[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the fundamental human experience ever changed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: neolithic-farmers.jpg (55KB, 610x350px) Image search: [Google]
neolithic-farmers.jpg
55KB, 610x350px
Has the fundamental human experience ever changed?
>>
>>1455928
Not overly. The two biggest changes are the creation of civilisation/cities and the internet encouraging restricted face to face interaction.
>>
Personally, I believe that technology is primarily just an accelerant. The fundamental experience is and will remain the same. Only the scale of societies and the speed at which processes happen changes.
>>
>>1455928
Yes but only very recently and in particular parts of the world.

And even then it's mostly about physical access to resources and amenities. But in order to attain this we've sacrificed social and spiritual aspects of our societies.

It's not an enormous change and people are still fundamentally the same but we live different lives for sure.
>>
For what it's worth, no, because your experience will never change.

But compare 1000 to 2000. Both times were inhabited by humans, but the worlds were such different places. Surely the human experience shifts with the aging society.

But there do seem to be some quintessential human elements that stand the test of time. Though, we do not reach this information by means of experience. We just read it, or hear of it, and process it in an experience already tainted by 21st century thought.
>>
Our genes haven't changed much, we merely satiate our desires to different degrees.

Life is less laborious, but our sense of belonging and purpose has been obliterated. Unless your goal in life is hedonism you are viewed as a weirdo, some will view you as a creep as though the fact you are different means you might turn out to be a serial killer. Diogenes, Descartes, Isaac Newton, all these brilliant eccentrics in the past would have been objects of hate.
>>
>>1456002
Really?
That sort odlf weirdos are either always viwed with pity or interest wherw i am, never hate. The only ones i know who are vieved with hate are the ones acting antisocial or doung nothing but leeching of society, maybe our places just are that different?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.