[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I want to understand the current conditions of African

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Depositphotos_3780361_s.jpg (35KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
Depositphotos_3780361_s.jpg
35KB, 615x615px
Hello
I want to understand the current conditions of African nations - why the majority of them are poor, which ones are actually doing quite well, etc. And hear some explanations beyond colonialism (maybe social structures hinder development?)
Is there any books/articles to start?
>>
Try Uwafiokun Idemudia's essay on the Resource Curse. He specifically talks about Nigeria, but it can be applied to many other African countries, especially Angola.
>>
>>1437565
look up the portuguese slave trade out of the gold coast and other slave trading nations. you exported all the good genes 500 years ago and now this is what you are left with.

likewise for 50000 years that continent has been mined into the ground of natural resources.
>>
File: 94-179-large.jpg (815KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
94-179-large.jpg
815KB, 1200x1200px
>>1437565
just look at a topography map of the world, africa has literally been trodden & dug out flat.
>eons
>>
>>1438848
Africa is bigger tho.
>>
>>1437565
This topic has been done to death on /his/.

Tropical climate explains most of the disadvantage up until around after ww2.

Then cold war proxy wars and ongoing instability held back large areas.
>>
I think ultimately it comes down to social forces. I don't think black people are biologically determined to be lazy but I think there's certain sociocultural elements that inhibit people of subsaharan Africa and diaspora from otherwise organizing.

"Black" Africa for the most part has never really developed except when external forces are present. Whether its the ancient Egyptians, Christianization, Islamization, or Colonialism.
>>
>>1438625

>mined into the ground of natural resources.

Bullshit, why is china there then?
>>
>>1439371
>"Black" Africa for the most part has never really developed except when external forces are present.
Have we not have enough threads on this every day for you to know that this is wrong?
>>
Can a society in our times be modernized without becoming westernized? What are some examples of such if they exist? If they don't why don't they exist? Has modernization been conflated with western values? What does the future hold for Africa especially Sub-Saharan Africa and even more specifically nations that are in such a shit situation now that are finally coming out of their civil wars i.e. Liberia and S Sudan
>>
>>1440343
Japan is modernized with some westernization and even then.those western influences are still heavily altered to fit Japanese norms.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.