[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Origins of the American Revolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Looking for more information regarding the underlying causes of the revolution. Other than the obvious: no taxation without representation, dependence on the outcome of the 7-year-war, etc. I know that the 'shot heard around the world' is supposed to be the "official" start. But how did that happen? Who shot first? What prompted the colonials to believe they had the right to rebel against the crown as they did, aside from the fact that Americans in general had an inherent adventurous, rebellious spirit. I guess because my own digging has been fruitless in trying to find some outside influence or anything of that nature i feel so sure there has to be some unseen force guiding their hand. Does anyone know of any good books that go into this? Documentaries? Anything?
>>
>>1437657
The Declaration of Independence, which the colonials knew would prompt a British reprisal.
>>
File: 1436236592617.png (16KB, 1062x573px) Image search: [Google]
1436236592617.png
16KB, 1062x573px
NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
>>
>>1437667
I'm talking about WAY before the dec, bro. I am looking for the cultivation of the american revolution.
>>
>>1437682
British blockade of Boston harbor. Battle of Lexington and Concord was a response to a rumor of an arms buildup outside of occupied Boston.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.