[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want off the iron age ride.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 6567567456745.jpg (102KB, 960x693px) Image search: [Google]
6567567456745.jpg
102KB, 960x693px
I want off the iron age ride.
>>
>>1442302
This is great where can i read on this more OP?
>>
>>1442302
The bronze age were warriors according to Hesiod who did these ageing thingy so fuck off.
>>
When did this so-called "Golden Age" exist?
>>
>>1442443
Dark ages destroyed all records of it.
>>
>>1442472
Then how do we know it exists?
>>
>>1442479
A cynical partof me want to say that many nobles saw themselves outclassed by entrepreneurs from other classes and had to make this stuff up to feel better about themselves.
>>
File: reactionary.png (310KB, 1072x1328px) Image search: [Google]
reactionary.png
310KB, 1072x1328px
The further back in time a period was, the less information we have of it. This is generally true, if we begin from the year 2000 and trace our history back to the neolithic revolution.

The gaps in information relating to a period of historical time are readily filled with fantasy. If you find a period of history just obscure enough to allow you, you can create your own utopia within it. Consider the enlightenment's obsession with classicism and how Athens was their utopia.

Evola was a self confessed existentialist in early life, flittering from one radical artistic/philosophical movement to another. He was clearly dissatisfied with the world and his place within it. The further back through history he looked, the more gaps he filled with his own spiritual longings (also expressed though his pathetic obsession with "magick"). It's very easy to invent a utopia in the distant past. The "noble savage" society where early-man lived in peace and love and harmony, is a popular fantasy.

The problem with "cyclical" history is that the authors do not show evidence of completed macrocycles, but assert that we are in the close of the first macrocycle. Even if Rome, HRE, Spanish Empire, and so on displayed their own isolated microcycles, broadly consistent to his worldview this would not imply aggregation of these microcycles across time into some grand macrocycle of all Western Civilization.

It just irritates me. He writes things and assumes them to be true, simply because he's written them.
>>
>>1442302
That certainly is very convincing.

>>1442443
Ancient civilizations like the ones in Mesopotamia I think, when Priest-Kings were an actual thing and not technical thing.
>>
>>1442646
Although you're right I don't think Evola thought of it golden 'age' man to be the stereotypical noble savage in that he seems to have accepted warfare as a necessity and perhaps even based their society upon it (thus the 'sacred war' and focus on 'priest kings/warrior kings)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.