[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is bad the new good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1468798134563.gif (24KB, 60x95px) Image search: [Google]
1468798134563.gif
24KB, 60x95px
it seems like there is strong pressure in culture right now to be as cynical and jaded as possible

even here everyone is hyperfocused on 'redpilling' (memes aside, the sentiment is there) and 'hard truths'

we're supposed to act stoic and abandon all feelings of happiness and positivity. everything is heavy and grim and the alternative is being an ignorant tumblr idiot

things that are positive are seen as shallow, naive and superficial.

why is there such an intellectual bias towards pessimism, negativity, cynicism and futility

i dont want to be this sad anymore but there is no reason to be happy :(
>>
You're just a faggot
>>
You've been visiting /pol/ too much newfriend.

Just give yourself a two week /his/ diet and you should be cured for the time being.
>>
It's called decadence, the end of the age.
>>
>>1432995
Good and bad are subjective.
>>
>>1433030
alright well if you want to play by that game, unless you are some contrarian sperglord turbofedora i bet the distrust and repressed rage described in OP doesn't feel that subjectively 'good' to most people
>>
>>1432995
We reentered the grimdark pessimism of the late 1970's and early 1980's.

>>1433000
>replace your fascist propaganda board for a commie propaganda board
Just go outside OP. Play some Pokemon GO or something.
>>
>>1433042
>commie propaganda
This is /his/, not lebbit or tumblr
>>
>>1433047
Lurk more. This place is covered in commie apologist bullshit to the point where /pol/'s propaganda seems sane.
>>
>>1433030
Retarded.
>>
>>1432995
New Sincerity peaked in 2012 so I guess cynicism is back in vogue
>>
>>1432995
There's not really any deep meaning behind trends. Most people base their actions on superficial things.

>>1433054
What if this place is covered in /pol/ apologist bullshit to the point where commie propaganda seems sane.

I'm joking. We hate both of you.
>>
>How many layers of contrarianism are you on?
>>
>>1432995
Because this is 4chan, where misery and anger are beloved pastimes.
>>
>>1433054
On /his/ there's marginally more communists than /pol/, it's in no way covered in communists.

Tho people who are offended by encountering even one sure seem to think so.
>>
S U C C [spoiler] KILL ME [/spoiler]
>>
Actually, it seems to me that the outside world looks better at people who exude positivity.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.