[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"It is your God given right to not believe in God"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 1452853587587.jpg (219KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1452853587587.jpg
219KB, 1134x1001px
"It is your God given right to not believe in God"
>>
That's probably Ivan Kramskoy's best painting. It's kind of a meme, but it really is evocative. His inner turmoil is palpable.
>>
No, it's your human right to not have to believe whatever bullshit people believe wherever you live
>>
Belief or disbelief is not a right. It just is.
>>
>>1436840
Is it my human right to not believe in human rights?
>>
File: bill1.png (402KB, 597x682px) Image search: [Google]
bill1.png
402KB, 597x682px
>>1437640
yes faggot.
>>
Yes, and it's God's right to punish you.
>>
>>1437754
Then is it really human rights granting me the ability to do so?
>>
File: Joseph-Stalin-009.jpg (19KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-Stalin-009.jpg
19KB, 460x276px
>allow free will
>punish people when they actually use it
>>
>>1439039
>Doesn't want people to sin
>Allows people to sin

>Is opposed to evil
>Allowed one of his angels to "fall" and become the source of evil and sin

>knows everything past, present and future
>will still wait for prophecies to defeat evil and commence the rapture

>God talks to and appears explicitly to people 1000+ years ago
>Hasn't done it since photography

>Doesn't want people to commit sexual acts out of marriage
>Creates raging sexual hormones in people as young as 11 or 12 that feel good when satisfied
>>
>>1439057
>Created Earth not too long ago, relatively speaking
>Put fossils into the Earth that we date as being last alive millions of years ago

it's almost like most of it is actually bullshit and mostly allegorical/metaphorical/interpretative
>>
not believing in god is actually the only way to hell
>>
>>1439039
I can use free will in this way:
Believe in Christ
... live decent life taking into account Christ teachings.

Die.
If He was God - I will wake up at resurrection day for eternal life.

Otherwise biological end will dissolve everything that I am - nothing that I ever believed or done mattered - since I would be gone,

^ if that's the case then life is pretty pointless - it's like nothingness experiencing life for a period of time - but for no reason since it won't remember it done it and remain nothingness.
>>
File: 1464527096611.gif (995KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1464527096611.gif
995KB, 499x499px
>>1439724
it is really telling that the only way you can get people to believe your bullshit is to threaten them with the most grotesque fantasy mankind has ever invented. good ideas stand on their own and don't need vicious psychological terrorism to make people believe them

if god actually punishes people for not bringing about certain states of affairs, he is the supreme example of might being right.

in any sensible system of ethics, people aren't held accountable for things they didn't do (original sin), and the rules governing punishment and infractions are explicit and mostly devoid of discordant interpretations. Contrast this with the vague poetry in revelation and inconsistent statements on the afterlife in the rest of scripture. In my study of scripture and readings on biblical studies, it seems to me that annihilationism is the most sound doctrine to hold. Many of the verses in the NT that seem to imply eternal conscious torment are merely references to events in the OT (remember the context of Christ's words). For example, the "ever rising smoke" as it is commonly translated is an illusion to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

I like the aesthetic upshot of annihilationist Christianity, and can tentatively say that I embrace the Christian way of life, but I find the idea of eternal conscious torment creepy and indefensible.

Btw, Paul was most likely a universalist. It seems that modern Christianity has lost the aesthetic vision of God as the grand truth, the force that reconciles all, casts out all doubt, presents the truth in its glory, and wipes every tear. Remember, God is all-powerful and all-knowing, so unless he has a plan to reconcile all to him one day (not without punishment for the wicked) and have all bow before the way and the truth, he is an incredibly callous being.

--an OCD (scrupulosity aka intrusive thoughts of hell) sufferer who has contemplated suicide because of fear of hell
>>
>>1439791

>Otherwise biological end will dissolve everything that I am - nothing that I ever believed or done mattered - since I would be gone,

Or Islam was actually the true religion and you'll burn forever for practicing shirk
>>
File: d74.jpg (42KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
d74.jpg
42KB, 542x535px
>>1436451
>>1436840
>>1437640
>>1437763
>>1439016
>rights
>>
>>1439925
this is what I was getting at
>>
>>1439724
i believe that the universe had a creator but i have no reason to believe whether or not that creator should be worshipped or is referred to as a specific name
>>
>>1439917
Can't be - it literally starts with describing Allah creating a pen before everything else that he uses to write the story of everything. Then makes pointless angels like drops of rain - and a very dumb illogical theological system is described... + let's not forget the many contradictions.
>>
File: 1421962816008.jpg (239KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1421962816008.jpg
239KB, 1280x850px
>>1441667
question begging
>>
File: 1450059524735.png (2MB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1450059524735.png
2MB, 1134x1001px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.