Book of Mormon. It is what it is.

Before you read the Quran, read "After the Prophet" (2009) by Lesley Hazleton. It provides a narrative of the Sunni Shi'a
schism immediately following the death of the prophet.

There is wisdom in the Quran. It is up to you to make up your own mind.
>>
I was raised Mormon and I would recommend the book. It has some pretty good stories and is an odd take on 19th century Christianity in America.
>>
File: 1469431925716s.jpg (12KB, 151x180px) Image search: [Google]
1469431925716s.jpg
12KB, 151x180px
>>1459244
fixed
>>
>>1459244
How can anyone put The Book of Mormon in the same league as the Big Three?

Regardless of what you believe, it is objective fact that the Torah, New Testament and the Quran occupy an entirely different realm of influence than any other holy text.

It's like telling people to watch all four Indiana Jones.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.