[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1468993281878.jpg (153KB, 996x560px) Image search: [Google]
1468993281878.jpg
153KB, 996x560px
Has anybody had a go at writing their own book?
>>
>>1446678
Yeah i never got past the planning stage.
>>
>>1446681
What was it about?
>>
>>1446678
this >>1446681

i have too many ideas
>>
>>1446685
A scifi book where aging is cured.
>>
>>1446681
>>1446694
Here's a tip: Don't build your whole world at the start, but built it as you write. Don't think through the backgrounds of every character and location; write them as the story progresses
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
I always think of interesting things that haven't really been covered and would love to do it some day. I'll not give away my list of topics with room to work with. One of which though is Robert the Bruce's brother, Edward Bruce, and his campaign in Ireland to become High King of Ireland.
>>
>>1446678
Nope. The closest thing I am doing is writing a historical fiction blog about famous people I'm currently reading about.
>>
>>1446678
>>>/lit/
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 500x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 500x606px
I'd love to write a book about parasites and their role in history. It would definitely be a casual read, but I would love to do it once I become established in the scientific community
>>
>>1447488
I've kind of had an idea along these lings. Writing a fictional account of the events surrounding the Burgundian marraige. It is on the back burner right now since I am halfway through my current book though.
>>
I wrote a book with 2 co-authors. It was a multi-year process with lots of research.

Now I've started an outline and research for the military career of Jean Thurel, from then War of Polish Succession to the rise of Napoleon.

Sometimes It can feel like a job where you are at an office of your creation, and there are no co-workers.
>>
>>1448247
What was the first one about?
>>
>>1448247
It was a sort of encyclopedia of real-life actions that the reader can do randomly.
>>
This looks like an alt history flag where Canada becomes a theocracy worshiping some guy.
>>
File: gasp.jpg (873KB, 3718x2092px) Image search: [Google]
gasp.jpg
873KB, 3718x2092px
>>1446678
Word count is a pretty good standard to judge your progress by. 8000 words is my general rule of thumb for what you could reasonably make 'sellable' if your aim was profit/marketability.

It's not super hard to churn out 2000 words a day if you can keep yourself hype about your idea. Just make sure you know when to give it a break so you don't burn out.

[spoiler] i'm working on a story about a simple veteran who roams the post-vietnam united states and solves ALL of his problems with casual murder

makes a friend out of a store owner, hears his woes about the competition, shoots the other guy in the head, watches the fallout with little understanding of what bad it did and hits the road again [/spoiler]
>>
>>1446678
>Has anybody had a go at writing their own book?

I'm trying to right now. It's so painful to get words on paper and like them.
>>
i have a first chapter of a novella im writing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.