[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 21

File: vikings_show.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vikings_show.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
How accurate is this show?
>>
Isn't one of the characters supposed to be all the way from China
>>
>>1445382
Accurate? Nope.
>>
>>1445384
I think that character is a slave I guess it's technically possible if highly unlikely for a Chinese person to end up in Europe through trading routes.
>>
last season was garbage, with floki tied up in the cave and the water.....

that shit is an urban legend

vikings usually outlawed people instead of executing them.
>>
>>1445390

would have been more accurate if it was a black or arab, or even an eskimo
>>
File: ragnarwp.jpg (422KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ragnarwp.jpg
422KB, 2560x1600px
>>1445382
Its like the movie "TROY" or "GLADIATOR" in so much that it is inspired by the mythology of a cultures heroes, and psuedo-injection of real history to authenticate the narrative.
>>
File: IVARRagnar.jpg (115KB, 1301x365px) Image search: [Google]
IVARRagnar.jpg
115KB, 1301x365px
>>1445426
Vikings is a SAGA. its sad, violent and badass all in one. Its NOT a meme show, and the characters are all really well developed.

Season one- is paganism
Season two- is christianity
Season Three- the conversion
Season 4 - athiesim(turn to drugs) and backwards return to zealotry.

its tells the bullet points of "viking" culture in a single, cohesive story.

"THE GREAT HEATHEN ARMY" is the coming season 4B & S5 are about.
>>
It's mostly historically accurate as far as I can tell. In that there aren't trolls or dwarves or anything. The technology and general flow of events seems somewhat possible. A lot of the major political events depicted in the show actually happened, but maybe not with the specific actions or characters involved.

The protagonist, Ragnar Lothbrok was supposedly a real person, but the recorded history of the man is scant, and he's a semi-mythical figure. He's most famous for many lords claiming him as an ancestor hundreds of years later as one of the first great Viking leaders to make excursions across the sea. It's possible he never really existed (as has been suggested of other historical figures i.e. Jesus or Socrates), but I'd guess he was a real guy but a lot was made up about him later.

In the show, his brother is Rollo, who was also a real person as well, but was historically not Ragnar's actual brother. Also Paris was laid siege in real life and the show, but the exact events are also somewhat unknown. The result of the French paying the Vikings silver to leave though has been accepted historically.
>>
>>1445483
>In that there aren't trolls or dwarves or anything.
>implying those aren't real
>>
>>1445382
It's a joke and should be treated as being entirely fictional
>>
>>1445382
>How accurate is this show?

Clothing and armour as well as some of the weapons are not accurate. The leather biker armour is not right, I think crossbows are a little too prevalent.
>>
Not accurate at all. The dates are all fucked up. Ragnar (if he truly was real), Rollo and the raiding of Lindisfarne are each from separate centuries.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00003.jpg (210KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00003.jpg
210KB, 1280x738px
>>1445382
>How accurate is this show?

Not in the least...
>>
File: S04E07-00002.jpg (243KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
S04E07-00002.jpg
243KB, 1280x738px
>>1445538
>I think crossbows are a little too prevalent.

Crossbows on the show are essentially AK-47s.
>>
File: S04E07-00001.jpg (203KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
S04E07-00001.jpg
203KB, 1280x738px
>>1445822
>>
>>1445824
was there CGI to make this more impressive, or is that really the final product?

You could easily take down that fort(?), just send some men ashore out of range of the archers and trade shots with them until they run out of men. With that many boats, you could easily rain arrows on them when they try to stop you
>>
File: 34042873.jpg (80KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
34042873.jpg
80KB, 400x349px
>>1445845
> was there CGI to make this more impressive, or is that really the final product?

Those are actual screencaps from the actual episodes.

The French stretch a chain across the river and when the Viking boats bump into it, they… promptly flip over for no fucking reason at all.

The French then use the “catapult” (which is a just a collection of random sticks tied together with twine) to launch what appears to be large cow patties, that explode like napalm bombs.

Meanwhile, the Vikings send a group around overland to attack the plywood “fort” but as they’re marching right out in the open, (despite there being woods right off to the side) the French of course see them and gun them down with their AK-47 crossbows while the Vikings just stand there and take it.
>>
>>1445382
>Vikings wearing eyeliner

it's on point
>>
>>1446044
jesus, that's more retarded than I thought. That catapult doesn't even have anything on it that would let it throw with any force.

They could've put in the slightest effort and made it looks like a whirlwind catapult(even though they're Chinese as far as I know), it would've taken literally 2 pieces of rope
>>
>>1445382
well, it's know most vikings had two eyes. also some of them also were good fighters. i guess that's where the accuracy ends.
>>
>>1445382
Shit, they showed the french with the oriflammes and fleur de lys in the 9th
>>
It's not very accurate, it loosely follows history combined with the legend of Ragnar. It compresses about 100 years of history into about 30 years and a few figures into one.

I enjoy it because the plot isn't so much about characters in a viking world but events in a viking. The plot is based on history like the vikings invading England or attacking Paris, and even now going to Byzantine, rather than who's in love with who.

On the props side its the usual terrible shit. Weird studded leather armour all over the place, no chainmail, helmets and armour literally from the 17th century, uniformed troops. It's very weird and i dont know why they cant just open a single osprey book on vikings and copy that.
>>
>>1446044
As dumb as this all sounds its actually why the show is really fun.
Reread that again with no concern for history
>>
There started to be too many fucking shield maidens in the later seasons. It started with like 1 or 2 here or there which I was willing to give them but now there was like a whole army of them.
>>
>>1445397
>or even an eskimo
before they had discovered even iceland and definitely not greenland or vinland?
>>
>>1446839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPS0kKvJcBI
>>
>>1445820
are those...Romans?
>>
>>1446844
apparently they're supposed to be papal guards
>>
Highly inaccurate, especially the weapons, armors and tactics. The Vikings all fight 1v1 pretty much against the enemy, very few real shieldwall tactics. The armours simply do not make any sense. Everything is brown & black because the early medieval age had no colors amirite guys
>>
>>1445438
>characters are really well developed
Ehhh not really
Still enjoy the show though
>>
>>1446844
Yeah, well they're meant to be the guards in the Vatican. It's a strange choice but i can see why they did it.
>>
>>1446868
shieldwall is just about the only thing they get right, and they do it quite often.
>>
>>1446047
Actually the character Floki regular paints his eyes with charcoal so it's not impossible that women did the same
>>
File: fisherman-old-fashioned_ps.jpg (30KB, 375x379px) Image search: [Google]
fisherman-old-fashioned_ps.jpg
30KB, 375x379px
>>1446868
>Everything is brown & black because the early medieval age had no colors amirite guys
that actually makes sense and yet everyone is pointing is out. we're talking about vikings rowing on open sea and raiding and fighting, not some danish lord just sitting in his hall and looking good. icelandic fishers have dressed like this for centuries and i would say that a viking doing viking stuff wouldn't looked much different even if we know that some people from the same area and same era liked to dress fancy.
>>
>>1446903
>that actually makes sense
It doesn't, though. We know how the Vikings dressed. This is actually something we know for sure and yet people always ignore it. They wore a huge variety of browns, whites, reds, blues, yellows and greens. They liked wearing bright colours.
>>
>>1445483
>Also Paris was laid siege in real life and the show, but the exact events are also somewhat unknown. The result of the French paying the Vikings silver to leave though has been accepted historically.
Kill yourself.

The Viking siege of Paris is an extremely important event in French history because the hugely outnumbered Parisians defeated the Vikings under the leadership of the young count Odo, who gained so much prestige from it that he was made king of the Franks two years later, thus founding a line of French kings that would last until the 19th century, and turning Paris from a backwater into an enormously important city.

The silver was paid to the Vikings not by the French but by the emperor Charles the Fat who eventually came from Germany at the very end, in exchange for the Vikings raiding rebellious Burgundy.
>>
>>1445382
Well, the mere fact they made Rollo and Ragnar brothers should give you an idea

They also merged to two Sieges of Paris and turned the humiliation of the vikings after the 2nd siege (being forced to drag their boats on land to the next river to leave the country) into an epic strategic plot by Ragnar
>>
>>1446923
no, we know how wealthy norsemen dressed while at home or trading or partying. nobody wears their best outfit at a fucking viking raid even if they could afford to. and most vikings were poor, that's why they begun stealing other people's stuff in the first place. that's like someone 1000 years from now saying that construction workers from early 2000's were wearing a suit because some archeologist found an old picture of some banksta.
>>
It shows a fucking Catholic bishop execute an apostate by dressing him up like Jesus and crucifying him. If any part of this makes sense to you kill yourself.

I almost stopped watching there but kept going against my better judgement. Then Paris happened and I was done.
>>
>>1446947
Theres a difference between colours and a suit. People wore colours, doesn't make them super rich or fancy.
>>
>>1446947
>no, we know how wealthy norsemen dressed while at home or trading or partying
No, we literally know how the average Viking dressed. Have you ever studied the period at all? Read the Cambridge History of Scandinavia by Knut Helle, Dress in Anglo-Saxon England by Gale Owen-Crocker, and Viking Clothing by Thor Ewing.

>nobody wears their best outfit at a fucking viking raid even if they could afford to
Dyed clothing isn't the equivalent of someone's Sunday best. Literally EVERYTHING would've been died. If you have white wool, it's actually harder to dye it a dull brown than it is to get it a bright red or green.
>>
>>1446957
yes it does. dyes were expensive, that's exactly why they were used. it shows that you are wealthy. and i already posted a picture of a modern man of the same cultural continuum doing comparably similar work wearing a traditional costume. and that's fucking generic brown leather. because it's good and practical for exactly that purpose.
>>
>>1446967
1. Dyes aren't that expensive
2. Vikings were comparatively poor to the rest of Europe but they still had money, they had homes, weapons, food, etc, so they could afford clothing with some colour the same way a poor person today has a smart phone, tv and internet
3. They liked to wear colours, raw white wool is unlikely
>>
>>1446967
>dyes were expensive
Certain dyes were expensive, not all.

I'm getting the sense that you don't really know much about the period and you're just going from bits and pieces you've heard. You should try and read Kristina Gundersen's essays on the subject, she's not the foremost expert or anything but she presents the information in a pretty concise way that's accessible to non-historians.
>>
not very, I love Ecbert tho
>>
>>1446982
>Kristina Gunderse
>female "historians"
And people deny that this board isn't SJW central
>>
>>1446903
>an old-fashioned fisherman from modern Iceland is a relevant comparison for successful Scandinavian raiders and warriors that could afford warships 1200 years ago
lad
>>
>>1446992
Yeah best character.

Although cucking his son is weird
>>
>>1445382
Even the scene with the Anglo-Saxons was wrong, because at that point in time Old Norse and Old English was mutually intelligible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHTcAJstuo
>>
>>1447009
closely related but not mutually intelligible. they're literally speaking old norse and old english in that scene and everyone can tell them as different tongues. maybe comparable to dutch and high german of today.
>>
>>1446839
Celts were in iceland pre-viking
>>
>>1446947
In the show they dress in black and brown even on feasts. Just accept it's a shit series.
>>
>>1447028
>and everyone can tell them as different tongues

That's because they aren't native speakers of the languages you mongoloid.

I have studied both Old Norse and Old English, and there's no way they wouldn't understand each other with a little bit of imagination.
>>
Were small garrisons of soldiers really protecting coastal villages like in the show? I mean vikings brought shields and if they could afford it also armor with them when they raided so it looks like they at least expected some fight.
>>
>>1447077
Depends on the time and place.

In Ireland, the first few Viking raids went unchallenged, then the Monks started defending themselves, sometimes quite successfully. Then the local Kings took notice and sent soldiers to frequent targets just in case.
>>
>>1447087
How about England and France?
>>
>>1447009
fucking floki every time
>>
File: shrug.jpg (27KB, 616x402px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
27KB, 616x402px
>>1447110
i dunno
>>
- The temple in what is now Old Uppsala is not built on a fucking mountain. It's pretty flat except for some man-made burial mounds.
- Hedeby, which is in what is now Schlesvig-Holstein, was absolutely not surrounded by steep hills.
- Kattegatt, which I'm assuming is supposed to be in northeastern Denmark, wouldn't be surrounded by impressive fjords, since there are not fjords in Denmark.

t. native scandinavian
>>
>>1447061
have you ever actually tried to understand someone that's speaking something almost-but-not-quite-same as you do? brains react differently to foreign languages than your mother tongue and even if they might seem close enough from a foreigner's point of view for a native speaker it's extremely confusing. it just sounds wrong.
>>
>>1447129
can confirm, I live 30 min away from Hedeby and it is literally completely flat land.
>>
>Denmark
>has fucking mountains

also as far as I remember in this show we never even see the sun because apparently Scandinavia is a grimdark land 24/7
>>
>>1447165
>because apparently Scandinavia is a grimdark land 24/7

Well it is at least 6 months out of the year.
>>
>>1445390
Just pretend he's like that Korean guy who served in more or less every major power's army in WWII.
The probability is astounding, but it did happen. History is weird, particularly with trading and weird stuff/people/things ending in odd places.
I mean, Marco Polo and his dad or uncle I forget which made it all the way to China overland, and by the time they came back everybody thought they were long since dead.
>>
>>1447171
it's not grimdark. it's dark dark. and the rest of time sun is up almost non-stop
>>
>vikings winning any fights

it's not accurate at all
>>
>>1447175
But it's not outside of the north. I live in central Sweden, the weather is just... normal.
>>
File: just normal weather.jpg (60KB, 499x806px) Image search: [Google]
just normal weather.jpg
60KB, 499x806px
>>1447214
just... normal.
>>
>>1447129
>>1447157
> which I'm assuming is supposed to be in northeastern Denmark
i think i've read somewhere that it's actually in rogaland in norway and despite the name has nothing to do with modern day kattegat sea
>>
>>1447229
Bitch, I am also in central Sweden and it's fucking sunshine and it's fucking 25 degrees celsius in the shade here. I long for rain.
>>
File: 1464993023944.png (202KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
1464993023944.png
202KB, 420x510px
>>1445382
It's not.
>>
>THEY ARE TALL LIKE GIANTS

except they were on average only 2cm bigger than Saxons
>>
>vikings didn't know fuck all about England

Honestly what I hate most about the show desu

I can forgive having stavkirker in the 7th century, and Rollo being Ragnar's brother, but the thing about England apparently being some mystical paradise land that nobody has ever raided before, is just too much.
>>
>>1447621
well, this too. anglo-saxons literally came from mostly what is now denmark centuries earlier.
>>
>Saxons charge shieldwall like fucking retards
>implying Saxons didn't know what a fucking shieldwall is
>>
>>1447165
>Götaland, rocky and mountainuos instead of mostly flat with alot of fields.
>>
>>1447716
That other stupid viking-era show, The Last Kingdom, also had that bullshit.
>SAXONS KNO NUFFIN BOUT MY SHIELD WALL.
>Literally bog-standard Germanic tactic in battle.
>>
>>1447732
>>1447165
>Everything is Norway
Fjordniggers ruined vikings desu drenge
>>
File: 1432833847011.jpg (612KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1432833847011.jpg
612KB, 800x770px
>>1447747
Asspained Jeppe detected
>>
>>1447737
that's even worse because in the books that The Last Kingdom is based on shieldwalls are rammed down your throat in every fight scene
>>
File: nw8Hi6d.png (93KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
nw8Hi6d.png
93KB, 500x422px
>>1447761
LITERALLY FUCKING MOUNTAIN DANE KEKS WITH NO HISTORY FOR 800 YEARS DUE TO BEING SLAVES TO DENMARK AND FUCKED UP EVEN BEING THAT AND THEN BECAME SWEDENS PERSONAL CUMDUMPSTER BOYPUSSY FOR ANOTHER HUNDRED YEARS BEFORE FINALLY GETTING INDEPENDENCE AND BEING THE POOREST COUNTRY IN EUROPE UNTIL DENMARK SOLD YOU SOME OILFIELDS DUE TO A DRUNKEN MISTAKE WHICH MADE YOU NUMBER 1
>>
File: gjennomsnittlignordmann.png (142KB, 715x585px) Image search: [Google]
gjennomsnittlignordmann.png
142KB, 715x585px
>>1447783
You seem upset :^)
>>
>>1447737
SQUARE
WOODEN PLANK
SHIELDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
>>
File: If+this+is+legit+.png (20KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
If+this+is+legit+.png
20KB, 527x409px
>>1446993
>everybody's watching her but she's looking at (you) (you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)
>>
>>1447776
and ships. don't forget the ships. like the show cast forgot the damn ships.
>>
>>1447134

I have spoken with people who only speak Ebonic before, so yes. It's not that hard.
>>
>>1448132
that's not a language, not even a dialect. that's just creolisized slang. if you're native english speaker i guess you might try some heavy scots.
>>
>>1445395
actually his punishment is just like they did to Loki (norse god) in old stories and Flóki is often very much like him throughout the show
>>
>>1445382
Well, it's based on a more "legendary" character instead of a real person. The events are placed MUCH closer together in the show's timeline. The clothing not one bit. Battles neither BUT I can generally accept that in a tv show

I don't actually know enough about Viking culture to comment on how it's portrayed on the show. But I understood them to be more... "democratic". While their society in the show is portrayed as a lot more feudal
>>
>>1446692
You're garbage if you don't realize that the Viking armor and weaponry is fairly accurate. I'm not sure about Anglo armour of French, but Viking armor is good.
>>
>>1445382
If I recall correctly Vikings and Chinese people did meet once at the coast of the Caspian sea. This was when China was the furthest west it ever got to be and when Vikings/Rus plied the Caspian for trade. Chinese sources described tall red haired guys with tats.
>>
>>1446950
You sound like a really pretentious fag. Just watch the show for fun. Almost no show is historically accurate except for The Walking Dead.
>>
>>1448270
I'm sure every tall red haired guy is a viking Sven.
>>
>>1448292
>calls other pretensious
>snides in a ''the dumb masses are exactly like zombies amirite xD'' remark in his post

kill yourself
>>
>>1448317
>Implying tall red haired guys arn't indigenous to Scandinavia
>>
>>1448339
Irish are scandinavians now?
>>
I find it fun and Lagertha is pretty
>>
>>1447732
The Great temple at Uppsala is on a fookin' mountain lol
>>
I'm just waiting for the PIE historical drama, it's a carte blanche to make shit up dying to happen. Though I suppose they would have to at least try to get names right.

Also as for Vikangz itself I'm disappointed they don't really pay any attention to language in the show. Lacking detailed accounts of daily life in the Danelaw, t's really the only effective way to get it across that the Anglo-Saxons and the Norse were very similar but also different in an almost uncanny valley kind of way.
>>
>>1446933
Count Odo in the show is a fat pervert that gets killed hahaha.
>>
File: is this nigga serious.gif (876KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.gif
876KB, 500x281px
>>1448264
>You're garbage if you don't realize that the Viking armor and weaponry is fairly accurate. I'm not sure about Anglo armour of French, but Viking armor is good.
Sure.
>>
>>1448264
Actually it's not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO6gQK5uA5M, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcQ0GaJ0EU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwcsz8MuGug .
>>
Daily reminder that vikings are glorified pirates who got fucking destroyed in literally every single battle in which they fought against an actual army.
>>
>>1445822
>Crossbows on the show are essentially AK-47s.
It's accurate in that regard, at least.
>>
Why vikings didn't use crossbows?
>>
>>1449018
Oh he gets killed too? Sure why not. I stopped watching before that.

What irks me the most is that they didn't even change things to make them more interesting. They changed an awesome real story to make it shitty and boring. Why would they turn a hero like Odo, who was 25 in real life, who led sorties against the Vikings, and smuggled himself out of the siege and back in again to get help from the emperor, and who rose himself and his line to kingship in the wake of this battle, into a useless fat old pervert? What about the bishop of Paris who fought with the men at arms, a sword in one hand and a cross in the other? What about when the Vikings set their own ships on fire and hurled them at the bridge in the hopes of bringing it down? What about when a dozen Franks ended up isolated in a guard tower and they died to the last but only after taking a hundred Vikings down with them?

Instead it's just the usual meek scrawny little non-Vikings pissing their pants at the sight of 8 foot tall muscular Viking Übermenschen strolling in to fuck their boipussies.
>>
>>1449578
Because the vikings are the heroes of the show you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>1449605
Which is exactly why they should have beffed up enemies no one would watch DBZ if Goku only fought Yamcha tier opponents.
>>
>>1449605
And they're heroes for defeating scrawny little manlets led by cowardly idiots all of whom literally piss themselves in fear at the mere sight of them?

That sure makes for a much more exciting story.
>>
>>1448339

redhair isn't common in scandinavia at all
>>
>>1447685

anglo-saxons were german not danish
>>
>>1449979
No the Angles and Jutes were from Jutland.
>>
>>1449979
"germanic", not "germans". just like danes.
>>
File: 1469226520089.jpg (844KB, 1800x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1469226520089.jpg
844KB, 1800x1703px
>>1449979
>>
File: 1467971137999.jpg (8KB, 480x192px) Image search: [Google]
1467971137999.jpg
8KB, 480x192px
>>1445438
>Its NOT a meme show
>>
>>1449621
>implying DB wasn't far superior
>>
>>1451206
I have a question about this picture. If British are essentially German and Danish descendants, why do they look so weird? Did a lot of mixing with the original population occur?
>>
>>1451437
I've read something saying brits are about 30% anglo saxon genetically.
>>
>>1451447
So what is the other 70%?
>>
>>1451466
britons and french
>>
>>1451466
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/18/genetic-study-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry

neolithic native populations iirc, ^ would have more info
>>
>>1451437
INBREEDING
>>
>>1451475
That's interesting, thanks. I wish scientists would do these kinds of studies all over the world, now that there are still non-mixed people alive
>>
>>1449975
It is though.

t. Swede
>>
>>1445384
>>1445390
>>1445397
>>1446839
>>1446842
>>1447043

she's finnish
>>
File: if only i was white.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
if only i was white.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>1451598
as a finn i find this meme extremely offensive. stop spreading it.
>>
>>1445384
ive heard of a viking lord or something that was asian looking, he was from siberia.
>>
>>1448345
>>1449975
what the fuck make you dumbasses think that red hair is some sort of mystical hair colour that is unique to the celts or something?
red heads existed across all of yurop
>>
>>1449975
its gingers here dude, half of my family is ginger
>>
>>1451528
the most common hairtype in sweden is thick and curly pitch black
>>
>>1445438
>Trying this hard
>>
>>1448264
This is bait.
>>
>>1449975
My dad has red hair, I'm Swedish. It runs our family, too.
>>
File: 1466377995173.jpg (278KB, 1111x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1466377995173.jpg
278KB, 1111x1096px
>>1447043
>believes that Brendan sailed the Atlantic in a leather boat
>>
>>1445390
Then shouldn't the show have been called Varangians instead of Vikings?
>>
>>1445384
>Nordic viking era

>China at the apex of it's power

>selling Chinese slaves to western barbarians

Yeah this shit drives me up the wall
>>
>>1455040
Not him but Chinese regularly ventured out of the T'ang Empire as merchants at times got their asses captured by Steppenigs.
>>
>>1455057
Chinese male merchants. Maybe.

But otherwise, China was equal to modern American during the Tang period. Even if a Chinese person was captured by horseniggers, the likelyhood they would be bottom rung slaves sold off to Nordic weirdos is almost impossible.
>>
>>1455040
and she was actually daughter of the emperor (atleast she said so herself) so her capturers prob yould'd get a fucking shitload of ransom for her
>>
>television isn't historically accurate

Wow. Really makes you think.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.