[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Atatürk had lived to see World War II, how would the role

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Women_at_a_cafeteria_in_Istanbul.jpg (493KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Women_at_a_cafeteria_in_Istanbul.jpg
493KB, 1024x768px
If Atatürk had lived to see World War II, how would the role of Turkey likely be different?
>>
>>1444568
I can't see him getting Tukey involved in that kind of hatchet fight, especially with his experiences in WW1.

At MOST, he'd join the allies in like 1944 but not actually do much of anything.
>>
>>1444593
Inonu did exactly that.
>>
France gave Turkey Hatay province in return for neutrality in WWII. Tough to see Ataturk passing up that deal.
>>
Is it true that Ataturk hated Islam?
>>
>>1444870
http://imgur.com/mqdqVOK
>>
>>1444880
Based Ataturk
>>
>>1444880
given the current state of Turkey, I wonder if he's spinning hard enough in his grave for use as a power source
>>
>>1444870
Probably no, and would have at most hated individual clerics for their politics while being mostly neutral or agnostic. Quotes like >>1444880 begin to surface in the political debates between Kemalists and Islamists decades later, and can't be traced to Ataturk himself.

Which is kind of ironic. Like it's almost Hadith.
>>
>>1444664
>Hatay
*Googles*
Wtf is that rightful Syrian clay? Have the Arabs there ever tried to secede(before 2011 kek) or did they prefer it there?
>>
>>1444568
he would have fully backed hitler from the start and mentally helped him too, they would have made a great partnership and the world would be a better place now with the good guys winning

if he would come back from the dead he would shoot himself immediately when he would find out hitler lost
>>
>>1445345
full of turks
>>
>>1447647
You don't know anything about history

Attatürk was AGAINST Turkey's involvement in WW1, that was the entire thing, he was a pacifist and he would have never joined WW2
>>
>>1449241
He wasn't a pacifist, anon.

He was just a nationalist who didn't want Turkey in a war that wouldn't benefit Turks.
>>
>>1449317
Well yeah he did attack Greece, but I think after that he did say he wanted Turkey to be in peace
>>
>>1444568

Almost certainly no differently. Ataturk's defining foreign policy doctrine was "Peace at home, peace abroad" as he sought to create a stable regional environment for his fledgling nation state. He was painfully aware of Turkey's inadequacies in terms of industrialisation and would not have pitted Turkey against the Soviets and the British and French. In fact, he heavily criticised Enver Pasha for making the call to join the Germans in WW1.

At most he might have been more opportunistic in joining the Allies earlier in exchange for key pieces of clay but Turkey's overall contribution to the war was never likely to be anything significant.

>>1449326

>Well yeah he did attack Greece

What the fuck are you talking about? The Greco-Turkish War was prompted by a Greek invasion of Asia Minor.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.