[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: mcnamara_old.jpg (23KB, 525x294px) Image search: [Google]
mcnamara_old.jpg
23KB, 525x294px
Was it autism?
>>
>>1449641
McNamara was basically a giant autist. He was a logistics man, who could calculate how to produce cars the best or calculate where to hit to destroy German industry the fastest. What he couldn't calculate however, was how to break the will of a few thousand starving Vietnamese Peasants.
>>
>>1449641
Also, anybody who parts their hair that carefully is clearly autistic.
>>
>>1449641
Pls respond
>>
>>1449641

McNamara was definitely right about some things and definitely wrong about some other things.

The way he handled Vietnam was just terrible.

The reforms he made to the military as a whole were generally pretty good.

But the stuff in Vietnam was just awful.
>>
>>1449641
>muh pure hard numbers
yes, definitely autism.
>>
>too smart for American public
M-muh autism

Sounds right with how Americans treat their intellectuals with disdain
>>
>>1450524
if he was so smart how come he couldn't unfuck Vietnam?
>muh k/d ratio
>muh tonnage of ordnance dropped
A U T I S M
>>
>>1450531
You believe dropping more troops and indiscriminately bombing everything would've fixed it?

Explain your fix
>>
>>1450538
No, I'm saying the opposite.
>>
>>1450548
He was fired for suggesting the US should back off.

If you're talking about early war phase, stop. It's called fog of war for a reason.
>>
>>1450568
>not even bothering to learn about the context surrounding the war
>focusing on abstract numbers like body count and meaningless ratios

The man was the definition of an autist
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.