[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sociology and Crime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1454432356831.gif (4MB, 485x342px) Image search: [Google]
1454432356831.gif
4MB, 485x342px
What causes "brute crime" rates?

I'm not talking about theft, but really weird stuff like mothers that kill their children per 100 000 citizens, or machette homicide.
I have noticed there is great correlation with race, but even when you compare two identical ethnic groups there are disparities - for example, Tokyo pedophilia rates when compared with San Francisco's Japan town pedophilia rate.

Another question I'd like to raise is, can economic development really affect it?

I have researched data for both India and the USA, and it seems that the crime rates of these two countries have been pratically inaltered ever since the 1940s, even though the economy of both has undergone several changes trough the course of this time period.
>>
>>1457886
>mothers that kill their children per 100 000 citizens, or machette homicide

Those seem like two extremely different things...
>>
You've come up with a definition that is impossible to measure or compare.
>>
File: image.gif (45KB, 227x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
45KB, 227x341px
>>1457886
Read "The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life" (1994) by Richard J. Herrnstein & Charles Murray.
>>
>>1457920
Fuck off back to /pol/
>>
Deciding crime is something that exists is the only thing that results in any kind of crime rates.

This is all abstract subjective nonsense I'm not sure why you're trying to form some kind of algorithm out of it. Mothers kill less babbies in abrahamic-religious areas because it's a sin and babies have souls in such places. This being a crime is nothing objective, and it everything to do with cultural practices and nothing to do with race, even if morality was objective.
>>
>>1458217
The Bell Curve is not necessarily /pol/-tier garbage, but it could be interpreted as such. A simpleton /pol/lock would interpret the the findings as vindication for white supremacy. However when you consider the economic conditions of many African-Americans, as well as the standard of education they have access to, it's no surprise there's an IQ gap. Anyone who is not a complete moron can figure out that class has more to do with intelligence than race, hence the title.
>>
>>1458964
Oh please.

North Korea and Vietnam are complete shitholes. Their national IQ average is well above 100.

Botswana is the most wealthy and stable subsaharan african country. It's national IQ average is between 70 and 80.

Your argument is invalid.

But let's be honest, that doesn't really matter.

Next thing you'll say something about how IQ tests are inherently racist.
>>
File: Patriotaque (98).jpg (109KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
Patriotaque (98).jpg
109KB, 800x585px
>>1459054
> Their national IQ average is well above 100.
> Believing commie statistics
Could as well be above 1000
>>
>>1459054
I bet you believe the North Korean claims that Kim Jong Il invented golf and they have a 100% literacy rate too.
>>
>>1459070
>>1459079
It stands to reason that their average IQ is well above 100 based purely on the fact that they are East Asian.

Unless you're arguing that less than a century of communist rule has had a dysgenic effect on their populations?
>>
>>1459098
So is their IQ corelated to their race then?
>>
>>1459156
Yep.
Asians are, on average, one standard deviation higher than Caucasians.
>>
>>1459070
>>1459079
Even if you completely ignore North Korea, you still have Vietnam and other countless Eastern Asian shitholes. Can you answer the question, why is it that underdeveloped Laos has an IQ higher than rich Botswana, with a difference of over 35 points on average?
These are UN numbers by the way. Even for North Korea.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.