[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find my purpose in life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Temple of the Jade Buddha-8.jpg (289KB, 968x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Temple of the Jade Buddha-8.jpg
289KB, 968x1000px
How do I find my purpose in life?
>>
>>1445142
Well, what do you want right now, for starters?
>>
>>1445142
You dont find purpose, you create it.
>>
you dont find it, you build it.
>>
>>1445147
purpose
money
lose weight
girlfriend

but those are things I desire, not what my role is in the universe
>>1445149
>>1445150
Don't know what I want to create

I don't know. Maybe I need a spiritual guide/leader. Never really had one in life because I never really believed.
>>
you stop looking for it and find an activity that demands your whole pesron. the rest follows by itself.
>>
>>1445158
>purpose
You are looking for something big. Think smaller. Actions have purpose. There is purpose in the little things: you cook to eat, you sleep to wake up fresh. And, if you focus on the purpose of the current you, clear your head of everything else, these little things will be large enough, they'll be your world.
>money
>lose weight
>girlfriend
These things would probably do you good in a pretty tangible way. You think being good to yourself isn't important enough? I worry for you, anon. You should try to do well for yourself - I'm sure you aren't bad to others since you are so concerned with things bigger than yourself, so I do not fear that which pleases you.

Love, another anon.

Goodnight.
>>
>>1445158
>Maybe I need a spiritual guide/leader.
Obliterate all life and give rise to a perfect eternal machine race.

That should be good for starters. Mostly because the completion of that goal will be your death, so you won't need another goal.
>>
Believe on Jesus Christ for your salvation, and then get other people saved.
>>
>>1445142
Cults, mate
Get indoctrinated and brainwashed, it's bliss
>>
Some people have religion, family, personal pleasures.

We as a species arn't significant at all.
Eventually, we will all perish, but you have the fortune of existing where humanity stands right now.

I'd say to live and observe, where the current civilization stands, simply because you have the opportunity to.

Nobody says you have to go on living, that's up to you but, if for some reason you feel depressed, you should read about human psychology and how your brain works, I find that understanding your composition can help regulate emotions at times.
>>
File: 1466530389891.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466530389891.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>my purpose in life
there isn't one. Do what you want, and if you don't know what you want to do then get out of your comfort zone and test different things until you at least know what you don't want to do

If you really want a purpose for life, then think of us humans in an evolutionary sense: our sole purpose is to survive and produce offspring but because we're far smarter than animals, we have other ways of reaching a state of happiness and "peace of mind"
>>
>>1445158
>Maybe I need a spiritual guide/leader
come the fuck on, anon. What you need is proper philosophy and none of that spiritual shit.

Well actually, if you do find happiness by "spiritual salvation" it's your way and I should respect that. It's just that reaching a state of peace by non existent spiritual means (aka lying to yourself) is climbing over a fence where it's lowest when compared to becoming a happy and enlightened person through philosophical means and hard mental work
>>
>>1446599
>climbing over a fence where it's lowest
What's objectively wrong about this if it achieves what OP wants, a purpose for his life?
>>
>>1446605
that's why I said I should respect that. Everybody has their own way of finding "purpose" and I'm glad for OP even if he finds it with means I don't support

The thing with spiritual and religious thinking is that most of the religions have rules that, when fully obeyed, force you to try and convert/change other people too. This is total bullshit
>>
>>1445142
The way I see it, our only purpose is to create a better future for our descendants, and even this can be considered meaningless but it is the only one that will have a positive effect.
Philosophers can argue all day about spooks and the concept of morality but at the end of the day they accomplish nothing but stroking their own egos.
There's a reason philosophy has no place in politics, it's impractical and a waste of time.
Get things done to better the lives of your children and you'll die a happy man.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.